Follow up to "Tuner" Thread - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-07-2014, 07:29 PM   #1
WJL
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Follow up to "Tuner" Thread

Sooner or later i will buy a tuner however with all the talk about canned tunes vs custom tunes vs dyno tunes.

I know someone on this form knows the answers My first question is:

What is it about a canned tune that is considered no good or why doesn't it work?

Why is a PI swapped tune different from a 99-04 tune?

What is the difference from say a tune from MPT vs BAMA canned

No need to explain the dyno tune for now its just out of my league.
WJL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2014, 08:49 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
The reason why so many people stay away from canned tunes, is because it's like a one size fits all kind of tune. Every car is different and will make different power even with the same modifications done. They work but its not the greatest out there and better gains can be had if you go for a Dyno tune because it's your car specific.

And the difference between an MPT tune and BAMA is they're simply just different companies and they alter things a little different then each other for their tunes.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Oxford White Roush Stage 1 SN# 6925--SOLD but never forgotten!
Kona Blue GT premium - Slammed on BC's and BMR's full rear suspension
The_Chech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 12:06 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
After you buy a tuner you should get Ortiz to tune your car, he is the best tuner if not right next to the best tuners for a 96-04 mustangs specifically. I seen same mods on the same exact car race against a Lund tuned car vs. Ortiz tuned car same exact mods Ortiz tune car won. Other car got an Ortiz tune they held side by side. Get Ortiz, I'm with him and have sprayed 12 bottles of a 100 shot of nitrous in my car for the past half year on his nitrous tune and I keep up with gt500's and my car runs flawless air fuel is spot on flat where it should be. Get an Ortiz tune. It's only 170 or something free tunes for life forget bana and whatever that new canned tunes.

12.1 @ 117.9 (1.7) in 1/4th
7.6 @ 92.1 (1.6) in 1/8th
Speed_Mister is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2014, 11:47 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed_Mister View Post
After you buy a tuner you should get Ortiz to tune your car, he is the best tuner if not right next to the best tuners for a 96-04 mustangs specifically. I seen same mods on the same exact car race against a Lund tuned car vs. Ortiz tuned car same exact mods Ortiz tune car won. Other car got an Ortiz tune they held side by side. Get Ortiz, I'm with him and have sprayed 12 bottles of a 100 shot of nitrous in my car for the past half year on his nitrous tune and I keep up with gt500's and my car runs flawless air fuel is spot on flat where it should be. Get an Ortiz tune. It's only 170 or something free tunes for life forget bana and whatever that new canned tunes.

How much of a kickback are you getting for posting about that tuner over and over?

Luke 11:9-10 “So I say to you ...*search and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 01:21 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Were can I find the Ortiz tune at ?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Slow4V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 04:01 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
http://www.ortiz-performance.com you can find him on Facebook at Luis Ortiz add him and you send tunes through messages or email, read up on his tunes I haven't found one person that hates his tunes or done someone wrong everybody I've seen with his tunes are completely amazed. And I'm not getting any deal or paid by saying this, I'm saying this from past experience with him tunning my car. I know people that took there mustangs to gear heads in Texas and other running shops and their cars were never tunes right then they went with Ortiz and they say Ortiz tunes are amazing.

12.1 @ 117.9 (1.7) in 1/4th
7.6 @ 92.1 (1.6) in 1/8th
Speed_Mister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 05:12 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
If you just have normal bolt ons go with a mail order tune. You can only squeeze so much out of a bolt on car, so a mail order tune will be more than enough.
If you go super/turbocharged, you should dyno tune because it will be much easier to tune with the car directly in front of them

Nothing at all wrong with a mail order tune. You are stupid if you go get a dyno tune for something like a cold aid intake and an ORX lol
Judge_dredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 05:13 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
People with every kind of car have sprayed a 100 shot on a stock tune, but your mileage may vary, so tune for spray anyways.
Judge_dredd is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT