Borla Stingers and O/R H midpipe - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-18-2014, 02:39 PM   #1
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
Borla Stingers and O/R H midpipe

Earlier this summer, I finally got an exhaust upgrade.

Borla S-type (Stingers) cat back
JBA off road H midpipe
Stock manifolds

Some revs...
2004 Mach 1 with Borla Stingers - YouTube

Going through some gears...
Mach 1 with Borla Stingers test drive - YouTube

Sorry, the videos are kinda setup for Instagram. I need to make some new ones lol.

Sent from my iPhone 5s with iOS 8.0, but I can't really tell the difference, so it could be iOS 7.0 :dunno:
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2014, 08:15 PM   #2
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Anybody else have Borla Stingers?
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 09:24 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
I don't, but after listening to your vids I may very soon lol.

I currently have Flow 40's and divorced pipes from the manifolds back on my Mach.
Sounds good but these 4v's sound godly with a premium muffler like Borla, Bassani, etc and an o/r mid.

Oh btw, I watched the test drive clip about 10 times just to watch the shaker slam to the right on wot..it NEVER gets old

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2014, 09:35 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
God I want to get a set of borla Stingers. This set up sounds fantastic, nice vids.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
PonyBoyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 09:43 PM   #5
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicpony03 View Post
I don't, but after listening to your vids I may very soon lol.

I currently have Flow 40's and divorced pipes from the manifolds back on my Mach.
Sounds good but these 4v's sound godly with a premium muffler like Borla, Bassani, etc and an o/r mid.

Oh btw, I watched the test drive clip about 10 times just to watch the shaker slam to the right on wot..it NEVER gets old

That's cool you have a Mach now! I agree, the shaker never gets old lol. The Bassani setup was my first choice, was just a bit too much $$. Fortunately I liked the Borla sound too.

Sent from my iPhone 5s with iOS 8.0, but I can't really tell the difference, so it could be iOS 7.0 :dunno:

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyBoyV6 View Post
God I want to get a set of borla Stingers. This set up sounds fantastic, nice vids.

Thanks man!

Old 09-18-2014, 09:52 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Yah I picked up her up as an early birthday present to myself this past June.
04 Azure Blue with 57k miles...stole her for $10k...exhaust, intake, tune and black saleens by PO. I announced to everyone on the forum a few years ago I was going to get a Mach 1 and I did, but a few years later than I originally planned lol.

Yours is clean man...just checked out the garage pics. I may try to snag a set of staggered AFS Matte Blacks before winter...love those wheels.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

Old 09-18-2014, 09:58 PM   #7
Lorraine's driver

Regular

[QUOTE=sonicpony03;2092569]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
That's cool you have a Mach now! I agree, the shaker never gets old lol. The Bassani setup was my first choice, was just a bit too much $$. Fortunately I liked the Borla sound too.

Sent from my iPhone 5s with iOS 8.0, but I can't really tell the difference, so it could be iOS 7.0 :dunno:[COLOR="Silver"]

Yah I picked up her up as an early birthday present to myself this past June.

04 Azure Blue with 57k miles...stole her for $10k...exhaust, intake, tune and black saleens by PO. I announced to everyone on the forum a few years ago I was going to get a Mach 1 and I did, just a few years later than I originally planned lol.

Yours is clean man...just checked out the garage pics. I may try to snag a set of staggered AFS Matte Blacks before winter...love those wheels.

Thanks! Yes, they are nice wheels for the price. When I saw they offered the ones with the black painted inside, I had to have them. Lol I'm about to hit 55k miles on mine. I really need to get a beater for daily driving, but just can't do it yet. Hope this winter is not as bad as last years.

Old 09-18-2014, 10:16 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

I hear ya. I just rolled 60k on the car last week because I've been driving it so much. My plan was to make it a weekend/show car and drive the six on clear days during the week but I can't stop driving the damn thing, that exhaust and shaker is addicting haha.

I just picked up my new "beater", so hopefully I'll get the urge to daily drive that more now than the Mach.

Old 09-18-2014, 10:50 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Sounds great!

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Follow on Instagram @steviesstangs
15% off waxgods.com use code: manic15
10% off toplabel.com use code: Manic10
Steve96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 09:07 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
This may be a stupid question but, if I were to go in the way of a shaker kit or system as some call it, will it work on a GT OEM hood or do one need to get a Mach hood for the kit to work. It looks as if the Mach hood has a 1-2" rise over a GT oem hood. Am I correct on that?

Thanks

2015 Race Red Performance Package GT 5.0 (435hp) stock
Still in the making Updates coming soon!
99_GRUMPY_GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 09:11 AM   #11
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve96 View Post
Sounds great!

Thanks!

Old 09-19-2014, 09:15 AM   #12
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99_GRUMPY_GT View Post
This may be a stupid question but, if I were to go in the way of a shaker kit or system as some call it, will it work on a GT OEM hood or do one need to get a Mach hood for the kit to work. It looks as if the Mach hood has a 1-2" rise over a GT oem hood. Am I correct on that?

Thanks

They sell a kit where you modify your hood to make it fit. I think American Muscle still sells it. I am told you could get a Mach 1 hood and shaker setup and modify the bracket setup to make the shaker set in the right place, but I've never seen it done. The Mach 1 hoods and shaker system are getting harder to find nowadays since Ford discontinued making them. The aftermarket kit might be a better option for cost anyways.

Old 09-19-2014, 10:27 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:
They sell a kit where you modify your hood to make it fit. I think American Muscle still sells it. I am told you could get a Mach 1 hood and shaker setup and modify the bracket setup to make the shaker set in the right place, but I've never seen it done. The Mach 1 hoods and shaker system are getting harder to find nowadays since Ford discontinued making them. The aftermarket kit might be a better option for cost anyways.

The only problem is that the aftermarket kit looks like ****. It's quite easy to tell where the edge of the kit meets the hood. I know there's at k east one member on here who has installed a Mach shaker and hood on their GT. I'll have to do some digging to find ut.
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 10:34 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Found it. Look for post #4316 Post up some pics of your 96-04 Mustang!
Old 09-19-2014, 02:54 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks, yeah I know the kit is available to include AM. But I did not know if it works with the stock OEM hood as you can see the Mach 1 hood is a 2" rise over a GT OEM hood. So the rise in the Mach 1 hood vs OEM GT is what my concern was. I will have to do some more digging on the hood issue. That one you posted on here response 4316 is a nice set-up and has the Mach 1 hood it seems.

Old 09-19-2014, 04:01 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Love my BORLA

Sent from my SM-N900T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Borla S-Type stingers, BAMA SCT tuner, K & N Typhoon CAI, Classic Design Concepts light bar, MACH 1 chin spoiler, MACH 1000 w JVC Kvw 500 HU, plastidipped hood scoop, wing & Premium GT rims, painted calipers, 3.73 gears, black Bullitt fuel door, MMD hood struts, sub-frame connectors, SVE uca & lca, Power Stop drilled/slotted rotors
Peterzinyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 04:02 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Borla

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1411160565678.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	166492  
Borla S-Type stingers, BAMA SCT tuner, K & N Typhoon CAI, Classic Design Concepts light bar, MACH 1 chin spoiler, MACH 1000 w JVC Kvw 500 HU, plastidipped hood scoop, wing & Premium GT rims, painted calipers, 3.73 gears, black Bullitt fuel door, MMD hood struts, sub-frame connectors, SVE uca & lca, Power Stop drilled/slotted rotors
Peterzinyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 05:50 PM   #18
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterzinyou View Post
Borla

^Yes!

Mine has 4" tips. I was a little concerned at how they'd look, but they look good.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1411166989.576935.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	1.31 MB
ID:	166504

Old 09-19-2014, 06:08 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99_GRUMPY_GT View Post
Thanks, yeah I know the kit is available to include AM. But I did not know if it works with the stock OEM hood as you can see the Mach 1 hood is a 2" rise over a GT OEM hood. So the rise in the Mach 1 hood vs OEM GT is what my concern was. I will have to do some more digging on the hood issue. That one you posted on here response 4316 is a nice set-up and has the Mach 1 hood it seems.
Yeah the blue one us a legit Mach hood. This one is the hood kit on a GT hood New mustang gt on the lot!!
Old 09-19-2014, 06:24 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Nice stang that was. It looks as if a seperate rise panel came with that kit to give it the necessary claearance. I looked at his engine bay shot and it looks as if the air intake tube is just resting on the air cleaner. Kinda cheap look to me, will diffinately look into one of these those though. Thanks for the links my friend.

Old 09-19-2014, 06:28 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah no prpblem. I personally think the riser part of it looks cheap since you can clearly see the edges
Old 09-19-2014, 06:33 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
^Yes!

Mine has 4" tips. I was a little concerned at how they'd look, but they look good.

Attachment 166504

The 4" tips look Awesome. Fill up the cut outs perfectly.

Follow on Instagram @steviesstangs
15% off waxgods.com use code: manic15
10% off toplabel.com use code: Manic10
Steve96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 09:05 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile high JDF View Post
Yeah no prpblem. I personally think the riser part of it looks cheap since you can clearly see the edges
My thoughts exactly. A true Mach 1 hood is the way to go if that is what I do. Thanks again bud.

Old 09-22-2014, 09:47 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Ive got borla stingers with a bassani off road x

FastEddie03GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 08:15 AM   #25
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastEddie03GT View Post
Ive got borla stingers with a bassani off road x

They sound wonderful, don't they?!

Old 09-23-2014, 03:06 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Omg yes. Pricey but well worth it to me. Ive always had bassani mid pipes with all the mustangs ive had. They sound the best and give the best results on the dyno from my opinion. I got the stingers on sale one time from lmperformance.com for $580 and jumped on it. At the time i thought i could save me a few dollars and put it all on in the driveway. I learned the hard way to just pay a little to have a shop do it with a lift. I ended up going to my neighbors shop to put the catback on with a lift because the stingers are just one piece from the mid pipe to the rear axle. Piece was almost 6ft long and i had to have the car atleast that much high to swing the end over the axle. I had to drive my car across town to his shop with just an x pipe on the car and it wasnt a pleasent drive at all. Car vibrated like crazy. Wasnt so much loud just the ride wore me out. So i would say it took me overall 8 hours to take out the old setup and throw on the new one. Lesson ive learned the hard way for sure lol. My whole body was sore for days after that. But the results were worth it for sure. Old setup the guy i bought the car from put bbk off road x and magnaflow catback. I hated the sound. The x pipe was only one piece and i didn like the quality at all. The bassani x is 5 pieces and made to bolt up to their mid length headers if you get them down the road. Very good quality piece if you ask me. Lmperformance.com had the x and catback cheaper than anybody with free shipping if anybody was in the market for an exhaust. I ended up calling americanmuscle and they price matched. I cant remember exactly how much i saved but i know it was atleast a few hundred dollars.

FastEddie03GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 11:26 PM   #27
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Here's an updated video with some high revs.

Borla Stingers [S-type] with a JBA off road H midpipe
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT