Remote start ? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-11-2014, 10:28 PM   #1

Region: California
Remote start ?

Has any one ever tried to do remote start ? I would like to get it done on my 2000 gt ? If any info let me know .

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
00_stangin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2014, 10:41 PM   #2

Region: Nebraska
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00_stangin View Post
Has any one ever tried to do remote start ? I would like to get it done on my 2000 gt ? If any info let me know .

Very interested in how that works on a manual!! I'd also love to do that!

Jonathan7101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 10:47 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan7101 View Post
Very interested in how that works on a manual!! I'd also love to do that!

I found an article! Check it out
http://www.mobileedgeonline.com/can-...-transmission/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2014, 10:50 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
I got remote start installed in my girlfriends 2005 v6 manual. I don't know the specifics on the install but if you want to use the remote start feature, you have to activate it prior to getting out of your car with your car set in neutral. Each time you reach your destination, you have to do this quick setup for it to tell it to engage when you press the remote start button later on.

In her car, once you park, foot on brake, move to neutral, pull e-brake, remove foot from brake, push remote start button on remote and boom. It takes less than a second once you get used to it.

We got a Viper 2-way Remote Start system. Can't remember exact model number. But it's definitely possible to get it installed.
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 10:57 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiESeven View Post
I got remote start installed in my girlfriends 2005 v6 manual. I don't know the specifics on the install but if you want to use the remote start feature, you have to activate it prior to getting out of your car with your car set in neutral. Each time you reach your destination, you have to do this quick setup for it to tell it to engage when you press the remote start button later on.

In her car, once you park, foot on brake, move to neutral, pull e-brake, remove foot from brake, push remote start button on remote and boom. It takes less than a second once you get used to it.

We got a Viper 2-way Remote Start system. Can't remember exact model number. But it's definitely possible to get it installed.

Seems like a simple process! A must look into for someone who has to drive their mustang in the winter! I know I hate getting into freezing leather seats and waiting for it to warm up hahah have a rough approx on about how much itd be? They charge extra for the manual?

Old 12-11-2014, 11:03 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
I can't remember what the cost really is. I used to work at Best Buy and my buddy that worked as the auto tech there was a mustang know-it-all so I bought & installed it there. My discount there was huge and it ended up being dirt cheap (over 70% off the remote start and practically free labor).

This was 2 years ago so I don't remember the actual numbers. On that note, I can also tell you that in the 2 years she's had it, there have been NO issues with it either!
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 11:21 PM   #7

Quote:
I can't remember what the cost really is. I used to work at Best Buy and my buddy that worked as the auto tech there was a mustang know-it-all so I bought & installed it there. My discount there was huge and it ended up being dirt cheap (over 70% off the remote start and practically free labor).

This was 2 years ago so I don't remember the actual numbers. On that note, I can also tell you that in the 2 years she's had it, there have been NO issues with it either!

Awesome, thanks for the info man!

Old 12-11-2014, 11:44 PM   #8

Quote:

Thanks man definitely gonna try it out for sure , should be an easy install rite ?

Old 12-12-2014, 09:23 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

I have a viper alarm with remote start on my manual gt if you do it make sure you don't remote start it in first gear mine went to a fence lol

Lainez1217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 12:36 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lainez1217 View Post
I have a viper alarm with remote start on my manual gt if you do it make sure you don't remote start it in first gear mine went to a fence lol

Hahahaha talk about bad luck!! That's gotta suck!

Old 12-12-2014, 06:24 PM   #11

Region: Canada
You will also need the PATS bypass module, as well as the remote starter kit. Easy install. Ive done a few and im electrically ret*rded.
Old 12-31-2014, 11:04 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
I have heard a lot of horror stories on remote starts not being installed correctly be sure you know who is doing it and if they have to right skill set to do a job like that.
2002gtmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 02:15 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Speaking of the PATS system, how does a tuner turn it off? I'm just wondering because some times mine doesn't recognize my key for a few seconds and it just spins the motor without turning the fuel pump on. most of the time though it fires right up.
Slater2111 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT