Window regulator problems - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-16-2014, 08:03 AM   #1
Registered Member
Region: Florida
Window regulator problems

Alright so about a month ago i started noticing this really loud knocking sound when the drivers side window is all the way down and you keep pressing the down button. Now a couple days ago it started getting stuck like half way through when going down and now its just a game of luck to get the window down, and if it does it goes back up without a problem so my question is if i should replace the whole window regulator or if there is another money saving fix.

robin_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 08:48 PM   #2
Registered Member
Region: California
The electric motor that powers the windows has a gear reduction unit built into it. Possibly its just that.
You'll have to take it apart and find out.
Rockauto has the motors and gear reduction.

straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 10:54 AM   #3
Registered Member
Region: Pennsylvania
The motor on mine died a while back. I bought the whole assembly from AM and it's worked well ever since. (Motor and regulator) I think it was a $100.
JCOB72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 02:05 PM   #4
Registered Member
I am also having issues on my 2003. I have replaced the driver side window motor and it worked for awhile then passenger side stopped. I was going to change the motor in it when the drivers stopped again. I actually had them both start working in the morning again then quit later that same day.

Power is all good all the way to the motors but I hear a click when you push either power button and nothing happens.

I have taken it all apart to inspect it and don't see anything wrong, I will put it all back and it will work for a while then randomly stop again.
xfree143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 07:56 AM   #5
Region: Virginia
I just replaced my drivers side motor and regulator. Watched a YouTube video. Easy replacement just need someone to hold up window.

Sent from my iPod touch using Mustang Evolution
Paulhagee is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT