Exhaust questions. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-15-2014, 01:44 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Exhaust questions.

Hey guys,

Wanted to let you all to know that all the engine work I've done, the rebuilding of the heads and all crank bearings and piston rings and everything else attributing to that work has given my engine NEW life. i have had it tested and she is putting out about 230 horses at the flywheel. Happy with that for now.

Now for the Exhaust Question:
I am putting on Pacesetter long tube headers with a pacesetter off road cross over pipe and flowmaster super 44's. i do not have the money to get a tune yet so i'm going to put in spark plug non fouler's for now.

Now for the non fouler's which O2 sensor's do i put them on. front or rear?

and for the cross over pipe there are no O2 sensor bungs so i will have to install them. I have a 30 plus year union welder whom i work with is going to do all the welds on the exhaust. about where should i have the O2 bungs placed ?

Sincerely.

Your clueless Mustang GT owner at times.

P.S. this probably has been discussed already but in my defense i'm still relatively new to any type of forums.
michaelsneal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2014, 08:13 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelsneal View Post
Hey guys,

Wanted to let you all to know that all the engine work I've done, the rebuilding of the heads and all crank bearings and piston rings and everything else attributing to that work has given my engine NEW life. i have had it tested and she is putting out about 230 horses at the flywheel. Happy with that for now.

Now for the Exhaust Question:

I am putting on Pacesetter long tube headers with a pacesetter off road cross over pipe and flowmaster super 44's. i do not have the money to get a tune yet so i'm going to put in spark plug non fouler's for now.

Now for the non fouler's which O2 sensor's do i put them on. front or rear?

and for the cross over pipe there are no O2 sensor bungs so i will have to install them. I have a 30 plus year union welder whom i work with is going to do all the welds on the exhaust. about where should i have the O2 bungs placed ?

Sincerely.

Your clueless Mustang GT owner at times.

P.S. this probably has been discussed already but in my defense i'm still relatively new to any type of forums.

Why only 230 hp?

2003 full Bolt on GT
Basshunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 08:19 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
If you're going to put in the nonfoulers plugs, you're going to want to put them in the rear set of cats. Be warned, I hear that if you're drilling out the nonfoulers yourself, they're very hit or miss. I tried to make a pair to use on my car, and all it did was make the car run like crap. If that's the case with yours, i'd try the MIL eliminators americanmuscle sells. I had great luck with those.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
PonyBoyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2014, 09:40 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basshunter View Post
Why only 230 hp?

2003 full Bolt on GT
Because it's a Non PI motor. They were rated at 220bhp from the factory.
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 03:38 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I won't have to drill out the non fouler's , I have a set of 2 that were made specific for O2 sensors that i ordered through Amazon.
Blox Racing BXFL-00108 Check Engine Light Eliminator Adapter
by Blox Racing
6 customer reviews | 10 answered questions
Increases the distance between the O2 sensor and exhaust system
Designed for street and track
Quality products that are durable and reliable
M18 x 1.5 thread pitch, length: 46 millimeter

what i will need to do is drill the holes on the cross over pipes and weld in the bungs.

Will have to say she's not as fast and as powerful as a new edge but she now puts me in my seat harder then he ever has.

I am posting more pics in my garage now. take a look and tell me what you think.
Old 07-16-2014, 08:52 PM   #6
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Why not just use the MIL eliminators that everyone and their mom runs with success?
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 09:34 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

already have them on order. but I still have to drill and weld the o2 sensor bungs on the cross over pipe. it does not have them. so i measured the distance on the stock h-pipe compaired to the location of the o2 bung holes on the long tube headers and found the location i need to have them welded in place. I also did my research and found that ( and your right ) the MIL eliminators have a much more success rate then the non fouler's.

Like i said "clueless Mustang GT owner at times "

thanks for the plum slap . LOL

now to do research on long tube header install on a 98 gt.
Old 07-17-2014, 09:38 AM   #8
Staff
Regular
Staff

Ah ok, so you don't have rear O2 bungs is what I'm getting from this. That is weird, every pipe I've ever seen has them.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 07-17-2014, 10:59 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

PaceSetter 82-1146 Off Road Cross-Over Pipe

this one for some reason did not have them. but no big deal , like i said i have a 30 plus year welder at work who is doing all the welding for me.

when it's all done I plan on taking a video of the finished results with sound. hope everybody has a good sound card on there computers. cause it's going to be LOUD and throaty.
Old 07-17-2014, 11:43 AM   #10
Staff
Regular
Staff

Nice, just be aware that pacesetters rust out if you look at them the wrong way. The coating on them is only for shipping purposes, it is not meant to protect the metal in any way once on the car and it will flake/burn off in pretty short order.

Old 07-17-2014, 02:41 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah I know, after i drill and have the o2 bungs installed i plan on rust proofing the entire exhaust system inside and out. There is a paint and rust fogger system at work that i can use to internally rust proof the system and it won't cost me anything. and question should i rap each header tube with the fiber glass rap or not ?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Tags
exhaust