Major gas leak - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-14-2014, 01:17 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Major gas leak

I just pulled up at work from lunch and my car dumped gas from the motor al under the front of my car! None near the rear! Wth???? Motor was replaced a few months back and ive been driving it about 3 weeks now! Suggestions!!!! Yal help me out
blackdreams15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2014, 01:35 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Do not start the engine until you fix the leak!!!!!

Start at the fuel rails and follow them back to the fuel line. You can turn the key to the on position, without starting the engine, to get the pump to prime for a second so you can find the leak. Then turn it back to off immediately.
Again, I wouldn't start the engine until you locate the source of the fuel leak and repair it.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 01:41 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks! Il try that and il get back to you shortly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2014, 11:49 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Found the leak it was the hose between my fuel rails!
Old 07-15-2014, 03:18 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Good! That shouldn't be too hard to replace.
You were lucky. I've spent the day replacing vacuum lines and repairing burnt wiring after an occurrence such as this.
I had a small airplane, that I was flying, develope a fuel leak once, while it was a few thousand feet above the Pacific Ocean!

That was an experience!
Old 07-15-2014, 03:22 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I fixed earlier on lunch it was no problem at all!

I can only imagine that plane incident
Old 07-15-2014, 03:58 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I was very lucky.
That's kind of an interesting story...
It was a rental plane that I was using for instrument training and it suddenly started smelling like raw fuel inside of the cabin. That's a bad thing in an airplane because you have nowhere to go. I didn't feel like going swimming and the airport was only a few minutes away so I decided to leave the engine running and just head to the airport. By the time that I was in the landing pattern the leak must have stopped because the fuel smell had diminished significantly. I landed and informed the owners that there was something BAD wrong with the plane and that it was unsafe to fly. They said that they would have the mechanic take a look at it.
Well, I had that same plane reserved for two days later and when I went back I asked the mechanic what he had found. He told me that he couldn't find anything wrong that would have caused the fuel smell that I had described... My Spidey senses were going off and I knew that I hadn't just imagined that fuel smell two days earlier, it was something that I'd never experienced in an airplane before.
I refused to fly the plane and used another aircraft that day.

The very next person to rent that plane flew it to an airport 50 miles away... Landed... And just as he turned off of the runway onto the taxiway... The airplane burst into flames and burned to the ground!
He was, also, very lucky!
Old 07-15-2014, 11:07 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
I was very lucky.
That's kind of an interesting story...
It was a rental plane that I was using for instrument training and it suddenly started smelling like raw fuel inside of the cabin. That's a bad thing in an airplane because you have nowhere to go. I didn't feel like going swimming and the airport was only a few minutes away so I decided to leave the engine running and just head to the airport. By the time that I was in the landing pattern the leak must have stopped because the fuel smell had diminished significantly. I landed and informed the owners that there was something BAD wrong with the plane and that it was unsafe to fly. They said that they would have the mechanic take a look at it.
Well, I had that same plane reserved for two days later and when I went back I asked the mechanic what he had found. He told me that he couldn't find anything wrong that would have caused the fuel smell that I had described... My Spidey senses were going off and I knew that I hadn't just imagined that fuel smell two days earlier, it was something that I'd never experienced in an airplane before.
I refused to fly the plane and used another aircraft that day.

The very next person to rent that plane flew it to an airport 50 miles away... Landed... And just as he turned off of the runway onto the taxiway... The airplane burst into flames and burned to the ground!
He was, also, very lucky!
Yeah, I surely would have cancelled reservations for that particular plane after the first flight, lol. U were almost the next Amelia Earhart!!

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
fomoco4life is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT