Improved power - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-01-2015, 09:16 PM   #36
Registered Member

Region: Kentucky
The automotive repair industry is a very tricky profession... I used to work at my local GM dealership and I was one of their top techs. I had enough of me working hard to fix customer cars and my coworkers halfassing at every possible opportunity. My supervisor even got on to me about taking more time to fix the cars than my coworkers. I called my dad asking him if he could use one more and he said come on. So I told my supervisor what I thought of him and informed the owner of the dealership about his technicians performances. Went to work for dad and I'm as happy as could be. He isn't as large as a dealership by no means, but he has a very solid business. With 10 other coworkers I'm ranked 6th in ability to repair a car. The ones above me are so far ahead of me its ridiculous. We work on any and every car make and model. We have proper equipment and factory scan tools for nearly every car manufacturer that are at our disposal. We actually fix many cars the dealership can't; when they run into a dead end they call us. Being my father is the number one go to auto tech for imports and domestics in a 100 mile radius, sometimes bigger. He has over 45 years of experience and is ridiculously smart. Plus my coworkers are kind, honest, good natured people, rare in our profession. They have to be, if you lie about a car at his shop your out no second chances.
It took my dad a VERY VERY VERY long time to build his business to what it is now...

Another month ends. All targets met. All systems working. All customers satisfied. All staff eagerly enthusiastic. All pigs fed and ready to fly.

Mustang of the day,
July 12, 2015
Recon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 09:54 PM   #37
Registered Member
Region: Other
I've learned in my time wrenching that there's always someone who knows more. At our our shop, I always want the gas engine vehicles(which so happen to be 4.6/5.4 trucks mostly). And yeah, it a fine line between being slow and being precise.

Billgluckman is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT