MMR long block - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-12-2014, 09:04 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
MMR long block

MMR Street Mod 600 4.6 2V Longblock iv got a 2000 gt and i want to drop one of these in it anyone on here have this long block, is mmr good company? links to threads about them ?. thanks for your time
XxFLoridaboYxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2014, 03:09 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
They have good and bad reviews like every other company.
Google MMR racing reviews and you can read some for yourself.

The only thing bad I have to say about them is that their shipping prices suck.
Im assembling my own engine so I don't need them for that but I will probably purchase a few more parts from them.

I recommend that you consider buying the 900 hp capacity engine instead of the 600. It has the "beefier" H-beam rods.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 06:15 PM   #3
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
I've seen way too many MMR horror stories although I have also seen enough ppl run MMR motors and make huge power reliably. I do not own a MMR product so my opinion is kind of formed from others' experiences which is not exactly great but that's what interwebs feedback is for.

With all that said, building the 2V is a complete waste of money. Factor in the cost of the built motor, a power adder, all the stuff to support said power adder and the car itself and you are probably going to be in the $15-$20k range if you do all the work yourself. Just buy a Coyote IMO. Or swap one in.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2014, 06:37 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Buying and modding cars is like having wives and children... A huge waste of money!

We do it because we love them...
Old 09-13-2014, 07:21 PM   #5
Staff
Regular
Staff

Yep, there once was a guy who proposed to his loving girlfriend whom he dated for years. She said NO! The guy went out and bought a sports car, partied and drank whenever he wanted, spent his money on whatever he wanted and lived happily ever after. The end.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 09-13-2014, 07:25 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Yep, there once was a guy who proposed to his loving girlfriend whom he dated for years. She said NO! The guy went out and bought a sports car, partied and drank whenever he wanted, spent his money on whatever he wanted and lived happily ever after. The end.
THAT WAS ME!!!
Old 09-13-2014, 09:28 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
THAT WAS ME!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	carparts.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	165932  
TurboCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 10:39 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Haha.
I AM accumulating a holy crap big collection of parts. It will be nice to get them all installed onto the vehicles so I can have some garage space again!
Old 09-13-2014, 10:55 PM   #9
Staff
Regular
Staff

Been there, done that. I've learned to not buy anything else till I install what I have. When I had one of my foxes and lived in an apt with roomates I filled the dining room area up with car parts. We all know the dining room area in an apt for a bachelor is just extra storage anyway... Now when I get something it goes right on.

Old 09-13-2014, 11:04 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

I know it. I'm not in a big hurry so I've been scouring CL for parts to try and save some money... Especially for the Teksid. All of the parts arrived to rebuild the entire suspension on my ramp truck last week so I can get going on that.
My biggest problem when I let things drag out is that I start to lose interest and it's difficult to get motivated again.
Old 09-14-2014, 08:50 AM   #11
Staff
Regular
Staff

If you were closer I'd sell you my Teksid and OEM forged crank. I'm probably going to go Coyote or sell the 2V and just buy a 2011+ honestly. I keep meaning to list it on the corral and here and other places but its going to be a local pickup thing.

Old 09-14-2014, 11:15 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

I already have the block and the forged crank. The crank was in good shape so I just had it polished. I had to have two sleeves put in the block so I could keep from having to go more than .020 over. And I found a set of barely used ported FRPP heads. I've been looking for some used Manley rods but I'll probably end up just buying them new along with the pistons. Then the rotating assembly can go back to the machine shop for balancing.
So I have most of the large parts except the cams, rods and pistons.
I think it will be when I get to all of the "small" stuff that will REALLY have me questioning my sanity in building this engine.
Old 09-14-2014, 03:58 PM   #13
Staff
Regular
Staff

It's always the small stuff. The big thing I am looking into is how engine swap rules work in nj with obd2. Obd2 checks often require the ecu to match the vin but there have to be provisions for swaps.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Old 09-14-2014, 04:03 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

They have "referees" here that will tell you what can and can't be done. They are also the ones that approve engine swaps and such.
They must have something similar in NJ.
Old 09-15-2014, 10:32 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
I've seen way too many MMR horror stories although I have also seen enough ppl run MMR motors and make huge power reliably. I do not own a MMR product so my opinion is kind of formed from others' experiences which is not exactly great but that's what interwebs feedback is for.

With all that said, building the 2V is a complete waste of money. Factor in the cost of the built motor, a power adder, all the stuff to support said power adder and the car itself and you are probably going to be in the $15-$20k range if you do all the work yourself. Just buy a Coyote IMO. Or swap one in.
^^^so true

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
steven7010 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT