Lowering springs - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-23-2014, 02:54 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Lowering springs

Which brand springs gives you the biggest drop? I have sve spring right now and i think my car could still drop another inch in the front and rear

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
FastEddie03GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2014, 07:03 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
I do not know of a spring that drops more than advertised which is between 1.25 - 2". What I have noticed over the yrs is that even if a spring advertises a certain drop in inches, that not always does that spring accomplish what it states it will do. Then again I have seen springs that advertise less drop and drop more than advertised.

What I am probably going to do is keep adding to my collection of the MM pieces to make up my suspension. And one of those pieces is going to be adjustable coil overs. At least with those you can be precise in what you want in a drop.

I will look at the spring rates some today to see what they all state, and let you know what I found.

2015 Race Red Performance Package GT 5.0 (435hp) stock
Still in the making Updates coming soon!
99_GRUMPY_GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 08:54 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
The biggest drop that I've seen Is Tein S springs drops like 2.5" in the front and like 2.3" in the rear

If that's to much H&R super sport drops 2" in the front and 1.6 in the rear

Oxford White Roush Stage 1 SN# 6925--SOLD but never forgotten!
Kona Blue GT premium - Slammed on BC's and BMR's full rear suspension
The_Chech is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2014, 02:48 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Do you know where i could find slme tein spring?

Old 09-23-2014, 04:23 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Your best bet is either Ebay or a Google search to find the best price and lowest shipping. I was about to swap to the Tein S for a lower drop then what my H&R lowered me to. Then I convinced my self to go the Coilover route.

Also! if your getting any lowering spring set that goes below 1.5", I promise you it is a must to get a set of aftermarket Caster/Camber plates, unless you're more inclined to buy a set of tires every other month especially if you get the Tein S springs.

Old 09-23-2014, 09:11 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Chech View Post
Your best bet is either Ebay or a Google search to find the best price and lowest shipping. I was about to swap to the Tein S for a lower drop then what my H&R lowered me to. Then I convinced my self to go the Coilover route.

Also! if your getting any lowering spring set that goes below 1.5", I promise you it is a must to get a set of aftermarket Caster/Camber plates, unless you're more inclined to buy a set of tires every other month especially if you get the Tein S springs.
+1

If you really want a drop that lowers you over 2", look into coilovers or even a bagged setup.
A 2+ drop with progressive springs looks awesome but driving sucks!

Unless you have perfect roads and driveways with zero inclines I'd keep the drop with progressives to no more than 2", and this is coming from experience.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 09:14 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I dont mind the ride to much since i dont drive the car much at all anyway. We did just drop a blower in here recently so i may have to do coil overs or something like that.

Old 09-23-2014, 09:53 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
I don't drive my six with a 2.2" front drop that much either (maybe 500 miles this season) and it still sucks when i'm used to the mach at stock height and my truck that's way higher up lol.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 11:29 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicpony03 View Post
+1

If you really want a drop that lowers you over 2", look into coilovers or even a bagged setup.

A 2+ drop with progressive springs looks awesome but driving sucks!

Unless you have perfect roads and driveways with zero inclines I'd keep the drop with progressives to no more than 2", and this is coming from experience.

This is why I'm going the route of coilovers so I can get it right where I want it because a 2" drop looks like stock height to me now and drives me nuts. Also the coastal roads around here are flat as can be, no bumps or pot holes

Old 09-24-2014, 12:48 PM   #10
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastEddie03GT View Post
I dont mind the ride to much since i dont drive the car much at all anyway. We did just drop a blower in here recently so i may have to do coil overs or something like that.
If you're looking to drop the car not only for looks but give it some of the best handling possible I highly recommend taking a look into a Coilover Kit I've driven one of our part time employees 2002 that's SR equipped and it's feels like driving a track prepped car. The ride quality honestly wasn't that bad either! Let me know if you don't have our discount code and I'll get you set up!

Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT