Replacing the whole rear fender - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-04-2015, 03:09 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Replacing the whole rear fender

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1420362500.074009.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	172846

Can anyone put a link to where I can replace this whole rear fender, where it attaches to the quarter panel as well?? Please I need to replace it soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
joe_117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2015, 03:24 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
A body shop could fix that up no pronlem. Why do you want a whole new quarter panel?
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 10:07 AM   #3
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Its all one piece. Gots to take it to a body shop or get someone out there who can do body work.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2015, 12:26 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
It's hard to tell from the pic but the damage to that quarter panel looks like it is repairable.
The quarter panel is not bolted to the body of the car... It is spot welded and is a pretty big job to replace.
One of my cars needs the drivers side replaced. I'm going to have a body shop do the work but I searched on the internet for a replacement and I couldn't find the quarter panel either. The body shop assured me that a factory replacement is available from Ford.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 01:10 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
a body shop can fix that no prob and cheaper that ordering and repainting it at the ,bodyshop any way. i live next to one and i go by help out every now and then and ive seen way worse get fixed . lol
yellowconve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 01:37 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Ouch
Old 01-04-2015, 01:50 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Umm ya. pull the qtr panel and do the body work. if u bring it to a shop and ask for a all new qtr panel they will either A. laugh u out of there, B. charge u so much its sad. I've work at a shop, owned a shop and done tons of write cars, full qtr panel is not needed
dinobike19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 01:51 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Go old school and sweat some lead in it ๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜›

one day i hope to have something pretty damn witty here
jake01roushv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 01:56 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

this is a front fender. goes in about 8". pulled and fixed painted in about 5 hrs. if it was on a rear qtr and wanted the whole qtr replaced it would be about 20hrs at least
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_4318.JPG
Views:	98
Size:	1.13 MB
ID:	172872   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4322.JPG
Views:	101
Size:	1.46 MB
ID:	172873  

Old 01-04-2015, 02:02 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1420401693.759876.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	172874

Hard to tell but see where the quarter panel is suppose to be? Well it has a dent in that spot, plus the other place where I showed you guys earlier.

So my best bet is to just go to a shop and them fix that whole thing?....

Old 01-04-2015, 02:05 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

bring it to a good shop. they will be able to pull anything back in to place, install a new light, and panel the qtr. being a little older they might have to blend the color into the rear bumper. its very fixable
Old 01-04-2015, 02:12 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinobike19 View Post
bring it to a good shop. they will be able to pull anything back in to place, install a new light, and panel the qtr. being a little older they might have to blend the color into the rear bumper. its very fixable

I plan on fully restoring this car before I mod it. I want this car looking good. You know how much it will be??? Any idea?

Old 01-04-2015, 02:16 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

No, prices vary from area to area. go to a few places and get some estimates. it will be cheaper then replacing the whole qtr, and replacing the whole qtr can lead to more issues done the road. ei: spot welds rusting.
Old 01-04-2015, 02:18 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinobike19 View Post
No, prices vary from area to area. go to a few places and get some estimates. it will be cheaper then replacing the whole qtr, and replacing the whole qtr can lead to more issues done the road. ei: spot welds rusting.

I'm not gonna like this! Lol il get back to you and everyone else on what's going to happen

Old 01-04-2015, 02:51 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

The quarter panel is that whole piece from the back of the door to the tail light, I think that you are referring to the side scoop.
Yes. I can see by that other photo that the quarter panel is pushed WAY out of shape! It's almost as if someone has already pulled it out as best as they could.
Go to a body shop (Or a couple) and have them assess the damage.
The quarter panel on my car is going to be around $3,000 to repair.
Old 01-04-2015, 03:23 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
I think a body Shop is the way to go on this.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Follow on Instagram @steviesstangs
15% off waxgods.com use code: manic15
10% off toplabel.com use code: Manic10
Steve96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 04:14 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
The quarter panel is that whole piece from the back of the door to the tail light, I think that you are referring to the side scoop.

Yes. I can see by that other photo that the quarter panel is pushed WAY out of shape! It's almost as if someone has already pulled it out as best as they could.

Go to a body shop (Or a couple) and have them assess the damage.

The quarter panel on my car is going to be around $3,000 to repair.

$3,000?!?!

Old 01-04-2015, 04:32 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_117 View Post
$3,000?!?!

Yep. And that was the low estimate.
I'm going to do most of the disassembly and reassembly myself so hopefully I can get it done for less.
The only reason that I'm going to repair the car is that it is a clean titled, True Blue Bullitt that I got a good enough deal on where I can easily have all of the damage repaired and still not be "upside down" on the car.
Old 01-04-2015, 11:18 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah it seems to have anything done anymore will cost you at least 1500. Have to make it worth their while.

Old 01-05-2015, 12:42 AM   #20
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Go to a junk yard and get one off a wrecked car if it's in tact. Then just send it in for paint and swap it out yourself.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 02:24 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Go to a junk yard and get one off a wrecked car if it's in tact. Then just send it in for paint and swap it out yourself.

I want to do that. I have a wrecked 2000 v6. It's gold lol, but the thing is I don't know if the installation could be done by me

Old 01-05-2015, 03:41 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post

Haha.
Travis could do that!

Most of us who aren't being paid to do that kind of work find that it is very tedious and frustrating... Rather quickly!
I watched some videos on replacing the quarter panel, and actually went and looked at one being replaced. Its doable, but like dino said, its going to take a hell of a lot of time. And I'd rather not spend my time learning a skill that I'll, hopefully, never use again... Not at my age, anyway! lol.

There are some options though, Joe. You could work out a deal with a body shop where you remove as many parts as you can (ie. Interior/exterior parts) and just have them do the body work and paint, and then you do the final assembly.
If you have the time, and there is a community college in your area that has a automotive/body repair program, you might consider taking a class and doing the repair there, if they will let you work on your own car.

Go shop around for some estimates at local body shops. Like dino said, prices can vary regionally. Just try to find shops that do quality work!
Old 01-05-2015, 08:07 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
Haha.

Travis could do that!

Most of us who aren't being paid to do that kind of work find that it is very tedious and frustrating... Rather quickly!

I watched some videos on replacing the quarter panel, and actually went and looked at one being replaced. Its doable, but like dino said, its going to take a hell of a lot of time. And I'd rather not spend my time learning a skill that I'll, hopefully, never use again... Not at my age, anyway! lol.

There are some options though, Joe. You could work out a deal with a body shop where you remove as many parts as you can (ie. Interior/exterior parts) and just have them do the body work and paint, and then you do the final assembly.

If you have the time, and there is a community college in your area that has a automotive/body repair program, you might consider taking a class and doing the repair there, if they will let you work on your own car.

Go shop around for some estimates at local body shops. Like dino said, prices can vary regionally. Just try to find shops that do quality work!

Man I just don't know what to do๐Ÿ˜Œ. I may just leave it at there till school is out! I'm still in high school

Old 01-05-2015, 12:43 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
i know they keyed my new 2014 and i left it that way. it still works and gets me around its just a cosmetic thing plus if im going to pay anything over 1500 ima wait till it completely needs to be replaced so if your bumper or quarter panel stays on and isn't scrapping floor you might find out you notice the bent quarter panel less than you would notice 3000.00 dollars missing from your young high school wallet which i know is not easy just got over about the same thing bro.
yellowconve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 07:06 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowconve View Post
i know they keyed my new 2014 and i left it that way. it still works and gets me around its just a cosmetic thing plus if im going to pay anything over 1500 ima wait till it completely needs to be replaced so if your bumper or quarter panel stays on and isn't scrapping floor you might find out you notice the bent quarter panel less than you would notice 3000.00 dollars missing from your young high school wallet which i know is not easy just got over about the same thing bro.

Dude exactly, I don't like looking at it but it looks good other than that spot. And engine and transmission runs fine. I'm not even gonna worry about it until it has to be replaced๐Ÿ˜Š

Old 01-05-2015, 07:45 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

In the meantime keep your eye out for a doner panel, Craigslist, junkyards etc. Maybe even get lucky and find one the same color.

Old 01-05-2015, 08:36 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve96 View Post
In the meantime keep your eye out for a doner panel, Craigslist, junkyards etc. Maybe even get lucky and find one the same color.

Mineral gray is hard to come through ๐Ÿ˜ญ. But most defiantly man. Just trying focus on my suspension, exhaust as of now.

Old 01-06-2015, 07:51 AM   #28
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Its going to need paintwork regardless, I'd just go find a clean donor piece off of one of the bazillion JY cars and go with that. Any model will work.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT