2001 Bullitt Build Thread - Page 42 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-25-2016, 11:30 PM   #1436
ME Bloodhound
Supporter
Staff

Region: California
I've got AAA so towing isn't an issue.

I actually did see your for sale add on CL a few weeks ago lol. Probably will have it towed to the shop next week since I have work every day this week during the times they are open and get off after they close. Also going to SoCal this weekend. Maybe Monday if I get back early enough. Should take like 15 minutes to fix if it's just an outside part of the car. Just gotta get it over there first.

Most of my spare time I try to learn the housing market. I want to try to get into real estate after college by potentially buying a home and renting it out. Just looking for optimal locations and looking back at the past housing market prices and the fluctuations. I'm sure prices will go down in the next year or two when the stock market is expected to drop again.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2016, 02:03 AM   #1437
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah lol I was buttering it up I didn't really want to sell it just see if anyone would bite. But I know what you mean I've been so busy with school too I haven't had time to even wash my car. And I might be moving to Vancouver for school. So we'll see how everything plays out
Tyoung68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 09:37 AM   #1438
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
I've got AAA so towing isn't an issue.

I actually did see your for sale add on CL a few weeks ago lol. Probably will have it towed to the shop next week since I have work every day this week during the times they are open and get off after they close. Also going to SoCal this weekend. Maybe Monday if I get back early enough. Should take like 15 minutes to fix if it's just an outside part of the car. Just gotta get it over there first.

Most of my spare time I try to learn the housing market. I want to try to get into real estate after college by potentially buying a home and renting it out. Just looking for optimal locations and looking back at the past housing market prices and the fluctuations. I'm sure prices will go down in the next year or two when the stock market is expected to drop again.

I've herd about that, Im waiting for it to happen to buy a pad. The person that does my taxes told me it was going to drop in 1 or 2 years.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2kgt1025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2016, 09:57 AM   #1439
ME Bloodhound
Supporter
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kgt1025 View Post
I've herd about that, Im waiting for it to happen to buy a pad. The person that does my taxes told me it was going to drop in 1 or 2 years.

The market follows cycles. Usually around 8-10 years. If you look back at the last 50 years of the stock market you can see a trend. So I've been adjusting for it. The last bubble was caused by the housing market with mortgaged back securities. The rumor going around for this time is student loan bubble.... But also there is the factor of all the crap happening in China and Europe. Economies going in the toilet, so ours will see a drop when that happens.

HID end all thread
Old 05-26-2016, 10:05 AM   #1440
Registered Member
Regular

It also seems with elections going on major businesses and companies are holding out. I work at a machine shop with a walter 5 axis cnc grinding thread mills. I can see manufacturing is taking a big hit and people don't want to spend when they don't know what's going to happen in the near future.

2kgt1025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 10:25 AM   #1441
ME Bloodhound
Supporter
Staff

Well she is back and running. I have a big clanking and rattling under the car. It's coming from mid to back end, I think it may be the Torque Arm, but I can't tell why or how. Im considering IRS at this point. But for now I'm happy she is back on the road. Feels like a rocket compared to the Marshmallow.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1469550246.692899.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	203753

HID end all thread
Old 07-26-2016, 12:55 PM   #1442
Registered Member
Regular

Did they figure out what caused the problem with the clutch fork?
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 01:53 PM   #1443
ME Bloodhound
Supporter
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
Did they figure out what caused the problem with the clutch fork?
It BENT. We both were thinking dafuq... It was still attached to the pivot stud, but there was no tension in the cable because of how it bent.

HID end all thread
Old 09-05-2016, 04:24 PM   #1444
ME Bloodhound
Supporter
Staff

Well its been 4-5 weeks since i've driven the Mustang. Just didn't really feel like it over the last couple weeks of summer with the cover on it. Kind of losing the motivation to drive it with all the issues going on. it drives, but there are just so many things bugging me, i don't even enjoy it anymore. I just don't know what is possibly wrong with it, and have zero money to fix it, and no time at all to check myself since i'm working 40 hours a week right now during school.

I don't know. Its crossed my mind to sell it, but then i keep thinking i'll regret it in the future.... But i also think of how it would make affording a newer one much easier in a few years.

Been seeing a lot more well done S550s lately. And saw one yesterday, White with the Dark Saddle interior and my heart just dropped. It was purely amazing. They keep pulling me in........

I know its kind of a sob story, but its just been a while since i've been on here also. Kind of just getting my thoughts out.

HID end all thread
Old 09-05-2016, 04:24 PM   #1445
ME Bloodhound
Supporter
Staff

Well its been 4-5 weeks since i've driven the Mustang. Just didn't really feel like it over the last couple weeks of summer with the cover on it. Kind of losing the motivation to drive it with all the issues going on. it drives, but there are just so many things bugging me, i don't even enjoy it anymore. I just don't know what is possibly wrong with it, and have zero money to fix it, and no time at all to check myself since i'm working 40 hours a week right now during school.

I don't know. Its crossed my mind to sell it, but then i keep thinking i'll regret it in the future.... But i also think of how it would make affording a newer one much easier in a few years.

Been seeing a lot more well done S550s lately. And saw one yesterday, White with the Dark Saddle interior and my heart just dropped. It was purely amazing. They keep pulling me in........

I know its kind of a sob story, but its just been a while since i've been on here also. Kind of just getting my thoughts out.

HID end all thread
Old 09-05-2016, 04:48 PM   #1446
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:

Definitely put a lot of thought into it before selling it, I regret selling mine every time I see it pop up. The nice thing is that you've got a DD so the car can sit for however long you need it to. Being realistic how soon would an S550 happen and do you think you would be happier with it?
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 06:03 PM   #1447
ME Bloodhound
Supporter
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile high JDF View Post
Definitely put a lot of thought into it before selling it, I regret selling mine every time I see it pop up. The nice thing is that you've got a DD so the car can sit for however long you need it to. Being realistic how soon would an S550 happen and do you think you would be happier with it?
Yeah those questions you just asked are the ones that keep popping up. I wouldn't buy another Mustang (especially a newer one) until i have a garage, preferable a house... Which i am aiming for by the time i'm 25, which is 4 years from now. So i do have plenty of time to sit on it. Its just the equity in it would be nice for putting a sizable down payment on something.

I started building the Bullitt for road course use. But lately i've been spending a lot more time just wanting to enjoy driving it on the street. To meets, cruises, etc.... Its difficult to drive a car with no AC, full harness set up, and very stiff suspension, to a lot of things like that..... Also, with all the money i've dumped in making it "handle" well, it still will get walked by a stock S550.

But like mentioned, i have tons of time. Just whats been on my mind lately lol.

Now maybe if i land an amazing job after college i can afford one without selling.

HID end all thread
Old 09-05-2016, 06:12 PM   #1448
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah those questions you just asked are the ones that keep popping up. I wouldn't buy another Mustang (especially a newer one) until i have a garage, preferable a house... Which i am aiming for by the time i'm 25, which is 4 years from now. So i do have plenty of time to sit on it. Its just the equity in it would be nice for putting a sizable down payment on something.
That is definitely plenty of time to mull over your decision. You can always start saving now and see where that puts you as far as a down payment before selling the car.

Quote:
I started building the Bullitt for road course use. But lately i've been spending a lot more time just wanting to enjoy driving it on the street. To meets, cruises, etc.... Its difficult to drive a car with no AC, full harness set up, and very stiff suspension, to a lot of things like that..... Also, with all the money i've dumped in making it "handle" well, it still will get walked by a stock S550.
That's much the same reasoning why I haven't gone all out on my car yet, 99.9% of my driving will be cruising around in this car. If I get the itch to go racing then I plan on buying a notch to thrash around.

Quote:
But like mentioned, i have tons of time. Just whats been on my mind lately lol.

Now maybe if i land an amazing job after college i can afford one without selling.
You never know, employers might be lining up waiting for you to graduate, just gotta keep an eye out now.
Old 09-05-2016, 06:12 PM   #1449
ME Bloodhound
Supporter
Staff

This is pretty much exactly what i would do also. Except substitute the tinted lights for the white Euro ones. Those ones are sick.

And i've got plenty of money invested, so i wouldn't need to "save" really, any extra money i have gets invested. It would just be if i want to pull money out of that (which i usually don't want to do). Thats why i like the idea of having equity in a car, that you can sell and use directly onto something else.

But then i also have a down payment on a house to worry about. But my first house i would like to rent out for monthly income.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-09-05 at 5.09.48 PM.png
Views:	67
Size:	1.40 MB
ID:	204834   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-09-05 at 5.09.22 PM.png
Views:	59
Size:	1.25 MB
ID:	204835  

HID end all thread
Old 09-05-2016, 06:42 PM   #1450
Registered Member
Regular

That looks pretty badass. I don't think I could ever buy an S550 unless it was a GT350, something about them just doesn't groove for me.
Old 09-05-2016, 07:00 PM   #1451
ME Bloodhound
Supporter
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile high JDF View Post
That looks pretty badass. I don't think I could ever buy an S550 unless it was a GT350, something about them just doesn't groove for me.
They really really grew on me. Plus if i was going to get a newer car in general it would need a warranty. I know that leaves out a lot of mods. But i'm getting to that point of needing assurance lol.

And with white, i'd love to do a Star Wars Stormtrooper theme.

HID end all thread
Old 09-05-2016, 07:17 PM   #1452
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
They really really grew on me. Plus if i was going to get a newer car in general it would need a warranty. I know that leaves out a lot of mods. But i'm getting to that point of needing assurance lol.

And with white, i'd love to do a Star Wars Stormtrooper theme.
I can respect that, the only newer cars I want are a Viper and a C6Z and I really don't care if they have a warranty or not. The storm trooper look is pretty sweet
Old 09-05-2016, 07:26 PM   #1453
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: South Carolina
Hold onto it. You will kick yourself time and time again if you sell it. Your young, patients is a virtue. Personally I'd keep it as a track car, as you already have a DD. Besides, finish school and get everything else situated and then buy a new one. Then you'll have two Mustangs you love and be in a much better situation financially. I wish I had made some smarter choices when I was a young soldier. Yeah I've got my house and everything worked out now, but I had many years of struggling due to being impatient. You seem like you've got a good head on you. Hell, maybe get some ac going in it so it's more comfortable to drive around. You've got many years ahead of you. In due time you'll be looking back and be glad that you did things the smart way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 09-05-2016, 07:51 PM   #1454
ME Bloodhound
Supporter
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project Pony View Post
Hold onto it. You will kick yourself time and time again if you sell it. Your young, patients is a virtue. Personally I'd keep it as a track car, as you already have a DD. Besides, finish school and get everything else situated and then buy a new one. Then you'll have two Mustangs you love and be in a much better situation financially. I wish I had made some smarter choices when I was a young soldier. Yeah I've got my house and everything worked out now, but I had many years of struggling due to being impatient. You seem like you've got a good head on you. Hell, maybe get some ac going in it so it's more comfortable to drive around. You've got many years ahead of you. In due time you'll be looking back and be glad that you did things the smart way.

What bugs me the most is the ungodly rattle under the car. Feels like the suspension is falling apart.

HID end all thread
Old 09-07-2016, 10:17 AM   #1455
Lorraine's driver

Regular
Supporter

Region: Indiana
Your so young and have yet to complete school. I really think it is a good idea to evaluate whether you want to keep it. You can sell your mods and regain some cash for your future house or next project etc. You manage your money well, so there's no reason to believe that you couldn't startup another project when you have some more stability as far as what your career will be. I think this would be true, even if you get married and start having kids. You'll be super busy then and it will sit some more. selling her off at this point in your life is nothing like giving up or anything like that. It's more like making room for your career and life after school. There's definitely nothing wrong with thinking about it as you are.
Old 09-07-2016, 04:07 PM   #1456
ME Bloodhound
Supporter
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab_mach1 View Post
Your so young and have yet to complete school. I really think it is a good idea to evaluate whether you want to keep it. You can sell your mods and regain some cash for your future house or next project etc. You manage your money well, so there's no reason to believe that you couldn't startup another project when you have some more stability as far as what your career will be. I think this would be true, even if you get married and start having kids. You'll be super busy then and it will sit some more. selling her off at this point in your life is nothing like giving up or anything like that. It's more like making room for your career and life after school. There's definitely nothing wrong with thinking about it as you are.
Yeah i've been thinking of selling some extra parts. A lot of extra expenses this year. I might sell those wheels i bought from AM for super cheap. Bought the 4 18x10 AMRs for $188, could probably get $500 for them. Maybe the seats and suspension. Returning it back to stock might make me enjoy it more lol. Especially since if i build this car, it is going to be completely rehauled in the future with other parts.

But definitely first and foremost i want a house, so i will see where i'm at with that and the needed down payment. Also where i end up location wise.

HID end all thread
Old 09-07-2016, 07:43 PM   #1457
Registered Member
Regular

Consider a duplex as your first real estate purchase. You could rent out one unit and live in the other. Typically, the rental unit will pay for most, if not all, of the mortgage payment.
Live there for a few years, and save up another down payment, then buy another income property, and so on...
Old 09-07-2016, 10:18 PM   #1458
ME Bloodhound
Supporter
Staff

Quote:
Consider a duplex as your first real estate purchase. You could rent out one unit and live in the other. Typically, the rental unit will pay for most, if not all, of the mortgage payment.
Live there for a few years, and save up another down payment, then buy another income property, and so on...
Yeah thats what i was thinking.

I would compare the costs of:
Duplex and living in one side
Normal house and living in an apartment
Normal house and having a roommate to supplement the mortgage.

No matter what, i ran a bunch of numbers just on mortgages, i will only ever do a 15 year mortgage. You end up paying like 20-30% more on a 15 year mortgage, and over double on a 30 year mortgage in the term of the full loan.

Location matters also. No way in hell i would be able to do this in Cali with home prices the way they are.

HID end all thread
Old 09-08-2016, 12:51 AM   #1459
Registered Member
Regular

A 30 year mortgage is going to be more expensive over the life of the loan, but it will probably be easier for you to qualify for. And you can still pay it off earlier by making a larger payment every month. It can be beneficial to have a lower required monthly payment in the event that you ever have a temporary cash flow problem. The mortgage companies get all pissy when they don't get their money! Lol. And things can come up... Trust me!

There are still affordable properties in CA. The trick will be finding one that is nearby wherever you end up getting a job after graduation.
Old 09-08-2016, 07:27 AM   #1460
Lorraine's driver

Regular
Supporter

^Yup! Always get a 30 year loan. What you do is pay it like its a 15 or 20 year loan. That way, if times get bad, you will have an option to pay less during hard times. Believe me, you must always plan for hard times. As expensive as health insurance is these days, you'll most likely have a very high deductible if/when something comes up. Besides, who would have ever guessed we would have gone through our modern day depression era from all the financial fallout in 2008. You just never know and it would be best to have that buffer.
Old 09-08-2016, 12:00 PM   #1461
ME Bloodhound
Supporter
Staff

The plan would be buying well under what i can actually afford. So that even with a larger payment it will still be very manageable. That way the 15 turns into even less with paying over. So the actual cost of the property will definitely be a lot cheaper. But of course all this depends on my financial situation after college and what type of job i have. I'd love to also put down more than the standard 20%.

As for 2008 recession.... I would actually love something like that to happen again, which might in the next few years. That will be optimal timing as well. That makes everything super cheap, like stocks and homes. The market is at a peak right now, so i have no doubt something like that will happen. Most likely soon after the election is over.

HID end all thread
Old 11-13-2016, 08:52 PM   #1462
ME Bloodhound
Supporter
Staff

New pics

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1479095501.132821.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	207433

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1479095511.768870.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	207441

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1479095521.335040.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	207449

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1479095533.907427.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	207457

HID end all thread
Old 11-14-2016, 09:42 AM   #1463
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: South Carolina
On yeah, that's looking good bud. I'm jealous, and that diffuser!

Old 11-14-2016, 07:17 PM   #1464
Lorraine's driver

Regular
Supporter

Nice shots Andrew!
Old 11-14-2016, 08:51 PM   #1465
ME Bloodhound
Supporter
Staff

Thanks!

With work and school i've been getting pretty burnt out, why i haven't been posting much lately. I drive the Mustang about once a month now since i don't really have the time or energy to pull the cover off, drive it, clean it, cover it again.

HID end all thread
Old 11-14-2016, 10:14 PM   #1466
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Welcome back buddy!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 12:29 PM   #1467
ME Bloodhound
Supporter
Staff

On a side note. I probably won't be on at all in January. Going to Ireland. Then it's the final stretch of college, then I'm done.

HID end all thread
Old 11-15-2016, 07:56 PM   #1468
Registered Member
Regular

That will be a nice trip!

I'm pretty sure that they have the internet in Ireland now... So send us a picture if you see any leprechauns or anything like that.
Also, if you have any problems with interpreting the language, don't hesitate to ask for help... I speak Irish fluently.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 11-15-2016, 10:23 PM   #1469
ME Bloodhound
Supporter
Staff

Quote:
That will be a nice trip!

I'm pretty sure that they have the internet in Ireland now... So send us a picture if you see any leprechauns or anything like that.
Also, if you have any problems with interpreting the language, don't hesitate to ask for help... I speak Irish fluently.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
I'll definitely have internet when on the bus (its study abroad for our "Jan Term" class), so we will be traveling a lot and be pretty busy. I'll have the means to be on here, but i'm sure it won't be on my mind most of the month.

Most likely bringing my GoPro and going to try out some vlogging, or just videoing a lot of it.

I know for a FACT i will be spending a lot of time in pubs. I believe we will be going to the Guiness factory as well.

HID end all thread
Old 11-18-2016, 01:27 PM   #1470
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
On a side note. I probably won't be on at all in January. Going to Ireland. Then it's the final stretch of college, then I'm done.

This is way cool, I hope to go there one day, as that is where my ancestors came from. People tell me when you trace your ancestry back that far you don't have to pay for hotels or food once you find them LOL

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
fomoco4life is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT