Service engine soon. HELP - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-10-2014, 08:17 AM   #1
Region: Georgia
Service engine soon. HELP

So about a week ago The service engine soon light came on. I filled the gas back up from race track and drove it until it was basically out to see if it was just a bad fuel mix. It didn't turn off. I took it to advanced auto parts and had them do the free diagnostics and it was running a b1 lean mix code but they would not tell me the exact number for the code it is running. I had a full little can of the seafoam fuel cleaner that you pour straight into the tank and i put some gas on top of that. A friend was telling me its proabaly just an 02 but i have my own concerns. My concern is that my car is "ghetto" straight piped. as in i disconnected the cat-back from the mid pipes and only put one bolt back in. however this is only on one side and it was meant to be only to see how it sounded but after hearing it i couldn't get myself to reconnect it. so my question is could the lean code thats just showing up on one side be caused by the lack of back pressure on the one side and could that be the 02 sensors or could i have really stupidly ruined 4 of my injectors or one of my fuel rails.

extra notes

I replaced the fuel filer about 15 to 20k ago
My spectra CAI has never given me an issue so i know its not a MAF issue

Low and fitted 02 vert. Lowered on racelands with matching camber plates. Steeda bumpsteer and ball joints. On white Saleen rims 18x10 all the way around wrapped in 245/40/18 and 295/35/18. MGW race shifter with a custom white gt knob. Carbon Driven gauge cover and fog bezels. Cobra bumper. Straight piped. spectra ram air. bbk adj clutch cable. 2 12" kenwoods and a 165db 3 note train horn with a 1.5gl air tank.
LowPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 08:29 AM   #2

Region: Florida
The only way to verify for sure is to reconnect the catback (second bolt) and see if it clears.

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 07:49 PM   #3
Registered Member
Region: Other
I would be looking for a vacuum leak. I'm not saying that's the problem but I'd eliminate the possibility.
Billgluckman is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT