Valve covers...are hard to find... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-26-2014, 03:22 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Valve covers...are hard to find...

So, even though Grimace is a 96, his heads came from a 99, which is making it extremely difficult to get him finished up. All I'm lacking is the valve covers. I've checked every junk yard around, called Ford, looked everywhere online. The only ones I've found are those ugly BBK valve covers that look like a rectangular box. They're hideous! And I don't want to spend that kind of money on something I'm not satisfied with. They're Windsor heads, these two extra bolts have caused some serious issues in my hunt. Because apparently they only made these covers for two years from what I've read. If anyone happens to have any that they've taken off of theirs, or if you know of anyone that just has them laying around...how about helping a sister out and letting me buy them? Lol. For real though. I need help. I'm beyond ready to get my car back. It's been 3 weeks now, a PI swap shouldn't take THAT long lol

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Grimace96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2014, 04:19 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
get these then Trick Flow Aluminum Valve Covers, 13/14 Bolt Windsor Black 4.6 2V 51811802 - LatemodelRestoration.com
They also come in silver/chrome if the black ones are not pretty enough
TurboCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 05:43 PM   #3
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market

You should be able to find multiple yards near you that have them or maybe can ship.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2014, 05:47 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Color doesn't matter because I'm painting then purple before I put them on.

Scotty, I've checked every junk yard between here and Jacksonville and the ones that do have them won't part with them without me buying the complete heads.

A friend says he may have some old Windsor heads in his garage, he's looking when he gets home from work today. But if not, looks like I'll be taking up Turbo's offer.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Grimace96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 07:09 PM   #5
Staff
Regular
Staff

Yeah I mean those are going to look way better anyway.

Hell, join the corral and put up a wanted ad. Someone should have a pair on there for cheap.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 06-26-2014, 07:09 PM   #6
Staff
Regular
Staff

Yeah I mean those are going to look way better anyway.

Hell, join the corral and put up a wanted ad. Someone should have a pair on there for cheap.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT