HIDs in Projectors? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-27-2014, 09:03 PM   #1
Registered Member
Region: Nevada
HIDs in Projectors?

I have a set of HIDs that I used on the stock light, and now since I got my halo projectors from AM and the bulbs on them suck. Can any body tell me how to install them into my projectors?

to_oaxaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 06:08 AM   #2
Registered Member
Region: Missouri
Just go on AM and get some H1s and H7s for the highs and lows. Will make your lights much brighter.

04 GT

04 GT
SquatchMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 06:37 AM   #3
Region: New Jersey
Originally Posted by SquatchMan View Post
Just go on AM and get some H1s and H7s for the highs and lows. Will make your lights much brighter.

04 GT
Lol, no it doesn't it just makes them whiter, not brighter. It might look brighter but those bulbs use a blue film to produce a white light, this reduces overall output. Most of the aftermarket bulbs, including silvstars, are snake oil. A good OEM Philips bulb is going to be brighter than anything on the AM site, ppl just think that because its yellow its dim. The human eye actually sees best through yellow light, this is why OEM HIDs are 4300k and many new auto manufacturers are putting yellow halogens in the fogs vs any sort of HID.

To answer the OP's question, whatever size bulb the projectors take, that is the HID bulb you want, they should plug into your existing ballasts. Also, shame on you for EVER running HIDs in stock reflector housings but kudos to finally doing something that will keep you from blinding incoming traffic. You will want a 4300k-5000k bulb btw. Anything over that will reduce visibility as the lumens start to fall off drastically after 5k and the human eye does not work well in blue light which is why all the "hyper blue" and whatever rice 8k+ HD bulbs are also snake oil and dangerous.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda build #48. Bolt ons, suspension, Novi 2000.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT