My gf's car started running really rough.. Well long story short I found a wire unplugged from what I think is the coil pack.. I took some pictures so here they are. It looks like when the wire was off it melted some plastic or somethin? Any ideas if I'll need to replace it? Without the engine was moving sideways back and forth hella hard.. And could barely idle, but did ok at higher rpm's. It was pretty damn rough around idle and throttle response was terrible. I guess thats what 5/6 spark plugs will do lol.
I have COP's so I'm not positive but I believe that the coil packs are replaced as a complete unit.
A wrecking yard would be a good place to pick one up.
Ok we may do that if it won't stay in. We plugged it back up and it runs fine again. Got a new battery and it's running good now. Hopefully it will stay. Thanks though! You're always a life saver stray
When it gets dark, open the hood and look for any spark "leaking" from that part of the coil. If you don't see any spark arcing, and the boot seems like it's staying on, that coil will probably still be usable.