Mustang Evolution Forum banner

2004 mustang gt wont start

4K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  shelbypenny2 
#1 · (Edited)
my 2004 will crank over but wont start shows no code on computer replaced fuel filter car started ran for 3 min stopped wont start again battery full charged help need some answers thanks
ok started from scratch this morning checked fuse check fuel pump checked codes under pending said fuel rail.tried starting it started but when you give it gas it quits
i cant find the ccrm if anyone can give me a hint i'm starting to think its the fuel pump or fuel regulator car will run about 7 min on idle but then stops wont restart for awhile under pending codes 300 random mis/305 mis 5/301mis 1/160 fuel rail/174 to lean

#2 ·
Disconnect the air intake from the Throttle Body and spray some Starting Fluid into the Throttle body. If the engine tries to start, then you have a fuel delivery problem and it is, likely, a failed fuel pump, which you could confirm by doing a fuel pressure test.
If you don't even get so much as a "pop" using the starter fluid, the problem is likely electrical related and the diagnosis process will become much more difficult.

#4 ·
You tried the starting fluid and nothing?

If that is the case, I would find a way to scan for any stored trouble codes next. Just because the Check Engine Light is not lit up, doesnt necessarily mean that there aren't any codes.
Also, when the key is in the "Run" position, is the "Theft" light flashing?

#6 ·
Start with the simple things first, open the gas door take the cap off put you ear near the filler, have someone turn the key to the on position and you should be able to hear the fuel pump, (I can hear mine form inside the car) it will only come on for a second or two. if you can hear it that's enough to get the car started. If you don't hear anything check fuse, then go from there.

#8 ·
ok started from scratch this morning checked fuse check fuel pump checked codes under pending said fuel rail.tried starting it started but when you give it gas it quits
i cant find the ccrm if anyone can give me a hint im starting to think its the fuel pump or fuel regulator

#10 ·
k started from scratch this morning checked fuse check fuel pump checked codes under pending said fuel rail.tried starting it started but when you give it gas it quits
i cant find the ccrm if anyone can give me a hint i'm starting to think its the fuel pump or fuel regulator car will run about 7 min on idle but then stops wont restart for awhile under pending codes 300 random mis/305 mis 5/301mis 1/160 fuel rail/174 to lean its been running at idle for 10 min if i give it gas slow it will pick up rpm if i hit it fast it will try to stall could it be the tps

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.