Bullitt will be sitting for a while - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-13-2014, 07:05 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by vert03 View Post
What's missing though is quality control. One of the reasons China, India etc can manufacture goods for less money is the methods they use for QC. The basic philosophy is that if the line is set up to spec, the employees trained and the pilot runs produce the proper item with the proper specs they should be able to continue "forever" doing the same. Of course they spot check, but it's nothing like what happens say in German manufacturing or the old USA manufacturing. This is why you get those dead out of the box IAC from Autozone. The other reason is they swap them for their friends.

Couple that with a lag time between the time faulty or out of spec items are being produced and the time they get to the consumer (Ford) who discovers this, the market can be flooded with out of spec items. The distance plays a big role in this. The USA has lost control of it's manufacturing IMHO and it will come back to bite us, the consumer.

Still I agree with you that you stand a better chance of getting a quality, in spec part buying from OEM. This is especially true with electrical items like TPS, FRP, COP, IAC and so forth.

For other items, the aftermarket has improved on the Ford OEM and the unit is actually better. Suspension is one area.
AGREED!
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2014, 07:19 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
AGREED!
We really need to bring manufacturing back to the USA.
As a nation we will be doomed without it.

Off my soapbox now !!

Let's get that fan replaced!!
vert03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 08:34 PM   #38
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
With fuel costs going up and up and up its actually starting to get more economical for manufacturers to make some things here in the USA again.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2014, 09:25 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Then again McDonald's workers want 15$ an hr and wonder why we have lost business due to high labor wages..

Yes I edit my posts a lot, auto correct likes to sabotage me!

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 09:51 PM   #40
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 stang View Post
Then again McDonald's workers want 15$ an hr and wonder why we have lost business due to high labor wages..

Yes I edit my posts a lot, auto correct likes to sabotage me!
Eh, workers in some parts of Europe get paid equal to $20 USD to work at mcdonalds and the prices of food are only marginally higher. I've eaten at mcdonalds in Germany and it was $8 or $9 USD for a meal and that was only because it was the only thing open stumbling back from an Irish bar in Berlin at 2 AM. I would have much preferred the German food.

I will say that if they bump up the minimum wage here to $15/hr they better god damn well bump up skilled labor positions to $25-$30.

Back on topic, I suggest for the OP to google MMR builds and do a lot of reading. MMR is the new DSS of the 2010s. DSS used to be notorious for caring more about volume than quality. 9.5/10 times you got a great motor but god help you if you were unlucky.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 09-14-2014, 10:05 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
Yep. That worked.
I still can't see the other one... Strange.
Bad fan.
When I heard the first video I was praying that it wasn't your engine making that sound. Lol

Will somebody please explain to my ignorant *** what Mtang was referring to...
PLEEEEEZZE!
Patrick Swayze was an American Actor. Among his many movies, Red Dawn. The Russians parachute in the Midwest and take over the country. When Patrick, his brother (Charlie Sheen) and several other boys grab all the supplies from a local store and move into the mountains. On the way the radiator is shot up. It is fixed, so for the next 10 minutes everyone is taking their turns to piss in the radiator. Aflter all it is mostly water anyway. You might not want to turn on the heater.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 10:06 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboCobra View Post
Patrick Swayzey is from that movie Point Break
awesome movie, worth a watch
Red Dawn is the movie.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 10:10 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
Red Dawn is the movie.
Red Dawn was a great movie. Remake wasn't so good though.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 10:20 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
Patrick Swayze was an American Actor. Among his many movies, Red Dawn. The Russians parachute in the Midwest and take over the country. When Patrick, his brother (Charlie Sheen) and several other boys grab all the supplies from a local store and move into the mountains. On the way the radiator is shot up. It is fixed, so for the next 10 minutes everyone is taking their turns to piss in the radiator. Aflter all it is mostly water anyway. You might not want to turn on the heater.
Lol
RED DAWN!!!
That's been driving me nuts!
I remembered that I did have a large, 3/4 full bottle of drinking water with me and I got thirsty waiting for the engine to cool. I thought, "I can drink this and then after a while pee in the radiator". But I'm from the same generation as you Mtang... Half of the time I can't piss enough to fill a tea cup, so I saved the water and poured it into the radiator directly.

Haha
That's what I thought that you may have been eluding to...
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 10:49 PM   #45
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Well I went back to school tonight and left the Mustang at home since I don't have a new fan for it yet. Next time I will see her will be in a month (around the 11th)
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1410752934.907105.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	952.7 KB
ID:	166034

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 08:13 AM   #46
Staff
Regular
Staff

I'd be way too paranoid to let a car that nice sit parked on the street like that. Hopefully you live in a nice area where ppl aren't jackasses.

Old 09-15-2014, 10:31 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
I had to replace my fan motor. It burned up. Actually oreillys had it in stock for 80 bucks. This was a few years ago though. Was easy to put in and has been working fine ever since.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Follow on Instagram @steviesstangs
15% off waxgods.com use code: manic15
10% off toplabel.com use code: Manic10
Steve96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 11:25 AM   #48
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Bullitt will be sitting for a while

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
I'd be way too paranoid to let a car that nice sit parked on the street like that. Hopefully you live in a nice area where ppl aren't jackasses.

It's sat in the street before. Thankfully even though it's a pretty "ok" area people don't mess with cars. My dad said he may move it into the garage if the space opens up (if my mom agrees). It actually gets messed with more at school.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 05:09 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
That is partially why I like having these mustangs, even though it really hurts when someone messes with your car. I am sure if I had a 2014 GT that I owed 30k on I would be to stressed out all the time.
TurboCobra is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT