Future plans - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-13-2014, 09:36 AM   #1

Region: Texas
Future plans

Well I'm back.i had a 2010 torch red GT traded for a regular car for personal and financial reasons and job kept me from starting and planning a build.excuse this long thread just trying to get advice and ideas so here it is.
I plan on buying an 03-04 gt body fixing it up from bottom up(suspension rear end trans etc) simple but mean looking.this is going be mainly a daily driven with occasional drag passes.i would like to build a 500-600hp beast.is it possible to build a 4v cause lets face it the 4v sound is evil to me.maybe not be a termi but close to so is it possible?is it worth building?even a 2v is it worth building and what would recommend for 2v build and achieving those numbers?i know its cheaper to go and finance a 3v or 5.0 but 1)i do t want to deal with payments 2)i didnt really like the sound of a 3v and 3)the sound i prefer is a 2v or 4v.so now any advice on how I can achieve this so i can start working *** off for this haha.
MustangGuy210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2014, 10:26 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Future plans

2v/4v's are light years ahead of the 3v, sound wise. That's a big reason I got a 2v and didn't just finance a 3v.

Is it worth building? Well that's a matter of opinion. You can make any car really fun if you got deep enough pockets. 4v has a lot more potential, and is the favorite of the new edge era. But if you throw a power adder on a 2v that has full suspension done then it's going to be really fun! It might not be the fastest on the street but then again it will be yours and not the banks.

Idk about 4v, but the 2v will have to be fully built to take 600hp (if it will even make that) along with the trans. I can't remember which components, but on a 2v it can only hold up to like 450 until it needs built. The t56 (I think that's right) has a really good rep for being able to hold on to strong power.

Good luck

Yes I edit my posts a lot, auto correct likes to sabotage me!

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 10:36 AM   #3

Well I know im going to work hard and I'm willing to find any hrs at my work to try and achieve it.and I do plan on doing a power added either a centri or a kb if I can keep findin the hrs.i know its going to take awhile but I know it'll be worth it. I do plan on having a built bottom end that can take it as well.been looking into tf heads but idk which ones are better buy.i want to keep up with 4vs and out run 3vs.and thanks for understanding why I rather go this route.i don't want finance a car.im a hard worker and if working more hrs to archive this goal then i will.but if I can atleast get 500+ then I'm happy.any other advice on where I can find what I need
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2014, 11:30 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Personally I would find an 01 Cobra or a Mach 1 and do an Eaton swap from a Terminator onto either one to get in the mid 400s. The 4V motor is more expensive to build but it's really easy take big power with one once you do build it. A 2V can reach the 500 - 600whp range no problem. I believe we had a member knocking on the 500whp door at like 4k rpms before they discovered the builder ****ed up his motor. Plenty of guys have done it and plenty more will continue to reach that.
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 11:41 AM   #5

Yea that's why I would rather do a 4v build.where would you suggest in finding a mach or cobra engine?i know on ebay ive found 03-04 cobra engines with tranny but idk if that's legit.if not what would suggest I should go about making that power with a 2v?
Old 07-13-2014, 12:25 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Craigslist is another place to look.
If you want to do a 2V engine you can get to the power level you want but you're going to need an excellent set of ported factory heads or Trick Flow heads in addition to the power adder.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 12:44 PM   #7

If I do end up doing a 2v build I'm sure it'll be a lil cheaper to do.i was gonna do trickflow heads but don't know much cause theres different size.if I go that route i want one thats gonna run with or give the 4v a chalk and but run over the 3v guys.but again its also going to be a daily driven car.i just like having that power to scare ppl and ask wth is in your car
Old 07-13-2014, 12:57 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
They have different combustion chamber sizes so that you can make the engine have different compression ratio's. When you start looking into pistons, you'll see the same thing, different sizes to achieve different CR's. You're going to want a, relatively, low compression engine to be able to supercharge to those power levels.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 01:41 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

If you do full suspension and a power adder.. You will walk 90% of 3v's with ease..

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 02:41 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
They have different combustion chamber sizes so that you can make the engine have different compression ratio's. When you start looking into pistons, you'll see the same thing, different sizes to achieve different CR's. You're going to want a, relatively, low compression engine to be able to supercharge to those power levels.
The cr i know it has to be low so when you gets blower your motor don't blow.thats another thing idk about what size that will give me the low compression i need.if I get a small block mmr or anywhere do they come with your needs.what would you recommend
Old 07-13-2014, 02:46 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 stang View Post
If you do full suspension and a power adder.. You will walk 90% of 3v's with ease..

I know for a fact I'm going to do 18x9s and 18x10s with good sticky tires for the street don't know the size though.a whole new suspension and a strong rear end with 373s.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT