Okay Get a Your Slide Rules Out - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-17-2014, 03:42 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Okay Get a Your Slide Rules Out

Dating myself I guess but I need you to look at my post at " Best Mod You Have Done To your Mustang " and give me an idea of about what speed I will run in my 04 GT running 1/2 a Mile from a standing start. Reaction time is not a factor here because top speed is the goal and you are either waved off or a green light is turned on to leave. While you are in the thinking and calculating mode what E.T. and speed do you think it will run in both the 1/8TH and 1/4 Mile. I know you are thinking I bet he can't drive, I have been dragracing since 1969 in probably fifteen different cars and my reaction time is still about like it was back in those days. Parkinson's and R.A. make my legs weak and hurt like hell and I know when I am going to have a bad day and I don't drive at all on those days. From 71 through 73 I drove a 69 Plymouth Satellite with a 440 Wedge Engine for a Dodge and Plymouth dealer. We would change the fuel delivery around to run in several different classes. My Brother Barry who was my crew chief says we used to run in the low 11's so if I had my afternoon nap I am not usually asleep on the line. I also hold six landspeed records on one mile airport runway tracks. The one that means the most to me was a six year old record that I broke on the Maxton Mile in Maxton, North Carolina. Speed trials are no longer held at Maxton and the records are sealed, some of you may have heard of The Mile. It was a two mile military runway built with concrete that was poured in 1942. It had never been reported and there wasn't a single pothole but it had dozens and dozens of potups they get lots of snow there and extremely cold temps. The entire 1.9 miles was almost solid with 2" to 3" high concrete patches. At 140 MPH you hardly noticed it, no I take that back I was only running around 127 at that time and at about half track there was a pretty significant dogleg in the track why I don't know because the land all around was flat but it made for an exciting ride!
Landspeedracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2014, 04:47 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Well, I'll take a stab at the quarter mile number... You're not going to like it!
I think that you will be in the high 13's and trap slightly above 100 mph. At close to sea-level.

You are going to need to supercharge your car to get where you were at with the large displacement, N/A pushrod engines.

I'll be interested to see how your car does N/A in the half and mile.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 04:51 PM   #3
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landspeedracer View Post
Dating myself I guess but I need you to look at my post at " Best Mod You Have Done To your Mustang " and give me an idea of about what speed I will run in my 04 GT running 1/2 a Mile from a standing start. Reaction time is not a factor here because top speed is the goal and you are either waved off or a green light is turned on to leave. While you are in the thinking and calculating mode what E.T. and speed do you think it will run in both the 1/8TH and 1/4 Mile. I know you are thinking I bet he can't drive, I have been dragracing since 1969 in probably fifteen different cars and my reaction time is still about like it was back in those days. Parkinson's and R.A. make my legs weak and hurt like hell and I know when I am going to have a bad day and I don't drive at all on those days. From 71 through 73 I drove a 69 Plymouth Satellite with a 440 Wedge Engine for a Dodge and Plymouth dealer. We would change the fuel delivery around to run in several different classes. My Brother Barry who was my crew chief says we used to run in the low 11's so if I had my afternoon nap I am not usually asleep on the line. I also hold six landspeed records on one mile airport runway tracks. The one that means the most to me was a six year old record that I broke on the Maxton Mile in Maxton, North Carolina. Speed trials are no longer held at Maxton and the records are sealed, some of you may have heard of The Mile. It was a two mile military runway built with concrete that was poured in 1942. It had never been reported and there wasn't a single pothole but it had dozens and dozens of potups they get lots of snow there and extremely cold temps. The entire 1.9 miles was almost solid with 2" to 3" high concrete patches. At 140 MPH you hardly noticed it, no I take that back I was only running around 127 at that time and at about half track there was a pretty significant dogleg in the track why I don't know because the land all around was flat but it made for an exciting ride!
Don't worry Stray likes to stab dreams and hope

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws, Jlt Series 3, Bama 91r tune
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2014, 04:59 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
Don't worry Stray likes to stab dreams and hope

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws, Jlt Series 3, Bama 91r tune
Hey!?!
That's not fair!

I'm a realist...
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 05:11 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Hey that's okay, I will take 13.80's in the quarter mile. That's kind of where it felt like I would be but I don't know about the half mile. I would like to think and hope for 130 to 135 MPH..
Opinions?
Landspeedracer is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT