Mustang Evolution Forum banner

2001 gt upgrades?

1K views 30 replies 9 participants last post by  Blackedout03gt 
#1 ·
Anyone have any ideas for upgrades?
4.6L w/auto

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#6 ·
Probably not lol. You just don't have any potential to **** up, the manuals do. If they aren't good driver then you will pull them..

Yes I edit my posts a lot, auto correct likes to sabotage me!

#5 ·
Could be as simple as gears. If the guy before you said it had ported heads but couldn't give you any details or provide receipts I'd be very dubious as to it actually having them but it might. Guy before him might have done a port job or hand ported them or whatever. Its always a crapshoot buying a modded car but if it runs well and can pull on stock 5 spds its probably doing pretty ok.

Biggest thing auto owners can do is the J-mod, look it up on google and there is a 20 minute youtube video on what it is and how to do it. Its like installing a shift kit for really cheap and it has a side effect of actually increasing transmission life.

There is a sticky at the top of the forum for all the other bolt on stuffs. Basically:

-Exhaust from the headers back
-Intake work to include a TB/Plenum and a decent CAI
-Gears
-Suspension/wheels/tires
-Tune

#8 ·
Seriously doubt it has ported heads.
Unless it has full exhaust/ cams etc.

It would be pointless to do them on a 2v without the supporting mods.

He just used that as a sling point bc he didn't know better. As well as you the buyer

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#9 ·
Yeah that's what I was thinking. Why do that an then nothing else. Because he would brag if he did anything else.

Yes I edit my posts a lot, auto correct likes to sabotage me!

#10 ·
The car runs really good. So far all I see is stock... Stock gears, tranny everything. But yet, I pull and beat 5spd. My buddy has an 00' 5spd 4.6 and we race a lot. I can do better burnouts and smoke him.
I can do 2nd gear and rap it out at 90mph sitting there doing a burnout on dry pavement.
This car doesn't seem like it should be this crazy...

#16 ·
oh he can drive a manual very well. And I'll have to take a video and show you guys...
I checked the gears. The car is fast. Seems to be to fast and powerful to be stock mustang. I can break the tires loose at 50mph on dry pavement!

#26 ·
I have an 03 gt auto, and mine is the same way when I step on it, but I also have different gears and a tune from the guy who had it before I bought it off my step dad, but it's awesome! Mine hits about 85-90 in 2nd and I still pull a 5.09 0-60. Went to the strip a couple months ago and had it checked and was pulling ~12s

#29 ·
Nice! Ya so far I like it. I would like to dyno it and do a 1/4 mile pull. What does these stock run?
Eventually I wanna do some upgrades. Tunes, gears, CAI, throttle body, exhaust and so on.
I'll probably just keep it until I can get a newer muscle car.

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

I also wanna do some tranny work

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.