cams! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-04-2014, 01:52 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
cams!

Are cams very noticable? i am trying to get opinions from people who have done then.. i currently have UDP CAI Tuner, 373 gears upper lower control arms. and short throw... I have googled but no one really has much to say except which cams to get. I just need a personal opinion from someone. it is my daily driver i do not want to go s/c just yet. just want a little more oomph
samcrored is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2014, 07:00 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

cams!

Go to mhs site and read be4 u buy a cam becuz alot of cams will have ptv issues if degreed right without piston notches or aftermarket valves, they do have grinds that will work with stock motor and make good useable power and for a good price and they will even degree them and tell u where to set the adjustable crank gear for them to be degreed right, but they have alot of good info in there faq section of the site but to answer ur question yes ull feel a decent increase plus it will pull all the way to redline, besides a blower and gears its the only other best bang for buck mod but theres always supporting mods that will help alot with cams like a upper intake and tb and headers will really help it but with cams id take into consideration if ur ever gonna get a blower or not if u are id get the blower cams anyway ull still get a good gain stock and when u bolt on the blower it will put it at the hp level of needing sum forged rods and pistons, then to get it to the ground a torque arm and panhard bar and sum decent rear tires will do but thats all later in the game if all ur wanting is a good noticeable gain and wake the car up without too much traction probs then a decent cam grind will be a good mod

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
thyreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 08:23 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Yes,I noticed a big difference. I have a 99 gt convertible 5 speed stick.I had done every bolt on you could do, so the next thing to do was the cams. I had the stage 2 Crower Cams done at Alternative Auto in Chesterfield Michigan. I gained 29 h/p at the wheels. The car put down 295 RWHP and 305 foot pounds of torque. The car is faster than the numbers suggest. Much more fun to drive and I get compliments on the rumpy idle. The exhaust is full length headers in o/r x-pipe through three chamber Flowmaster's. It's not cheap though. Cost me $1,900 cams and labor with custom tune on the dyno. Look up alternativeauto.com for more info. He's always worked on my mustangs and love their work. Very knowledgeable. You can call and get his advice for your car. Hope this helps! One last thing, before I had to shift at 4500 rpm, but now she pulls hard all the way to 6200 rpm. If I lost a little low end torque it's barely noticeable with the tune and the sound and feel of the car was worth it for me!

toneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2014, 08:25 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
The rear gear is a 3.73!

toneman is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT