Hating on convertibles? - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-18-2014, 09:42 PM   #71
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther140 View Post
I like some loud music every now and then. Im actually going to keep my mach460 stereo in the car just like it is, and then also install my kicker 500 watt amp with 2, 12" MTX 8000 subs. Later on I am going to upgrade to a soundstream 1800 watt amp. Technically its Power Acoustik, but soundstream makes that brand. Like how ford makes the crown vic as well as the grand marquis.

But yeah, Im just going to wire them with speaker level inputs and run the remote wire from the battery to the amp, with a switch that I can reach. That way I can turn the subs off when I get a headache.

For real though, rag top down so my hair can blow, wfo on some back roads, and subs pounding some Ice ice baby when its time to slow down lol.
You're going to have to bypass the entire system just FYI. The wiring for the Mach system doesn't play nice with most standard aftermarket stuff. Good excuse to go with thicker speaker cables and get it all working independent of the rest of the car's electronics IMO.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2014, 10:49 PM   #72
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_james123 View Post
Exactly... I'm pretty sure the stang was convertible from the get go!!

I have a 12' gt vert and love it. First car I bought on my own. I get a lot of crap for the vert at times, it's usually the younger generation. People are just jealous. Baby boomers have always appreciated it. Compliments all day long. They see the 5.0 symbol and hear rumble.
Verts are like motorcycles, it's an experience. Everyone that has talked down on a vert and been in my car on a warm summer night end up saying it's pretty nice.
Nothing beats a road trip with music on, top down. And enjoying the liberating feeling.
I know it's Personal taste definitely. I'd like to ask why don't folks like the verts and if so is it from experience or just because...?? Gotta try it I'd like to think.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

My thoughts exactly!
Old 12-18-2014, 11:06 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
You're going to have to bypass the entire system just FYI. The wiring for the Mach system doesn't play nice with most standard aftermarket stuff. Good excuse to go with thicker speaker cables and get it all working independent of the rest of the car's electronics IMO.
No Im going to keep my head unit and everything the way it is, but I am just going to tap into the speaker signal wires and splice the speaker wire into RCA and plug it into the amp. THat way the speaker wires that are sending signal to the speaker are also sending signal to my subwoofer amp. The sub then picks which frequencies to play based on your settings.

Im happy with the system the way it is now I just want to throw subs on top of it for when cruising Beachfront avenue and I need to attract those ladies with less than bikinis on.
Panther140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2014, 02:47 AM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I like some loud music every now and then. Im actually going to keep my mach460 stereo in the car just like it is, and then also install my kicker 500 watt amp with 2, 12" MTX 8000 subs. Later on I am going to upgrade to a soundstream 1800 watt amp. Technically its Power Acoustik, but soundstream makes that brand. Like how ford makes the crown vic as well as the grand marquis.

But yeah, Im just going to wire them with speaker level inputs and run the remote wire from the battery to the amp, with a switch that I can reach. That way I can turn the subs off when I get a headache.

For real though, rag top down so my hair can blow, wfo on some back roads, and subs pounding some Ice ice baby when its time to slow down lol.

when you buy the power acoustic amp it will come with a bass knob that will allow you to control just how much bass feeds into the subs, you can virtually turn the subs off and on just by adjusting it. just tape or screw it down within arms reach of you. beats potentially blowing a fuse by turning current off and on to the amp.

Riverdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 04:17 AM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
I had a convertible GT that I used as a DD for several years. It was terrible in the winter months but awesome in the summer. I never had a single negative comment though and it was a girl magnet. Maybe its time to find some new friends who are not so stupid.
Old 12-19-2014, 05:54 AM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Its stereotypical for people to think that guys with verts are either making up for what they dont have or are a$$holes..... Imo thats just ridiculous im not a vert owner and no intentions on getting one but i can appreciate a badass vert stang or any other badass vert for all that goes but i guess thats just the car guy in me and my love for cars, but ive been around ppl that are biased and when they say something bad about a sick'd out vert we instantly start arguing lol, my opinion is this : if you love your car and it is a vert then the hell with everyone else you didnt get ur car to make them happy u got it for you so they can just be jealous as they ride there bicycle or drive there Prius lol

thyreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 07:53 AM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Convertibles are soooo ugly on s197s 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Naturally Aspirated Is Lyfe
Laquisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 08:02 AM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Hating on convertibles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thyreaper View Post
Its stereotypical for people to think that guys with verts are either making up for what they dont have or are a$$holes..... Imo thats just ridiculous im not a vert owner and no intentions on getting one but i can appreciate a badass vert stang or any other badass vert for all that goes but i guess thats just the car guy in me and my love for cars, but ive been around ppl that are biased and when they say something bad about a sick'd out vert we instantly start arguing lol, my opinion is this : if you love your car and it is a vert then the hell with everyone else you didnt get ur car to make them happy u got it for you so they can just be jealous as they ride there bicycle or drive there Prius lol

I never said that guys who own convertibles are a$$holes or are making up for anything! Let's get that straight! I said they were feminine! They are like pink shirts not every dude can pull them off...especially when lacking adequate stereo equipment for cruising. 😃

dave73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 08:41 AM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Hating on convertibles?

My question is for convertibles though is once you add a few braces and some weld in sub frames. Will the coupe with the same mods outperform a vert? Or is the vert still going to flex more because of less structure?

Oxford White Roush Stage 1 SN# 6925--SOLD but never forgotten!
Kona Blue GT premium - Slammed on BC's and BMR's full rear suspension
The_Chech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 09:55 AM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Hating on convertibles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave73 View Post
I never said that guys who own convertibles are a$$holes or are making up for anything! Let's get that straight! I said they were feminine! They are like pink shirts not every dude can pull them off...especially when lacking adequate stereo equipment for cruising. 😃

The stock sound system is all I need. Last thing I want is my trunk rattling like some kid that wears his pants down at his ankles. 😃
dj_james123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 10:32 AM   #81
twk
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_james123 View Post
The stock sound system is all I need. Last thing I want is my trunk rattling like some kid that wears his pants down at his ankles. 😃
Absolutely!
twk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 12:47 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingstrider View Post
I had a convertible GT that I used as a DD for several years. It was terrible in the winter months but awesome in the summer. I never had a single negative comment though and it was a girl magnet. Maybe its time to find some new friends who are not so stupid.
Haha yeah the **** talkers are my co workers. Its slim pickings for intelligent people around my small town anyways tho lol. And they drive straight up beater boxes. Im gonna go with they are jeleous. They both love stangs and talk a big game, but then they don't do ****. THey just talk about "oh my friends cousin has a badder assed stang than that one." or "My dad had one a while ago that was cooler". Well ****ing cool. My grandpa drives a Maserati and I don't talk **** about anybody's cars because of it.
Old 12-19-2014, 12:55 PM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Hating on convertibles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave73 View Post

I never said that YOU said it , i said ive been around people that have...
And that its stereotypical

thyreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 12:58 PM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by thyreaper View Post
I never said that YOU said it , i said ive been around people that have...
And that its stereotypical

Lol just kidding anyway!

dave73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 11:50 AM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

hey my trunk rattles with all that bass 3600 watt 12 sub but thats y you put Styrofoam in between your plate and trunk duhhh and then the whole rest of the car vibrates plus free massage
yellowconve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 12:58 PM   #86
twk
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

I just have to laugh at the morons that blast out their bass and you hear the rattles and buzzing coming out from the car. I suppose they can't hear the rattles and buzzing inside, but the rest of us get to shake our heads and fell sorry the idiot that thinks he's got a killer "radio". If only they knew the embarrassment they are missing out on.
Old 12-20-2014, 01:08 PM   #87
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Hating on convertibles?

I always laugh when I see someone with huge subs in their car so the trunk is sitting down a bit on the springs. And then the person also tries to act like their car is fast with a few extra hundred pounds weighing them down lol.

Stock Mach 460 is perfect for me, I don't need anymore.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 01:50 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Oh it's even worse when your stuck on the highway on a nice day and you have to listen to that stupid rattle throughout traffic. Like can they even here themselves think....Are they even thinking...lol

I know there's probably a good sound system and then a cheap car rattling annoying my brain system..

dj_james123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 02:38 PM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

gota love tha bass so loud it shakes your trunk tighten that p.o.s cars parts u got b4 i rattle them loose again.
Old 12-20-2014, 03:00 PM   #90
ME Bloodhound
Staff

I'd rather go fast then make everyone else around me just hear thump thump thump thump.

It has it's moments. My friend in high school had 2 15s in his Camry that we plasti dipped blue lmao. Interesting car.

HID end all thread
Old 12-20-2014, 03:12 PM   #91
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Haha I had two 12s in one of my Mustangs but I only had them because one of my roomates sold me the box and them brand new Sony Xplods before they were ****ty. He melted the coils being a moron and they were somehow warrantied so they were new. Pioneer headunit, pioneer speakers and a floor model Kicker amp for the subs. Kept the bass set to a mild level and was good. I also very often never had the radio on and just listened to the full longtubed/offroad exhaust and cammed motor just rumble.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 03:16 PM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
I'd rather go fast then make everyone else around me just hear thump thump thump thump.

It has it's moments. My friend in high school had 2 15s in his Camry that we plasti dipped blue lmao. Interesting car.

well not necessarily thats y i got my convetible for going slow cruizing with the top dropped and bass and music blaring picking up chicks ......now i wouldnt rather go fast at that point . but thats also what my 2014 is for so after you go slow and get the girls throw them in my 2014 and then i can drive fast and i get the best of both worlds
Old 12-20-2014, 03:33 PM   #93
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowconve View Post
well not necessarily thats y i got my convetible for going slow cruizing with the top dropped and bass and music blaring picking up chicks ......now i wouldnt rather go fast at that point . but thats also what my 2014 is for so after you go slow and get the girls throw them in my 2014 and then i can drive fast and i get the best of both worlds

Girls around here don't really seem interested in bass. I've noticed they are more interested in the stance scene. Looks like I'll be single for a while lol

HID end all thread
Old 12-20-2014, 03:48 PM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

u still got a baddass car tho bro
Old 12-20-2014, 04:36 PM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Women aren't really that interested in bass or what your car really is to be honest. Maybe the ones in the fast and furious movies are, lol. Or Maybe It's women who are still in high-school that could be impressed by that stuff?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Follow on Instagram @steviesstangs
15% off waxgods.com use code: manic15
10% off toplabel.com use code: Manic10
Steve96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 05:41 PM   #96
Registered Member
Regular

Convertibles are great for cruising although I personally don't like how they look with the top up. I think the main reason performance oriented guys stay away from them are 1 because there heavier and 2 they weigh more. I mean the 2015s added like 70 pounds and people are freaking out.

StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 05:47 PM   #97
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarzTA17 View Post
Convertibles are great for cruising although I personally don't like how they look with the top up. I think the main reason performance oriented guys stay away from them are 1 because there heavier and 2 they weigh more. I mean the 2015s added like 70 pounds and people are freaking out.

So since 1 and 2 are the same I guess there is only one reason?

2012 Grabber Blue Mustang Convertible V6 Premium
1979 Solar Gold Trans Am
1995 Bright Red Trans Am Convertible
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 07:18 PM   #98
Road Trip!
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberMeBlue View Post
So since 1 and 2 are the same I guess there is only one reason?
I noticed that too 😆😂
Joser714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 07:24 PM   #99
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Girls around here don't really seem interested in bass. I've noticed they are more interested in the stance scene. Looks like I'll be single for a while lol

What is this "stance scene" that you speak of?
Is it something that I can buy or am I stuck with what I already have?
Like my looks and personality...
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 08:42 PM   #100
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
You just strike a pose and hold it while your buddy snaps a couple quick pics^^^ lol

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Follow on Instagram @steviesstangs
15% off waxgods.com use code: manic15
10% off toplabel.com use code: Manic10
Steve96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 10:07 PM   #101

Region: South Carolina
Honestly I mostly see women driving convertibles but some men drive them so to each his own. I own a 2014 GT base and the wife use to own a convertible but it's really only good for a couple of months in the south before the heat makes you put it up.

You can't really listen to what people say or their opinions. You have to live your own life and be happy with your purchase.
Old 12-20-2014, 11:52 PM   #102
twk
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Many many years ago I rented a convertible. It was one of those front drive K-cars. What a POS! and I mean a POS. Is there a setting above all caps? Anyway, being a 'vert almost made it worth while. I was hooked and wanted a 'vert ever since. One day I was able to buy one. I'm on my second one now, and if I loose this one, I'll get a third.

Yeah, the heat in FL (I lived in FL for 3 years) can be bad enough that you don't want the top down. Same with NC weather. Warm/hot nights make for the best topless cruising weather. You can't beat the night time visibility with the top down. Luckily, I usually work 3 to 11 PM and get to drive home in the dark with the top down. Oh yeah!
Old 12-21-2014, 07:08 PM   #103
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by twk View Post
I just have to laugh at the morons that blast out their bass and you hear the rattles and buzzing coming out from the car. I suppose they can't hear the rattles and buzzing inside, but the rest of us get to shake our heads and fell sorry the idiot that thinks he's got a killer "radio". If only they knew the embarrassment they are missing out on.
There is such a thing as a car audio enthusiast, and a lot goes into making a stereo sound good. And yeah **** is going to rattle when you have a high powered stereo.

You know there are people who look at car enthusiasts and go "wow what a bunch of dip ****s with their gas guzzlers and loud pipes, I wish they knew how dumb they looked. THey are clearly compensating for a small penis." Theres people who like stereos just like we like cars, and as long as they are courteous with them and don't disturb people with them, who cares
Old 12-21-2014, 07:10 PM   #104
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
There is such a thing as a car audio enthusiast, and a lot goes into making a stereo sound good. And yeah **** is going to rattle when you have a high powered stereo.

You know there are people who look at car enthusiasts and go "wow what a bunch of dip ****s with their gas guzzlers and loud pipes, I wish they knew how dumb they looked. THey are clearly compensating for a small penis." Theres people who like stereos just like we like cars, and as long as they are courteous with them and don't disturb people with them, who cares

+1

Riverdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 07:21 PM   #105
Registered Member
Regular

Hating on convertibles?

For the record, I have never seen a girl who owned a manual trans mustang GT. Vert or not. If anything, its a mid-life crisis car. If you talk **** about a car only because its a vert, then you're probably just a spiteful/jeleous person, or you are just an *** hole.

How to make any car hater proof:

1.) Work out a lot and get muscular. (check)
2.) Have a hot girl in the passenger seat (check)
3.) Drag radials
4.) Nitrous
5.) Hand gun on the dash board.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT