Hurst Mach 1 Project - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-29-2014, 03:19 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Hurst Mach 1 Project

Hey everyone. I recently decided to buy my first car. Now I've always had a place in my heart for new edge because my best friend had a 2004 yellow GT (manual, of course) But a GT wasn't enough. So, my eyes set on a 2004 Black Mach 1. The car is currently tinted windows with stock rims. But I've always love cars but even more than that, I've loved custom cars. Not so much hot rods and chopped up cars, but daily drivers. Cars that look sweet, drive well and have a little something under the hood. So as my first "build" I thought why not go with a classic company on a new school car. Basically all I wanted to do would be a Hurst short throw shifter and a set of Hurst wheels. I love the look of the wheels on the car and think it would be a cool project for my first car. Not too much but enough to make it mine. So I was wondering I guess what everyone thinks and if anyone has a Hurst shifter in their new edge GT/Mach 1?

Best Wishes,
-Dylan
nelly012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2014, 05:49 PM   #2
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Sounds like a good plan except the Hurst shifter is just average for these cars. Unless you have to have that look with the shifter arm and t handle, get a mgw. Also it never stops at jest a few mods lol.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 07:07 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
For what it's worth, my buddy had an 03 GT with a Hurst shifter and then changed it out to a MGW. The shift quality on the MGW is noticibly nicer. I'm saving for one right now to replace the stock shifter in my 02.
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2014, 07:08 PM   #4
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
MGW all the way.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 09:41 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattsGT View Post
For what it's worth, my buddy had an 03 GT with a Hurst shifter and then changed it out to a MGW. The shift quality on the MGW is noticibly nicer. I'm saving for one right now to replace the stock shifter in my 02.

Same here I'll be saving my pennies for an MGW. Drove a buddies 03 that had a steeda triax or what ever it's called then drove my friends 04 with the MGW and oh goodness that thing was like butter.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Oxford White Roush Stage 1 SN# 6925--SOLD but never forgotten!
Kona Blue GT premium - Slammed on BC's and BMR's full rear suspension
The_Chech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 10:05 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Well ive only drove using the stock shifter so i have no experience with MGW or Hurst but i know the Hurst name. Now i dont plan of taking it to the track much, if at all. I live in a part of ohio that is very hilly and this would be mainly as a show/daily driver from about March- April. But the reason i thought about hurst shifter was i thought it would be cool to stick with Hurst because i also LOVE the Dazzler wheels on the black.
nelly012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 10:08 PM   #7
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelly012 View Post
Well ive only drove using the stock shifter so i have no experience with MGW or Hurst but i know the Hurst name. Now i dont plan of taking it to the track much, if at all. I live in a part of ohio that is very hilly and this would be mainly as a show/daily driver from about March- April. But the reason i thought about hurst shifter was i thought it would be cool to stick with Hurst because i also LOVE the Dazzler wheels on the black.

That's it. All hurst has is their name. I don't even know why it's so popular.

Notice everyone on this thread has said MGW, that should definitely say more than just a companies name.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 12:08 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
MGW!!

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Follow on Instagram @steviesstangs
15% off waxgods.com use code: manic15
10% off toplabel.com use code: Manic10
Steve96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 06:51 AM   #9
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Yeah people know the Hurst name. They make good automatic ratchet shifters still but that's pretty much it. Their manual shifters have been simple upgraded stock shifters for a long time now. The MGW is much much better. As far as the wheels, as long as they are the correct offset and backspacing they'll be fine.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 02:54 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Go with what makes you happy but if you want to have a performer and not a looker the go with a better company than Hurst.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT