E85 questions - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-18-2014, 10:07 AM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

The link to the pistons he said was in it with tfs 44cc heads it says 12:0:1 compression...... Thats on the high side and if thats true u will want lower boost bur with lower boost u will make incredible power, but you are DEFF not anywhere near 400 ive only seen a couple 4.6s n.a at the 400 mark and it had way to much money dumped into it in my opinion and it kills the option of adding more power because they are on a serious compression ratio, u can easily get over 400 like scotty said just buy adding a s trim on stock motor with some of the simple boltons, he lied to u big time and before i went throwing boost at it id take it apart and see whats really in there cuz if u boost a high compression motor already making 325 rwhp and its not forged u are going to blow it to smithereens and ruin ur tfs heads and all so be carefull cuz i dont trust it as far as i could throw it, with that said 325 rwhp is s quite fun and tfs heads are badass and are capable of some serious power boosted but the bottom end needs to be built to handle it

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
thyreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2014, 11:31 AM   #72
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
If it was 12:1 he would need to be running E85 right now. So since he isn't i doubt it is a 12:1 motor.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 12:29 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Did you actually see it with the pan off so you could see the crank/rods and all the goodness? Cause anyone can slap a set of TFS heads/cams onto a stock motor and make 320whp.
I did see engine out, it ripped apart bare block, saw the new pile of new parts before the bore and before it was put together. I don't doubt the engine is built. Just the Hp amount. Either way 325 hp built motor I love the car. Funny thing is I used to hate the looks of the new edge, now I love it.

Sent from my SM-N900R4 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
WadeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2014, 12:32 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by thyreaper View Post
The link to the pistons he said was in it with tfs 44cc heads it says 12:0:1 compression...... Thats on the high side and if thats true u will want lower boost bur with lower boost u will make incredible power, but you are DEFF not anywhere near 400 ive only seen a couple 4.6s n.a at the 400 mark and it had way to much money dumped into it in my opinion and it kills the option of adding more power because they are on a serious compression ratio, u can easily get over 400 like scotty said just buy adding a s trim on stock motor with some of the simple boltons, he lied to u big time and before i went throwing boost at it id take it apart and see whats really in there cuz if u boost a high compression motor already making 325 rwhp and its not forged u are going to blow it to smithereens and ruin ur tfs heads and all so be carefull cuz i dont trust it as far as i could throw it, with that said 325 rwhp is s quite fun and tfs heads are badass and are capable of some serious power boosted but the bottom end needs to be built to handle it

I found a kit that I can bolt on a cobra blower on the car. Found some used blowers on ebay. Would need some bigger injectors and a hood to clear the blower but all for a around 5500. That's the route I'm planning on going as of now. But I can be sort of indecisive at times

Old 12-18-2014, 01:17 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
You can do alot more with 5500 vs the sorry blower that comes on the 03/04 cobra

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 01:31 PM   #76
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
You can do alot more with 5500 vs the sorry blower that comes on the 03/04 cobra

Like get the Tork Tech kit (which is what he found) and then drop a TVS onto it. Or just say screw it and get a centrifugal. Ppl want that low end grunt which is nice and all but on street tires you do not need 450ft lbs at 2500 rpm. I like the Vortechs because they are simple and they keep pulling as you keep flooring it and don't get heat soaked like the roots blowers.

Turbos are good too.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 01:39 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

I want a top end blower. So I figured I get this kit with the cobra blower for now, then later I can get a whipple or a kb for the cobra. 5500 was just my estimate. That include the injectors, the hood and having the hood painted and anything else I may need.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1418931124983.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	172155  
Old 12-18-2014, 01:45 PM   #78
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by WadeC View Post
I want a top end blower. So I figured I get this kit with the cobra blower for now, then later I can get a whipple or a kb for the cobra. 5500 was just my estimate. That include the injectors, the hood and having the hood painted and anything else I may need.

Top end as in top of the line or one that pulls hard up top?

Be warned that the Tork Tech support is REALLY ****ty. Once you buy one, you are pretty much on your own if you have an issue. There is a decent amount of community support but don't expect anything from the company themselves.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 12-18-2014, 01:47 PM   #79
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Just get a turbo. Very little lag with the right size, and it gives out more torque than a centrifugal and pulls up to redline. Also doesn't take power to make power.

Or you can just spray the **** out of the motor.

HID end all thread
Old 12-18-2014, 01:50 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

I will have to look into that.
I heard and don't know if this is true that blower type superchargers are better for manuals and centrifical superchargers and better for autos? I might have read that on this or another forum

Old 12-18-2014, 01:54 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

If you are looking for a positive displacement blower get a kenne bell.
Or go turbo or spray.

The Eaton collect so much heat it's not worth it.

I vote spray as you have a high compression motor, just add a dedicated fuel system and be done with it.
Then you can run e85 or race gas in your dedicate. And regular pump gas in your normal tank

Old 12-18-2014, 01:56 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

And the ultimate goal was a kenne bell, but the old owner said he was quoted 7000 for the whole kit.

Old 12-18-2014, 01:57 PM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WadeC View Post
And the ultimate goal was a kenne bell, but the old owner said he was quoted 7000 for the whole kit.

You can get one alot cheaper for a 2v. The old owner fed you alot of bull****.

Old 12-18-2014, 02:03 PM   #84
ME Bloodhound
Staff

E85 questions

Just go turbo with E85. With today's new fuels and tuning capabilities having low compression with boost is a thing of the past.

The goal for my motor so far is going to be 13:1+ compression. And them a tiny bit of boost using a turbo, that way a smaller turbo can be used and there will be essentially no lag. Using E85 of course

HID end all thread
Old 12-18-2014, 02:04 PM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You can get one alot cheaper for a 2v. The old owner fed you alot of bull****.

I'm starting to see this.

Old 12-18-2014, 02:07 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Just go turbo with E85. With today's new fuels and tuning capabilities having low compression with boost is a thing of the past.

The goal for my motor so far is going to be 13:1+ compression. And them a tiny bit of boost using a turbo, that way a smaller turbo can be used and there will be essentially no lag. Using E85 of course

I will look into different set ups. I have a total budget of 5500 Total . Have till spring to decide.

Old 12-18-2014, 02:37 PM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

You can get the 2.1 kenne bell off there website with injectors etc for $4,999. Either do that or spray it.

Old 12-18-2014, 02:53 PM   #88
Staff
Regular
Staff

Or a Vortech for way way way cheaper especially if he buys one secondhand. Secondhand S trims in real good shape are $1500 and sometimes even include injectors. Even if you get a headunit that needs rebuilt its not mega expensive. As for a turbo, the On3 forward facing kit is $1999 I think. Injectors and goodies are another what like $500?

Old 12-18-2014, 02:54 PM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

No, its really just user prefrence, vortech kits are like belt driven turbos ( to put it in a easy way) so as ur rpm increases so does ur boost/ power, a roots style blower like what comes with the tork tek kit / cobras has pretty much all there power instantly ( they do build more power as u spin it up but not much more) but for a street car a vortech kit is the way to go cuz like scotty said with street tires u dont need 500 ft/lb at 2k rpm and also the vortechs u basicly drive around like its stock untill u floor it so it gets decent mpg if ur not flooring it/ also roots style blowers ( like tork tek and the 03/04 cobras) they get alot of heat soak which isnt good, i peiced my vortech kit together for 1800 and ill have another 350 in tuning so about 2150 total it can be done just takes patience and scoop up the blower as soon as u see one for a good price

Old 12-18-2014, 02:57 PM   #90
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
No, its really just user prefrence, vortech kits are like belt driven turbos ( to put it in a easy way) so as ur rpm increases so does ur boost/ power, a roots style blower like what comes with the tork tek kit / cobras has pretty much all there power instantly ( they do build more power as u spin it up but not much more) but for a street car a vortech kit is the way to go cuz like scotty said with street tires u dont need 500 ft/lb at 2k rpm and also the vortechs u basicly drive around like its stock untill u floor it so it gets decent mpg if ur not flooring it/ also roots style blowers ( like tork tek and the 03/04 cobras) they get alot of heat soak which isnt good, i peiced my vortech kit together for 1800 and ill have another 350 in tuning so about 2150 total it can be done just takes patience and scoop up the blower as soon as u see one for a good price

There are ways to make the Vortech come on way faster too. Pulley it to 15 or 16 psi and then install a wastegate set for whatever actual PSI you are running, say 10lbs. The blower itself will hit 10lbs way faster but all your motor will ever see is that 10lbs because of said wastegate. This is what the "torque improvement kits" that beefcake sells for the Coyotes are.

Old 12-18-2014, 03:00 PM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

Centri < spray.

Old 12-18-2014, 03:08 PM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
There are ways to make the Vortech come on way faster too. Pulley it to 15 or 16 psi and then install a wastegate set for whatever actual PSI you are running, say 10lbs. The blower itself will hit 10lbs way faster but all your motor will ever see is that 10lbs because of said wastegate. This is what the "torque improvement kits" that beefcake sells for the Coyotes are.

Thats interesting to know never thought of that but it makes perfect sense ^.^

Old 12-18-2014, 03:18 PM   #93
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Centri < spray.

I dont like spray, to much hassle and to many things can go wrong atleast with the blower its consistant plus when ur bottle runs dry my boost will still be pulling 😜 if i was gonna spray id change the intake to a vr jr or something of the nature for the short direct runners to eliminate any distribution issues that u could run into with a decent hit , boost > nitrious not to mention if i was a boosted gsr swapped lil honda hatch makin 350-400 whp i wouldnt give u time to turn ur bottle warmer on and arm ur system...ect be4 i waxed u ( like vin deisel said winning is winning lol)

Old 12-18-2014, 03:21 PM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I dont like spray, to much hassle and to many things can go wrong atleast with the blower its consistant plus when ur bottle runs dry my boost will still be pulling 😜 if i was gonna spray id change the intake to a vr jr or something of the nature for the short direct runners to eliminate any distribution issues that u could run into with a decent hit , boost > nitrious not to mention if i was a boosted gsr swapped lil honda hatch makin 350-400 whp i wouldnt give u time to turn ur bottle warmer on and arm ur system...ect be4 i waxed u ( like vin deisel said winning is winning lol)

You will need alot more than 400 to beat me off the bottle.
And when we do 4 rubs back to back and you get slower and slower every run

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

I don't need time to arm my bottle or warmer either. The secound the ignition is on in my car so is the system

Old 12-18-2014, 03:23 PM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

But all honesty if you run a centri on a 2v have a 50 shot to make up for the tq you do not have

Old 12-18-2014, 03:27 PM   #96
Registered Member
Regular

If you can peace a kit together for the same price thyreaper did, then go that route. Still leaves you plenty to buy a complete fuel system and get tuned

Old 12-18-2014, 06:25 PM   #97
Registered Member
Regular

Lol rap a 400 whp hatch ( talkn about a very light honda) is quicker then u think, they keep in line with litre bikes if built right ( i know someone that owns a 400 whp hatch and also someone that owns a 525 whp hatch im the bastard child out of the bunch and also the slowest , ya a 400 whp stang might not run wit u but a 400 whp honda hatch... Maybe... Then theres always spray for them to, im not a guy that says my buddy this or my buddy that but my original post about 400 whp was meant for a different car not the stang but enough about the honduhs lol, ya the trick to getting a cheap vortech kit is just have the money ready, look around on all the forums/craiglist/ebay and be patient and when u find one capitalize on it and buy it up even if it needs a rebuild its not that expensive its still alot cheaper then a new one, for a guide in what all u need u can go by this http://mustangforums.com/forum/pipes...html?styleid=9 as a guide

Old 12-18-2014, 06:29 PM   #98
Registered Member
Regular

Also rap what do u have anyway im curious lol got a link to ur build or list of mods/whp? U have me curious cuz a 400 whp new edge/sn95 can run with a stock coyote stang as long as they have supporting stuff like suspension 😉

Old 12-18-2014, 06:32 PM   #99
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Lol rap a 400 whp hatch ( talkn about a very light honda) is quicker then u think, they keep in line with litre bikes if built right ( i know someone that owns a 400 whp hatch and also someone that owns a 525 whp hatch im the bastard child out of the bunch and also the slowest , ya a 400 whp stang might not run wit u but a 400 whp honda hatch... Maybe... Then theres always spray for them to, im not a guy that says my buddy this or my buddy that but my original post about 400 whp was meant for a different car not the stang but enough about the honduhs lol, ya the trick to getting a cheap vortech kit is just have the money ready, look around on all the forums/craiglist/ebay and be patient and when u find one capitalize on it and buy it up even if it needs a rebuild its not that expensive its still alot cheaper then a new one, for a guide in what all u need u can go by this http://mustangforums.com/forum/pipes...html?styleid=9 as a guide

I know what you mean bud. Every Mexican in the world out here in SA has a " 10 secound hatch " as they call them. They always say " you ever seen a 10 secound hatch run" they are quick from a dig, but not impressive from a roll

Old 12-18-2014, 06:36 PM   #100
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Also rap what do u have anyway im curious lol got a link to ur build or list of mods/whp? U have me curious cuz a 400 whp new edge/sn95 can run with a stock coyote stang as long as they have supporting stuff like suspension 😉

And I never made a build list, but there is alot of stuff of what my car has in here.

My car is far from stock.
makes a little over 700hp and 750tq on nitrous
And 440 hp and 400 tq on motor.

Old 12-18-2014, 06:43 PM   #101
Registered Member
Regular

E85 questions

Umm then they are bsin? The quick hatch's i know are faster from a roll then a dig, maybe they just bsin u cuz u wax em lol, if u watch a fast honda run the 1/4 there mph is usually really high for the e/t cuz even with boost by gear and slicks and everything they still spin off the line due to the fwd thing, my buddy runs the mph of a low 9 but runs 10.20-10.30s and watching it take off u dont think its gonna run that good till it starts hookin and movin , but anyway nice u have over a 300 hit?.... 2 stage or 3 stage hit? Thats alot to be a single stage hit lol but still i wish i could afford the coyote stang im all for them but im also for going with what u like cuz for the price of a new coyote u can swap in a motor in the new edge, boost it...ect and be faster but the body style i do like them i like all the stang body styles to tell u the truth i use to have a badass fox but it caught fire

Old 12-18-2014, 08:04 PM   #102
Staff
Regular
Staff

Raptor's stages are:

-Light
-Ridiculous
-Ludicrous
-Plaid

Old 12-18-2014, 08:22 PM   #103
Registered Member
Regular

It's not that light lol. Rolls around on 19's and still has factory seats right now.

But everything else had been removed or taken out. Even the felt crap in the wheel wells.

Inside is basic, only giveaway is the gauges

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1418955766430.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	172171  
Old 12-18-2014, 08:36 PM   #104
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Remove sound deadening yet? When I do my seat I'm probably going to pull the carpet at the same time and take out all the sound deadening. Supposedly 50 pounds of it in my car.

HID end all thread
Old 12-18-2014, 08:39 PM   #105
Registered Member
Regular

The stuff in the trunk I did.
Haven't touched thr crap under the carpet. I plan on doing that once I put different seats in the car.

50 pounds is alot bud, I hope I can get that much

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT