Raceland coil overs - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-16-2015, 07:21 PM   #71
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Chech View Post
I had HR super sports in the Roush before the coilovers and put them in my buddies GT. I just drove it for a few days this week and wow those HR super sport springs ride really smooth lol. Almost to the point of how spoungy my 5.0 rode stock

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Lol, dang. I bet my sportlines feel like a caddy compared to H&R SS's. They are 550lb springs in the front compared to 700lb. Once I got the new shocks and struts, my Mach handles better than it did stock. The ride is stiff, but bumps are better than the stock shocks and struts. Probably cause mine were so old.

@azurebluemach
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2015, 07:23 PM   #72
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
MMFF is the LAST place you should consider for unbiased legit info... thats Mustang101.

What's wrong with MMFF? Can't be any better or worse than any other magazine that relies on product advertisement.

@azurebluemach
Old 05-16-2015, 08:46 PM   #73
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
What's wrong with MMFF? Can't be any better or worse than any other magazine that relies on product advertisement.

@azurebluemach
All the rags inflate numbers, exaggerate manufacturer's claims and flat out lie.

I don't subscribe to any because they're all just filled with adverts and 1 or 2 knob slobbing articles where they try to hock more product and don't really tell you anything useful.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2015, 09:39 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
You want progressive.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

I thought so. I dont want to drop it much but I want a much better spring rate than stock. So I was going to go with the B springs from Ford.

Sent from the mothership.
Slater2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 09:51 PM   #75
Staff
Regular
Staff

B springs are fine, the SR springs from AM are actually pretty good too from what everyone says. I normally steer clear of SR anything but the springs are ok apparently.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 05-17-2015, 03:51 AM   #76
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
All the rags inflate numbers, exaggerate manufacturer's claims and flat out lie.

I don't subscribe to any because they're all just filled with adverts and 1 or 2 knob slobbing articles where they try to hock more product and don't really tell you anything useful.

I follow MM&FF because they are big on the west coast. My clubs president was featured in one coming out very shortly (white terminator). And they are covering the car show we are hosting tomorrow (technically this morning... I should go to sleep lol).

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 09:13 AM   #77
Staff
Regular
Staff

I have not followed them like that in a while. Picked one up a few months ago and it seemed like more of the same to me. They do sometimes have cool build articles, one of my favorite SN95 builds ever was featured in MMFF a few years ago, real low mileage Buillitt built and On3 turbocharged with an auto swap. Thing is sick.

However, it is still "Mustang 101" that you never go by performance numbers and claims in the rags. These are the same idiots that found a 20hp difference between the Explorer and GT40 intake manifolds that circulated around for YEARS. It still does somehow... The intakes all flow the same. Same guys who found something like an 8whp increase from going to all Royal Purple fluids with no other changes too and they consistently ride MSD's cock even though MSD products are absolute **** these days. Those are just a few examples.

/rant

Old 05-17-2015, 09:23 AM   #78
Lorraine's driver

Regular

If I remember right, the guys at Horsepower TV did a RP comparison. There's was like 2-3whp increase that they saw, but I would think that would be the variability of a test anyway. I've never been to a dyno sessions, but I can't imagine they ever come up the exact same everytime you run the same setup.

@azurebluemach
Old 05-17-2015, 10:12 AM   #79
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
If I remember right, the guys at Horsepower TV did a RP comparison. There's was like 2-3whp increase that they saw, but I would think that would be the variability of a test anyway. I've never been to a dyno sessions, but I can't imagine they ever come up the exact same everytime you run the same setup.

@azurebluemach
If they did it on a black LS1 Camaro then we watched the same episode... back in like 2003 lol... Wow...

And that is the sort of **** I hate. Take god knows how old fluids out of the car and put new stuff in and then re-dyno. Of COURSE its probably going to run a little better with all brand new fresh fluids it would have done just as well with Autozone brand stuff.

RP is the most goddamn overpriced stuff in the world anyway. You might as well buy Amsoil if you are going to pay their prices. If not just run M1 for $26 for 5 gallons at Wal Mart.

Old 05-17-2015, 11:31 AM   #80
Lorraine's driver

Regular

I agree RP is overpriced. I don't have the experience to say Amsoil is better or worse though. I think they are great, but I also think RP is great lol.

@azurebluemach
Old 05-17-2015, 11:32 AM   #81
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Lol and you are spot on, fresh oil of any kind is going to improve how the engine runs compared to used.

@azurebluemach

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT