Got some things done finally!! - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-06-2014, 10:36 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Hey man is that a REAL Cobra???

When he grows up one day. I just dig the snake more than I do the running horse.

2015 Race Red Performance Package GT 5.0 (435hp) stock
Still in the making Updates coming soon!
99_GRUMPY_GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2014, 05:33 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I like what your doing with this build and glad you saved that Mustang fromega those ghey wheels so I'm subscribed.
Old 09-08-2014, 04:41 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknbronco View Post
I like what your doing with this build and glad you saved that Mustang fromega those ghey wheels so I'm subscribed.
Thanks, and yes the wheels had to go!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2014, 04:43 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Well I got my windshield nickname banner in.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20140908_153456.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	998.7 KB
ID:	165547

Name:	20140908_153516.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	165548

Old 09-08-2014, 04:45 PM   #40
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
That integra like spoiler is leaving soon right?? Someone sure did rice that out before you got your hands on it!

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws, Jlt Series 3, Bama 91r tune
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 05:09 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99_GR UMPY_GT View Post
I even got the side cobra emblems on along with the svt in back with an additional cobra in back for good measure. I disgarded those ugly *** 35th Anniversary badges. I think it turned out pretty good. I am just waiting for the windshield graphics to come in that will say GRUMPY in yellow letters.
Attachment 165330

Attachment 165331

Attachment 165332

Attachment 165333

Attachment 165334

Looking really good man.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
jonathanadams22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 05:11 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
That integra like spoiler is leaving soon right?? Someone sure did rice that out before you got your hands on it!

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws, Jlt Series 3, Bama 91r tune
What integra spoiler? That rear spoiler is OEM! But it is leaving soon for a 03-04 Cobra spoiler though.

Old 09-08-2014, 05:12 PM   #43
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99_GRUMPY_GT View Post
What integra spoiler? That rear spoiler is OEM! But it is leaving soon for a 03-04 Cobra spoiler though.
....oh lord... never knew how awful the own spoiler was. I honestly thought someone paint matched the spoiler. Do you like it?

Old 09-08-2014, 05:17 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
....oh lord... never knew how awful the own spoiler was. I honestly thought someone paint matched the spoiler. Do you like it?

No I do not care for it. That is why I am going to put a 03-04 Cobra spoiler on it.

Name:	SPOiler.jpg
Views:	675
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	165551

Old 09-08-2014, 05:19 PM   #45
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
No I do not care for it. That is why I am going to put a 03-04 Cobra spoiler on it.

Attachment 165551
Yeah that would be much better. I hate my oem spoiler on my 05 and am still trying to future out what to get on it

Old 09-08-2014, 05:27 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah that would be much better. I hate my oem spoiler on my 05 and am still trying to future out what to get on it

I just sold my 06 vista blue GT, when I first bought it in 07, I quickly went online to cervini's and purchased the C-Series quarter window scoops, rear 3 pc spoiler, lower rear fender scoops, and hood. Got them color matched locally and installed them. I used to get asked all the time where I got those parts from. And the rear 3 pice spoiler was a subject that everyone wanted to know about. So many people always would say the same thing, that spoiler sure brings back memories of my younger days with the late 60's stang. And it does in retrospect look retro. I loved that car, and hated myself for selling it. But to bring the car here just added about 6k to my already hugh cargo bill shipping all my goods to PR from Florida in June.

Old 09-08-2014, 07:58 PM   #47
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
That actually looks like a 99 Cobra spoiler. Popular mod is to move it back a few inches and looks better than the GT spoiler IMO. Honestly if it was me I'd find a V6 wingless decklid and go full wingless.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 08:47 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
That actually looks like a 99 Cobra spoiler. Popular mod is to move it back a few inches and looks better than the GT spoiler IMO. Honestly if it was me I'd find a V6 wingless decklid and go full wingless.
I was thinking of going wingless a few times. But I do like the suttle spoiler that the 03-04 Cobra's came with. The wing on mine came with the GT's and the Cobra's.

Old 09-09-2014, 01:56 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
LMR sells the cobra rear spoiler with out the third brake light, should check them out.
TurboCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 02:25 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboCobra View Post
LMR sells the cobra rear spoiler with out the third brake light, should check them out.
I actually have it in my online build sheet with AM. But I will take a look at theirs for sure. Thanks

Old 09-09-2014, 02:30 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
I like it without the third break light. That or no spoiler
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	nothird1.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	165601   Click image for larger version

Name:	nothird.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	156.2 KB
ID:	165602  

TurboCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 02:24 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Looks great!
Sahelmadani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 09:52 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahelmadani View Post
Looks great!
Thanks.

Tomorrow I am going to shine it all up as I have the annual Mustang run here on the island on Sunday. My neighbor (has a 89 Foxbody) and I are leaving at 8am to meet up on th efirst leg of the run in a town called Salinas. Then we will make our way around the whole island meeting up in pre-designated spots for others to join, should be a blast. Probably won't make it back to my area until around 7pm. Total round trip should be in th area of 350-400 miles.

Old 09-12-2014, 10:03 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I grew up in Salinas!

California
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 10:06 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
I grew up in Salinas!

California
Nice, one of those punch line jokes you get in a e-mail where you have to scrow down to read it.

Old 09-12-2014, 10:23 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Make sure to take some pics Bill, so we can see what the PR Mustangs look like!
Old 09-12-2014, 10:25 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Make sure to take some pics Bill, so we can see what the PR Mustangs look like!
No doubt, will post my venture for you all. I just hope it does not rain as it has been everyday for the past week or two.

Old 09-13-2014, 02:14 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Well I got another item in, it was my Ford racing 4 piece pedal kit. What a PITA the clutch and brake pedal install was. I used dish soap as a lubricant to install them, but still was a PITA. The accelerator pedal was the other PITA. I ended up using a SS bolt and washers and nut to re-install the pedal. Could not for the life of me re-install the slip pin back in with the grooves on the shaft of the slip pin.

Name:	20140913_104245.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	165896

Name:	20140913_123856.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	1.45 MB
ID:	165897

Got the car all shined up and engine bay detailed. All things done and ready for the Mustang run tomorrow. My neighbor said yesterday that last year there was about 3000 stangs that participated in the annual run. I hope to see that many this year and see the Stangs up near San Juan area as that is where all the big money is. We will soon see, and I will be taking plenty of pictures for all you to see.

Old 09-14-2014, 08:09 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
What I have found out by being here and visiting all the mustangs in hopes of purchase before I bought this is that many do not invest in aftermarlet parts or mods. They tend to what I call backyard mechanic or jerry-rig parts. If it is broke, then fix it with duct tape and wire, and rattle can everything. Only a select few that are true gear heads go the extra mile to build a car. And I am one to repair with new or mod with the right parts, so that sets mine apart from most in my area. Even my neighbor, he spray paints the intake, plenum and throttle body with blue rattle can, and overspray everywhere. Just ugly, but they like it.
You have all the bragging rights then lol

Some mustang owners here are the same. They don't mod their mustangs with aftermarket or the right parts they just head to the junkyard. This bothers me, go figure, still not my car not my money let them be. Luckily there's a fair amount that do mod their cars with the correct parts.

I thought you were in the states! Haha. Just learned a couple of new things.
Old 09-15-2014, 08:02 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Well I participated in the annual Mustang run yesterday. We ended up all staging at the Puerto Rico Int'l Speedway, and everyone stayed there for the whole day. PRIR was happy to open up for us and they called in their personel to open all of the raceway up and even allowed the 1/4 mile track to be used. Much props go to the raceway ppl allowing us to do that on such short notice. Reason for it was rain pretty much everywhere on the island. Rain was not a factor at the PRIR all morning and until about 3pm. I would say about a good 2000 or more Mustangs showed up, from your junkers to high dollor builds, street stock to highly modified racers. The majority of the stangs there was probably coyotes, the rest were fox to new edge, not too many SN95's, do not know why that was. There was I say about 30 vintage stangs that I wish I could of gone home with. I did get my fair share of good thumbs up on my stang. I and the wife did not stay with my car much as I was looking at everyone's else's car.

On the way there in the morning we passed about 40 stangs on the highway and alot gravy trained it in with us. Sooo many cops out on the trail there knowing that the run was going to happen. I did not see anyone get into any trouble on the way there or at the PRIR. On the way home we hit heavy rain all the way back. I was shocked that my wife who generally is not a fan of this type of car stuff have a really good time. Once the drag racing started, her interest doubled. She loved the racing competition. Then as usual they also started out with their tire burnout contest. Yokohama was giving away a set of tires to the winner, who uses Yokohama's? One guy threw a rod trying to compete. Looks like he needs more than a set of tires. But I was stoked to see my wife have sooo much fun, it made my day even greater. I was shocked at the money tat was in some of these mustangs. One guy had a burgandy NE stang that had speakers galore everywhere, lambo doors, and everything in the engine bay was chromed or chromed wrapped. I thought it to be stupid ugly, but the ownerthought he had brought gold to a silver competition. Then there was the 70's Pinto that was decked out with a NE interior and much more and was a one off kinda strange beauty to say the least.

Once again the best part of it was PRIR opened up their 1/4 mile track for us to run on. I did not get to do it as my wife was worried that something may have broken on mine and then we would be stranded. I had no problems with that, and just watched everyone else either make a successful run or break their sh*t. Coyotes where the show stoppers especially the Shelby's. There was a lot of Shelby 500's. There was also the famous 67 Eleanor. I will post up some pics in a seperate thread in the off topic forum. I will do that when I get back from painting my sister-n-law's house today. So I will post up a link to it from here.

Old 09-15-2014, 08:08 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Seems you and especially your wife had a good time! Can't wait to the see the pics.
Old 09-15-2014, 02:13 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks Scotty, the stang is coming back to life as ike it one piece at a time. Everyday I see something or notice something that should be changed or made better. It is and will be a ongoing project. Next on the agenda is working on the suspension upgrades. I think the first piece of the puzzle will be new upper and lower control arms, and a rear torque arm. Then up front a new K-Member kit. I am leaning towards a misture of AM and MM for these components. This car will never see the type of track time or racing as some of these parts are designed for, so highest priced best of the market parts are not necessary for all parts upgrading.

Old 09-15-2014, 03:43 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

I WANNA SEE SOME MUSTANG PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-15-2014, 04:39 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I WANNA SEE SOME MUSTANG PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Here is the link to the thread I started with the pictures I took at the track. I ran out of space on my SD card . So I was able to take roughly 90 pic in all. I also took some video of the a few races on my phone. But I do not know how to post the videos though.

PRIR annual Mustang Run

Old 09-15-2014, 04:40 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Here is the link to the pictures of yesterdays Annual Stang Day of Puerto Rico at Puerto Rico Int'l Raceway.

PRIR annual Mustang Run

Old 09-15-2014, 05:01 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Those pics are great!

Probably, the easiest way to post the vids is to start a YouTube account and upload them on there and then post the URL on here as a link.
Old 09-15-2014, 06:42 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic14 View Post
I wanna see some videoooos!! Those mustang pictures where real nice to look at.

I just posted 4 videos that I took yesterday.

Quote:
Originally posted by Straybullitt - Probably, the easiest way to post the vids is to start a YouTube account and upload them on there and then post the URL on here as a link.
I guess the old saying you can't teach a old dog new tricks is not true. I just taught myself how to post videos to youtube and creating an acct with them. Too much brain work for one night, need to take a nap now!

Old 09-15-2014, 06:44 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Haha
Old 09-15-2014, 07:49 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I just posted 4 videos that I took yesterday.

I guess the old saying you can't teach a old dog new tricks is not true. I just taught myself how to post videos to youtube and creating an acct with them. Too much brain work for one night, need to take a nap now!
Haha. Just saw this. Saw the videos thanks for taking the time and effort
Old 09-16-2014, 08:01 AM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Sorry grumpy, sounds good!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT