Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Clutch / Flywheel Recommendations

805 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  scottydsntknow 
#1 ·
Well my TOB is starting to be more progressive with the noise.
It shifts fine and whatever.

I was thinking of changing it all completely , does anyone recommend any clutch kits ?

I was going to get the FRPP heavy duty fork , TOB, and maybe just resurface my flywheel.
I replaced my clutch cable recently so that shouldn't be a problem.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#2 ·
Why not get the FRPP clutch kit? I try to stay with FRPP if possible. The only other kit I have used in the past is Centerforce, that was a few years ago. Seemed to hold its own when playing hard. I hear good things about RAM, but I can not attest to them. But like I say, I try to stay with FRPP if all possible.

#8 ·
Exactly, preferences. Just like I with FRPP stuff. But I threw that out there as I know I read ppl cursing them. But, you know the old saying, can't please all ppl all the time, but some of the time they can please themselves.

#9 ·
Also just put in an Exedy 400. Great clutch. 0 chatter, grabs like a mofo and light pedal feel. Paired with a brand new Coyote flywheel off a crate motor for $100 on another forum's classifieds and its been awesome. Did that vs paying $260 for a steel one or $330+ for aluminum. The 11" Exedy 400 is good for 500ft lbs which is more than the stock rods will take anyway.

I suggest to anyone who has a car that came with a 10.5" clutch to just upgrade to 11". Basically the same price and you get 1/4" extra all the way around the disc. No other mods are needed to go to 11".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.