used steeda udp's or am i just complaining - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-05-2014, 05:20 PM   #36
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboCobra View Post
I have to much into those pulleys to sell them back to you at the same price lol lots of time and patience put into them to clean all the RTV or whatever it was and grease off/out of them.
I switched from AM to LMR because AM orders would either be damaged or missing. LMR sent me used parts. I order new parts every pay day so rather then cry about it I will just try spending my money somewhere else.
You wouldn't sell them back to us. All we ask for is a picture of the damaged/used part. We would send you a call tag to get them back, and then send a new set out. I wish you would have contacted us just as soon as you received them so we could have taken care of the problem for you. I'm sorry that you received parts like that. It's defiantly not normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
Well you are probably a little late Jarrod, TC has probably installed them already. You need to have the management at LMR have a little talk with your warehouse manager about sending out parts that have obviously been installed... For christ sake, they didn't even clean off the silicone!
A more frequent presence on this site would help you guys with these situations and put you more on par with AM.
You're right in a sence of me being late. This was emailed to me today. We haven't been a forum sponsor over here in 2 or so years (not sure why I still have that title). I came here to try and help out the OP in any way that I could.

OP, if you want, email me your order number and shoot me a picture of what you received and I'll still help out in any way that I can.

Thanks
Jarrod
Jarrod@latemodel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2014, 06:45 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
You can read the whole thread, its obvious I received used parts. I did not contact you, you contacted me. I have no reason to lie. I did not take any photo's all I did was ask the guys on the forum what was up and the guys on this thread including a steeda rep confirmed that they should not be full of grease and rtv lol. Although disappointed I decided to clean them up and install them. I received used parts, they work just the same so I installed them. I received used parts so I feel I should only have to pay for used parts. Store credit or a refund I don't know, or not. Either way it was a donkey move by someone at your company.
TurboCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 06:52 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
You can read the whole thread, its obvious I received used parts. I did not contact you, you contacted me. I have no reason to lie. I did not take any photo's all I did was ask the guys on the forum what was up and the guys on this thread including a steeda rep confirmed that they should not be full of grease and rtv lol. Although disappointed I decided to clean them up and install them. I received used parts, they work just the same so I installed them. I received used parts so I feel I should only have to pay for used parts. Store credit or a refund I don't know, or not. Either way it was a donkey move by someone at your company.

stirring the pot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2015 Race Red Performance Package GT 5.0 (435hp) stock
Still in the making Updates coming soon!
99_GRUMPY_GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2014, 06:57 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

After experiences with AM I expected to receive them damaged from shipping. Was impressed with how well they were packaged only to open it all up like a kid on Christmas to find someone's hand me down toys
Old 09-05-2014, 07:20 PM   #40
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
I wasn't trying to imply that you where lying. I believe you. The only reason I ask for pictures is because when we take a return, we have a return label that goes on the box. I'll be more than happy to offer some sort of refund to you. Will you please PM or email me your order number so I can pull your account up Monday.

Thanks
Old 09-05-2014, 07:25 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrod@latemodel View Post
You wouldn't sell them back to us. All we ask for is a picture of the damaged/used part. We would send you a call tag to get them back, and then send a new set out. I wish you would have contacted us just as soon as you received them so we could have taken care of the problem for you. I'm sorry that you received parts like that. It's defiantly not normal.

You're right in a sence of me being late. This was emailed to me today. We haven't been a forum sponsor over here in 2 or so years (not sure why I still have that title). I came here to try and help out the OP in any way that I could.

OP, if you want, email me your order number and shoot me a picture of what you received and I'll still help out in any way that I can.

Thanks
Jarrod
I applaud you for for trying to help just as soon as, I assume, TJ e-mailed you.

You can understand the frustration though... We have all ordered parts ,at one time or another, and have had to return them. It turns a 1 week wait for the parts into a 3 week wait for the parts. For me anyhow.
Thats why I recommended to TC that if they weren't completely unacceptable to just use them.

Nobody is perfect and we all make mistakes, but, this is one of those things that pisses you off when it happens to you...

At least try to get TC the damned Steeda sticker, huh Jarrod?
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 07:34 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Jarrod I PM'd you my order number like you asked.
Old 09-05-2014, 07:36 PM   #43
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Nope, TJ didn't email email. It came from within our company.

I totally understand the frustration of ordering new parts and not receiving what you pay for. Unless the part is out of stock, I can usually get a new part to a customer in a weeks time. I'll make sure to make it right with the OP, and anyone else that is a customer of latemodelrestoration.com.

Thanks
Old 09-05-2014, 07:46 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

The one thing that these companies need to understand and do without question is this, if a part that was ordered and sent and took a week or 4-5 days to arrive ended up damaged, missing, or whatever, is to send a new one out ASAP and "OVERNIGHT". The thing that pisses me off the most is the company states yes we will take care of it. But sends it snail trail just to wait twice as long, or demand return before the new item goes out. If they would just send the crap overnight to avoid this type of negative feedback and poor customer outlooks of what to expect, it would make for a more pleasant shoping experience and we would reccommend to all because even though my order was screwed, I still got a replacement the next day. And only source I know that takes that type of customer care effort is Summit Racing. It is a shame more do not follow their foot steps. They may realize why Summit is sooo big and how they got there.

Old 09-05-2014, 10:36 PM   #45
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Also maybe if enough things have to start getting overnighted and accounting has a "WTF" moment from all the overnight costs there will be some heads banged down in shipping/packaging at AM/LRS/Wherever.

Like I said, Summit or Jegs first, then look at the Mustang specific vendors if its not there or if its substantially more expensive there which it usually is not.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 09:34 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

I just wanted to update this thread in case someone in the future happens to read it. Although I received used parts from LMR and was disappointed I installed them anyways and didn't bother to complain other then on here to the guys on the forum. What happened next just goes to show great customer service. Because of this thread and word of mouth, Jarrod from LMR contacted me and learnt about the used parts. After he learnt I had already installed them he PM'd me and we discussed a fair and reasonable way to handle the situation. I will place more orders in the future with LMR because of this.
Old 09-11-2014, 09:39 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

I have been paranoid about the installation tho haha The torque sequence just seems very odd to me.
torque to 66
loosen bolt 1 full turn
torque to 37
tighten additional 90 degrees
figured it would just be torqued to a certain lb-ft I don't know, I followed the instructions.
Old 09-11-2014, 09:39 AM   #48
Staff
Regular
Staff

Good to hear it got resolved to your satisfaction.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 09-11-2014, 05:08 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Good thing he learnt of it. Lol.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Follow on Instagram @steviesstangs
15% off waxgods.com use code: manic15
10% off toplabel.com use code: Manic10
Steve96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 06:47 AM   #50
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
I have been paranoid about the installation tho haha The torque sequence just seems very odd to me.
torque to 66
loosen bolt 1 full turn
torque to 37
tighten additional 90 degrees
figured it would just be torqued to a certain lb-ft I don't know, I followed the instructions.
What you are doing in this situation is seating the pulley first, backing off and then doing a final torque on it. This is how we do wheels on aircraft all the time except our initial torque is 400ft+ ft lbs and the back torque once we put in the locking bolts is 500 lol.

Honestly I'd just go to factory spec when installing pulleys. Although when I was young and dumb and thought I had a calibrated elbow I just installed my pulleys to german torque.

Old 09-12-2014, 09:13 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
What you are doing in this situation is seating the pulley first, backing off and then doing a final torque on it. This is how we do wheels on aircraft all the time except our initial torque is 400ft+ ft lbs and the back torque once we put in the locking bolts is 500 lol.

Honestly I'd just go to factory spec when installing pulleys. Although when I was young and dumb and thought I had a calibrated elbow I just installed my pulleys to german torque.
Ok.
I'll bite.

What is "German torque"?
Old 09-12-2014, 09:46 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

so is there a torque I should set my wrench to and check to make sure the pulley is on correct lol "tighten additional 90 degrees" heh figured it would just be a torque number but I guess being off by a few degrees probably wont cause harm?
Old 09-12-2014, 11:02 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah. That makes the final torque number kind of vague if you wanted to go back in a month and check the torque.
The repair manual instructions are the same that you posted. Just turn the bolt 90 degrees after the 37 ftlbs.
There is no definite final torque number.
Old 09-12-2014, 11:32 AM   #54
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Ok.
I'll bite.

What is "German torque"?
"Good and tight" Say it with a German accent. "Gudantight"

Quote:
Yeah. That makes the final torque number kind of vague if you wanted to go back in a month and check the torque.
The repair manual instructions are the same that you posted. Just turn the bolt 90 degrees after the 37 ftlbs.
There is no definite final torque number.
Very sketch IMO to not have an actual value. Especially when you have a goober who thinks 90 degrees is half a turn or something like the dumbasses on a S197 forum I just gandered at who kept saying go "half a turn". 90 degrees is a quarter turn... anyway...

Old 09-12-2014, 12:17 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

uh oh I did 10 less percent then 100. oh noes! degrees! percent's!
Old 09-12-2014, 12:37 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
uh oh I did 10 less percent then 100. oh noes! degrees! percent's!
Lol
Well it will be "Gudantight".
A quarter turn TC...
Old 09-12-2014, 12:41 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

LOL nah I followed instructions just figured they were kind of random. Figured it was steeda's directions for there pulley. Gives me a peace of mind knowing that is also the sequence for a ford pulley as well.
Old 09-22-2014, 03:12 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Squuuuuuuuuuuuuuuueak
the squealing squeaking noise until my car warms up is annoying me. The belt looks good, any idea how to shut it up?
Old 09-22-2014, 03:37 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Scream at it!

Or better yet, cut it, sure will stop then

Old 09-22-2014, 03:46 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Actually I screamed at it today lol embarrassing
Old 09-22-2014, 06:06 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

The local auto stores sell a belt dressing in an aresol can to use on the belt to stop belt noise. I personally have never used it. And I usually stay away with dressing a belt up as they say. Cause to me it is nothing but a bubricant I suppose. And as any mechanic knows, belts and lubricant do not mate together well. Next thing you know the belt comes flying off the pullies then you are screwed.

The only other thing I can come up with is since the pulleys were changed and the OD is smaller on some of them, that a different size belt may be in order to fit properly. You may have a belt that is not tight enough. The rule of thumb on measuring a belts correct tension is to use a straight ruler, or straight edge at least 16" long, run it across 2 pulley's, while the straight edge is resting on top of those 2 pulley's take your finger and push down in the center of those 2 pulley's on the belt. When you push down on the belt you shold have no more than 1/8 to 1/4 of deflection.

Old 09-22-2014, 11:39 PM   #62
Staff
Regular
Staff

Run a piece of twine around your pulleys with the belt off along the belt route. Have someone go 3/4 tight on the tensioner and pull the twine tight and mark it. Measure from the end to the mark and that is the belt length you need. Get said belt and install.

Old 09-23-2014, 07:42 AM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

TC, forget what I mentioned earlier about belt measurement for determining serviceability, You would use that for Foxbodies, but for our model yrs it is different.

On our model the tensioner has wear markers for you to use to determine proper belt fitment. There is a marker for a belt being too tight, and a marker for a belt needing replacement. I supplied a picture for your viewing. If the tensioner is inbetween these two markers, then you have a proper fitting belt. And there would be no reason to replace it unless you want to for the hell of it. A new belt may eliminate the noise, then again it may not.

Here is the pic, click on pic to enlarge:

Click image for larger version

Name:	20140923_084615.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	530.6 KB
ID:	166710

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT