Buying parts from rock auto - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-07-2014, 09:18 PM   #1

Region: Louisiana
Buying parts from rock auto

Looking for opinions I have been looking at new parts for my stang and the best prices have came from rock auto what do y'all think about them I have never bought from online when it came to auto parts so I'm curious to y'all thought in them

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Jpalm35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2014, 09:25 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Rock auto is a really good source for auto parts if you have time to wait for them to arrive. They always have "rock" bottom prices and have really good name brand items. I personally have ordered a lot from them for multiple cars and have had great service from them. As long as you get the right part and a decent manufacture of the part your in good hands.

Oxford White Roush Stage 1 SN# 6925--SOLD but never forgotten!
Kona Blue GT premium - Slammed on BC's and BMR's full rear suspension
The_Chech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 09:31 PM   #3

Sounds good yeah I can wait on parts it's not my daily driver well I guess I'll be ordering all my front end parts

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2014, 09:34 PM   #4
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
I've ordered a metric assload of parts from them. Always have the best prices, always ship quick, website is intuitive (no matter what some ppl who expect flashy omfg "modern" sites say) and very often they'll have actual pics of the exact part you are getting. Another cool thing is once you put something in your cart you'll get icons that pop up on other parts that will ship from the same warehouse so you can try to bundle parts together from the same place to save on shipping as they have multiple distribution locations.

You would be amazed at how much $$$ you save buying from them especially on stuff like brakes and routine maintenance items. I use Rockauto so much that the only things I ever buy from the local box stores are fluids and stuff like that. Many times they are even better to get Mustang stuff from that sites like AM or LRS. Good example is plug wires for a 96-98 car like mine. $75 for FRPP wires or even more for some crazy MSD or whatever ones. $50 for legit OEM Motorcraft black ones from Rockauto.

#winning.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 10:12 PM   #5

I here ya man I about to order a ton of stuff from them for the stang and get her back right again

Old 08-07-2014, 11:51 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Rockauto is AWESOME!
Here is a 5% discount code for you guys to use: 2422569122511173
Enter the code in the "How did you hear about us?" Line of the shopping cart and click the "Apply" button.

The only warning that I have about buying from them is to be certain that YOU are ordering the correct parts. If you have to send stuff back, it not only wastes time but most of the savings in buying parts from them can quickly be lost in the shipping costs... Particularly on the larger, heavy items.
I found that getting parts for my Mustang was very straight forward. My truck, on the other hand, was sort of a pain because there are a LOT of different configurations within the Model years and Ford has always been famous for finding a pallet full of truck parts from a previous model year, stacked in the middle of the new parts, and saying "Hey, let's use these up on the current model year!"
No fault of Rockauto.
I continue to buy from them.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT