heater blend door - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-09-2014, 12:38 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
heater blend door

Not sure if its actually the heater blend door, it may just be a mustang thing. I was surprised when i realized the floors get hot from the cats. also, dont have any other ones to compare it to.

If its about, 70 to 75 degrees out, the air outside is nice, but after the engine warms up, forget about any of that cool air making it through the vents. when its 60 out, even then, its much warmer through the vents. it only seems to be when its really cold out or before the engine gets hot that it almost feels like the ac is running. If its mid day and the sun it out, its even worse (duh, sun is hot)

so im wondering if this is familiar to everyone, and its just a big engine making a lot of heat and i should shut up and just turn my ac on,

or does it sound like my heater blend door isnt closing all the way?

temp is set as low as it can go. The only other thing i was considering, because i do not want to remove my dash, is a temporary heater core bypass, and see if it still gets hot without coolant running to the heater core.

any thoughts/experiences?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2014, 02:35 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
My car also gets very warm in the summer time but it is dark blue as opposed to your white car. I've never noticed any excessive heat coming from any of the vents though.
When I replaced the heater core, the blend doors had a strip of foam around them as a sort of weatherstripping... If I remember correctly.
Possibly, that foam has deteriorated and is letting some of the hot air escape even when that door is fully closed (Temperature knob set to full cold position).

When you turn on the A/C, does it get nice and cold like it is supposed to?
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 02:46 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
yea ac works just fine (for how old the compressor and all that is) but that actually sounds about right, maybe the foam is gone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2014, 09:54 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I can relate to this. I thought it was just me but I feel as if the engine gets really hot,warmer air comes through the vents compared to when I first start up my car when the a/c is on full blast on lowest temp. I think it's just that the engine gets really hot and our a/c system isn't good enough to keep up with the heat the engine gives out.

2003 True Blue mustang gt
phillip433 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT