Trade for audi a4? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-22-2015, 02:35 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Trade for audi a4?

someone wants to trade me a 04 audi a4 1.8t auto with 144k miles i have 00 gt with a few aftermarket parts ..373 gear ... Pro 5.0 shifter upper lower control arms its lowered cobra r wheels... cAI .. Tuner ... Along with maintenance new manifold plugs and coils. I like a4s for normal driving but i dont know i figured id ask for peoples opinions
samcrored is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2015, 02:42 PM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
Don't do it. Those Audis are high maintenance cars. If something breaks it's expensive.

If there's one thing I know it's Popsicles!
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 02:47 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Yeh i figures ive had a few vw gtis and they were expensive enough themselves . Guess im just looking for a decent nice daily driver
samcrored is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2015, 02:50 PM   #4
Road Trip!
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Recon View Post
Don't do it. Those Audis are high maintenance cars. If something breaks it's expensive.

I second this. My girls brother has an audi and its costing him more to fix than what its worth since his tranny went and other misc parts like hazing headlights and keeping the much nicer leather in perfect condition and tires
Joser714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 02:56 PM   #5
Registered Member

Regular

I own an 03 Audi v6 Quattro. They are great cars but the only thing is if anything breaks it's expensive. For example:
I bought mine with a broken engine. The timing belt needs changing at 90k miles and mine didn't have it changed; it broke at 107k miles. I bought the car because the job of buying and replacing the engine was more than what the car is worth. It takes 25 hours to take the engine out of the car, basically the only way to get it out is to take the entire front of the car off. At my shop we recently replaced a 1.8 turbo in an a4 and it was just as bad.

Old 01-22-2015, 02:59 PM   #6
Registered Member

Regular

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1421960323.842312.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	174024
This is the only picture I have of it. Only problem is the car is over 850 miles from me.

Old 01-22-2015, 03:03 PM   #7
Registered Member

Regular

But if you live in the northern states those Quattro cars are beasts when it comes to snow and ice. It does better than my 2000 Silverado Z71 4x4 in the snow, to a certain point.

Old 01-22-2015, 03:08 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Audi is definitely a high price car regarding maintenance and repairs. You can AT LEAST double what it costs to fix on the Stang. Besides... it is a Stang!!! lol. Great looking car btw
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 03:11 PM   #9
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaplesStang View Post
Audi is definitely a high price car regarding maintenance and repairs. You can AT LEAST double what it costs to fix on the Stang. Besides... it is a Stang!!! lol. Great looking car btw

Thanks but I rarely drive it
Ps I'm very close to Naples, FL

Old 01-22-2015, 09:15 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Trade for audi a4?

German cars maintenance alone is not worth it. Especially that mileage. Once you go American you never go back.

Don't get me wrong my gt has had it's fair share of money dumped to repair. But my valve cover gasket repair on my 335i was easily a lot more than all that put together. There leasing cars. Period.

Speaking from personal experience every week will be something new. And expensive at that.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
alecas447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 09:18 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Thanks but I rarely drive it
Ps I'm very close to Naples, FL

I miss naples.

P.S I lived there for 10 years I am now in Hialeah

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
alecas447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 09:20 PM   #12
Registered Member

Regular

Trade for audi a4?

I'm in englewood until March. Doctor's orders take a long vacation. Been here since dec. 30 and can't leave until March 30.
I'm farther than I thought, maybe 75 miles away I'm 10 miles east of port Charlotte.

Many seek good nights and loose good days...
Old 01-22-2015, 10:37 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
Oh hell no don't do it. I had an 03 A4 1.8T. You will regret it trust me.
Waylap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 01:15 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
No way in hell I would suggest a car like that. Audis, BMWs, and Volvos are all bad news. I have had german cars and I will say that they are nightmares to own. That audi will leave you stranded more than any other car you could buy, and it will be big bucks to fix any time it does break (which is once a week). Never ever ever buy a german car unless its brand new and you plan to get rid of it in 5 years or less. You have a car that is better in performance, reliability, and looks than that audi ever could be
Panther140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 01:44 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm in englewood until March. Doctor's orders take a long vacation. Been here since dec. 30 and can't leave until March 30.
I'm farther than I thought, maybe 75 miles away I'm 10 miles east of port Charlotte.

Many seek good nights and loose good days...
Doctors orders that you hang out in Cali? Did he write you a prescription? Could I get my health insurance to cover a trip to mexico or go on a cruise? lol
Old 01-23-2015, 01:48 AM   #16
Registered Member

Regular

Cali no it's Florida and no he didn't write me a prescription. I've been sick for 6 years and colder weather doesn't help at all. That's why I'm in Florida. Plus haven't had a vacation from work in 3 years. So I'm down here for 3 months.

After all is said and done, more is said than done...
Old 01-23-2015, 01:51 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Cali no it's Florida and no he didn't write me a prescription. I've been sick for 6 years and colder weather doesn't help at all. That's why I'm in Florida. Plus haven't had a vacation from work in 3 years. So I'm down here for 3 months.

Oh Im sorry to hear that you've been sick that long :/ Im glad you are where you need to be to accommodate that. I just had to try and get a kick of a doctor ordering that even though its serious. My doctors orders are usually "Stay off that damn dirt bike now this is the 3rd time ive put a cast on you this year!!!" Such a contrast lol.
Old 01-23-2015, 01:53 AM   #18
Registered Member

Regular

Trade for audi a4?

Picture this eat 6 full meals a day and weigh 125lbs and I'm 6'3.
I'm not an Anorexic or what ever it's called but I have a stomach related condition. I call it that because every doctor (50+) I've seen have a different opinion on what it is. Basically I've been nauseated at least once a day for the past 6 years. The early years it was after every meal. It's nearly killed me (I mean I'm at the hospital and they send my religious practitioners to pray for me because they think I'm going to die) on a couple of occasions. A comforting fact the docs gave me is I've already vomited more than an average person will in their lifetime when I was 17.

Old 01-23-2015, 09:38 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

My buddy has something extremely similar. Except his prevents him from eating 99% of foods. Symptoms sound the same along with the nausea. He also got the squirts every day all day. I don't remember what it was. But he's on a very very strict diet of no gluten, eggs, dairy, starch or whey protein. That usually keeps him under control. Sorry to get off topic. But his condition sounds similar.

Sent from the mothership.
Slater2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 10:09 AM   #20
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slater2111 View Post
My buddy has something extremely similar. Except his prevents him from eating 99% of foods. Symptoms sound the same along with the nausea. He also got the squirts every day all day. I don't remember what it was. But he's on a very very strict diet of no gluten, eggs, dairy, starch or whey protein. That usually keeps him under control. Sorry to get off topic. But his condition sounds similar.

I'm like that I've got a very low number of foods that don't get me sick. But that number is getting smaller and smaller. But docs say that I'm probably going to have this for the rest of my life.

Old 01-23-2015, 12:07 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

I know he will be. He can't eat anywhere and all his food has to be prepared separately with special ingredients. It really sucks and I hope they find out what's wrong

Slater2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 12:52 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
I came from an Audi(05 S4). During a COLD winter I blew a hose from my power steering, ended up costing around 3k. Now I loved that car and it never really did me wrong besides power steering and the oil consumption(that engine was known for it if previous owners beat on it cold), but out of warranty those types of cars are expensive. Audi's AWD is amazing even with almost bald all seasons I would fly past everyone in bad conditions, and the car was easy to correct if did slide and I never felt nervous or worried behind the wheel. My brothers BMW crapped out on him around 150k and after paying the dealership several thousand they still couldn't permanently fix his problem so he bought a new car. To wrap up, they are super nice cars but I wont own any German cars out of warranty unless I have money to blow
Grimkreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 01:23 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
A friend and I pulled the engine and trans from his B6 A4 1.8T then replaced the timing belt, clutch and transmission (6spd) in like 9 hours start to finish. It actually wasn't all that bad.

Audi lists insane amounts of labor time for service. I think just changing brake pads is listed at something like a 4 hour job, which realistically takes 30 - 45 minutes. I think just replacing the clutch in his car was supposed to be a 12 or 18 hour job and we did it in about half the time.

I remember when I owned my MB E55 AMG, everyone told me it costs so much money to work on and parts are crazy expensive. In reality, that car was built to be worked on. It was like it was built with common sense, I have never worked on a vehicle that was so intuitive. As for parts, the OEM parts weren't any more expensive than similar OEM parts from GM, Ford, Chrysler or the Japanese brands.

While we are talking about German brands, BMW's are just plain junk.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT