Mechanic - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-17-2014, 08:05 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
How's the stang doing
Geok.91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2014, 08:06 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geok.91 View Post
How's the stang doing

Still over at his house I went over there and he is still not home he isn't returning my calls either I would take it except the exhaust is off and the seats are out and his garage is shut.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
jonathanadams22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 08:07 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathanadams22 View Post
Still over at his house I went over there and he is still not home he isn't returning my calls either I would take it except the exhaust is off and the seats are out and his garage is shut.

I would call the cops

Advertisement

Old 08-17-2014, 08:08 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
I would call the cops

That's what I'm going to do if by tomorrow he still isn't home and not returning my calls. Really starting to get pissed off. I haven't had her in a month and she's begging to be driven lol.

Old 08-17-2014, 08:13 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
The cops won't do anything. This is a civil matter.
Just wait until he's there and go have a talk with him.

You're probably going to have to take this as one of those "Life lessons" Jonathan...
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 08:15 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
The cops won't do anything. This is a civil matter.

Just wait until he's there and go have a talk with him.

You're probably going to have to take this as one of those "Life lessons" Jonathan...

Yep I won't ever bring my car to a backyard mechanic again. They take their sweet time and you can't trust them.

Old 08-23-2014, 12:20 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Mechanic

So I just got into a pissing match with the mechanic he told me it would be done Sunday evening and now he says next week there is no way I can even take the car from him because the seats and carpet and exhaust are not in the car. He is getting an attitude with me and is saying how the NX kit is a piece of s*** and that's why it is taking him so long he wants his cash and wants an outrageous amount for what he's done. It been gone 5 weeks now and I was expecting to get it back tomorrow. I'm going to end up having to beat the crap out of him because he won't give me the keys and put it back together if I don't pay him the $650 and then I have to take it to an actual shop to get it finished.
Old 08-23-2014, 12:41 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
He's illegally holding your car from you I would call the police and then settle the dispute in civil court. You will win.

Old 08-23-2014, 12:43 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
He's illegally holding your car from you I would call the police and then settle the dispute in civil court. You will win.

That's what I am going to have to do I mean what person would think it's ok to hold a guys car for 5 weeks for an install that shouldn't take more than a week. I will call the police Monday because I am going to his house and getting my car it's crazy.

---------- Post added at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathanadams22 View Post
That's what I am going to have to do I mean what person would think it's ok to hold a guys car for 5 weeks for an install that shouldn't take more than a week. And then ask for $650 I will call the police Monday because I am going to his house and getting my car it's crazy.

Old 08-23-2014, 02:47 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
First of all after reading this thread I am amazed that you have not gone over and retrieved this car yet.

Here is what you need to do since this issue is gettting ugly with the mechanic. Call the local police dept, ask them to send over a sheriff or officer to the guys house as there is conflict with work needed to be done and not being done and the time it has taken so far. They will do that to avoid a fight or worse, a shooting. Secondly, call a tow truck and have them meet you there also, and while the cop is there request all your interior parts and exhaust and whatever is off the car and put it on the tow truck. Take it home or to a garage. Now if he has done any work at all, then pay him what he has done like the TOB. But paying for any other repairs is out of the question. Especially since he has broken items that were operational prior to the guy accepting the car. Just make sure that when you have the cop and tow truck there with you, get all your stuff at that time and don't go back.

Now you can chalk this up as a learning lesson or you can keep having this guy give you the run around. Personally I would take this as a learning lesson and move on.

Another thing, if he is insisting on doing the rest of the upgrades, it is not in your best interest to allow him to do anymore to your car. If he is pissed and you are both talking smack back and forth, the repairs or work he intends to do will most likely be half assed, and you will most likely find this out after you take possession of said car after he states he did what you wanted and you have already paid him. So it is in my opinion not to allow a pissed off so called mechanic do anything else to your car. It will bite you in the *** in the long run, or short run.

Remember it is your car, not his, so go get it with the company of the police and tow truck. It is the smartest thing you could do at this point.

2015 Race Red Performance Package GT 5.0 (435hp) stock
Still in the making Updates coming soon!
99_GRUMPY_GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 02:52 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99_GRUMPY_GT View Post
First of all after reading this thread I am amazed that you have not gone over and retrieved this car yet.

Here is what you need to do since this issue is gettting ugly with the mechanic. Call the local police dept, ask them to send over a sheriff or officer to the guys house as there is conflict with work needed to be done and not being done and the time it has taken so far. They will do that to avoid a fight or worse, a shooting. Secondly, call a tow truck and have them meet you there also, and while the cop is there request all your interior parts and exhaust and whatever is off the car and put it on the tow truck. Take it home or to a garage. Now if he has done any work at all, then pay him what he has done like the TOB. But paying for any other repairs is out of the question. Especially since he has broken items that were operational prior to the guy accepting the car. Just make sure that when you have the cop and tow truck there with you, get all your stuff at that time and don't go back.

Now you can chalk this up as a learning lesson or you can keep having this guy give you the run around. Personally I would take this as a learning lesson and move on.

Another thing, if he is insisting on doing the rest of the upgrades, it is not in your best interest to allow him to do anymore to your car. If he is pissed and you are both talking smack back and forth, the repairs or work he intends to do will most likely be half assed, and you will most likely find this out after you take possession of said car after he states he did what you wanted and you have already paid him. So it is in my opinion not to allow a pissed off so called mechanic do anything else to your car. It will bite you in the *** in the long run, or short run.

Remember it is your car, not his, so go get it with the company of the police and tow truck. It is the smartest thing you could do at this point.

Thanks man I'm going by there tomorrow already called a tow truck company and they said they would be able to meet me tomorrow. He doesn't know I'm coming but I am definitely bringing the police and I am not paying him anything more because I already paid him for the TOB and I am not giving him anymore work. I don't know why he's given me the run around like this after I have given him thousands of dollars worth of work with my other vehicles and work vehicles. Thanks for the help man it was definitely needed lol!!

Old 08-23-2014, 03:00 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Cool, but do yourself a favor, when you get there, just be professional and show that you are a better man than him. The so called mechanic will be the one shocked to see a officer knocking on the door, and will must likly crumble at the knees to get you everything you are entitled. But make sure all of your stuff is in your possession. Check and recheck your vehicle, under, over, in and out, make sure everything down to the last hose clamp is there and retrieved.

One more thing, take a camera, or your cell phone to take pictures of everything. It may be needed in the long run if this ever goes to small claims court. Do not be surprised if he tries that on you to retreive what he thinks he is entitled to. But you will have picture proof of what was undone and not done. And write yourself a ledger of the events from day one to current day of the conversations and the answers he gave you and the parts he broke and you have to buy the part for him to fix. That in itself is gold. And all the times he promised you when it would be done and never was.

Old 08-23-2014, 03:01 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Cool, but do yourself a favor, when you get there, just be professional and show that you are a better man than him. The so called mechanic will be the one shocked to see a officer knocking on the door, and will must likly crumble at the knees to get you everything you are entitled. But make sure all of your stuff is in your possession. Check adn recheck your vehicle, under, over, in and out, make sure everything down to the last hose clamp is there and retrieved.

Yea I'm a pretty nice guy and feel bad that it's come to this but what has to be done has to be done.

Old 08-23-2014, 03:06 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

I added more to that conversation, I am always a late thinker after I post something. I remember that I forgot something that was important. It is called getting old.

Old 08-23-2014, 03:08 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I added more to that conversation, I am always a late thinker after I post something. I remember that I forgot something that was important. It is called getting old.

Lol we all go through that at times especially after a long day!!

Old 08-24-2014, 12:33 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Thats some great advice grumpy!

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Follow on Instagram @steviesstangs
15% off waxgods.com use code: manic15
10% off toplabel.com use code: Manic10
Steve96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 09:04 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

So I am finally getting it back tomorrow. I went over there and he and I made nice. He wants my business so he put off everything else he had to finish mine. He made great progress in one day went from 50% to 90% done in a couple of hours. I didn't feel like paying him then also taking it to a shop to have it finished and waiting a couple more weeks until they could get to it. His works looks really nice and clean and no problems with anything else. It's all up and running and I can't wait to test it out and play around with it.

Old 08-26-2014, 09:10 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Awesome!
I'm glad that you worked it out with him.

Let us know how the new nitrous system works when you get a chance to try it.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 09:11 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
Awesome!

I'm glad that you worked it out with him.

Let us know how the new nitrous system works when you get a chance to try it.

Will do thanks for your help guys!!!!!

Old 08-26-2014, 09:21 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Glad to hear all worked out. Just do yourself a favor before you accept delivery of your car. Look over everything, under, over, inside and out, and make sure all is good and the way it was before you gave him the keys before you hand over the cash. Nothing should be left for you to do that involved his work he agreed to do for you.

But like I said before, good to hear he and you are seeing eye to eye.

Old 08-26-2014, 09:33 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Glad to hear all worked out. Just do yourself a favor before you accept delivery of your car. Look over everything, under, over, inside and out, and make sure all is good and the way it was before you gave him the keys before you hand over the cash. Nothing should be left for you to do that involved his work he agreed to do for you.

But like I said before, good to hear he and you are seeing eye to eye.

Yea I sure will. He felt so bad he even gave me a free interior detail lol.

Old 10-02-2014, 08:36 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
So how does the car run now bud

Geok.91 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT