turbo for stock 2004 GT - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-10-2015, 09:05 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular
 
rocknbronco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 831
But he is right!
__________________
Mustang wanted for here...
rocknbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-10-2015, 09:06 PM   #37
Registered Member

Regular
 
natestang07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Soap Lake
Region: Washington
Posts: 5,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredvet View Post
After years and years of reading this board I finally created an account. Just to tell you gt_nez to please reconsider working on your mustang. Please sell it, buy your wonderful and superior pre-turbo'd german car, lose this forum link and have a nice life. You don't seem to have a grasp on the very basics of life much less the soul of mustang ownership. Its about far more than about a cars worth or how it performs. For many of us old timers it was an underdog story in the 80's and 90's and we passed the blood of mustangs down to our children, now your age. You obviously didn't get that from your parents but from some video game or movie. You belong to the tuner world not to american muscle world. Go away.
This is one hell of a first post though.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 09:09 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Oceanside
Region: California
Posts: 21
How can you even compare these mustangs to the actual muscles cars mustsngs of the 60s and 70s even the 93 cobra as bad as it is. it is a performance car not a muscle car. Shoot yourself please for pretty much saying all mustangs are the equal . Now if I had a late 60s mustang I'd treasure the hell out of it. But even you the all mighty guru of mustangs nabe to admit the 4.6l mustang were one of the worst mistakes ford made hence why they went back to the 5.0
gt_nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-10-2015, 09:11 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular
 
alecas447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: miami
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt_nez View Post
How can you even compare these mustangs to the actual muscles cars mustsngs of the 60s and 70s even the 93 cobra as bad as it is. it is a performance car not a muscle car. Shoot yourself please for pretty much saying all mustangs are the equal . Now if I had a late 60s mustang I'd treasure the hell out of it. But even you the all mighty guru of mustangs nabe to admit the 4.6l mustang were one of the worst mistakes ford made hence why they went back to the 5.0

Lol I told you guys.

I know an auto troll when I see one.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
alecas447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 09:13 PM   #40
Registered Member

Regular
 
natestang07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Soap Lake
Region: Washington
Posts: 5,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt_nez View Post
How can you even compare these mustangs to the actual muscles cars mustsngs of the 60s and 70s even the 93 cobra as bad as it is. it is a performance car not a muscle car. Shoot yourself please for pretty much saying all mustangs are the equal . Now if I had a late 60s mustang I'd treasure the hell out of it. But even you the all mighty guru of mustangs nabe to admit the 4.6l mustang were one of the worst mistakes ford made hence why they went back to the 5.0
The 4.6 is a bulletproof engine, I sure as hell wouldn't call it a mistake

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 09:22 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular
 
retiredvet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: union
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 252
they went back to the 5.0....yet its the same engine essentially in a 3 valve setup with higher compression and forged components, now the 350gtr with its flat plane crank is nascar like but nm all that. The only difference between the 5.0 and the 4.6(96-2015 your talking about) is the 281cubic inches versus the 301 cubic inches. And the 4.6 has plastic bottom end good for 450hp max in its 2v setup.

Now if you even try to compare the new 5.0 to the old pushrod 5.0 there is NONE. The new one is vastly superior to anything ford has ever made. Ever. Period. It is such an amazing piece of tech and its so strong that you can toss 30lbs of hot air in it and it doesn't detonate it just laughs and makes 1600hp. The engine can see 8k all day long without blowing into tiny little pieces.

The old pushrod 5.0 was damned near the perfect shadetree engine. It was solid, easy to work on, made loads of torque, parts were plentiful and cheap and they lasted alot longer than they should have. I love it and I still have one sitting in my garage I am building out for a rainy day. These days though you can get a 1200 block fully forged parts 4.8 after 30 over that can handle 600, you can get a 450/450 crate motor/tranny combo(coyote) with all the harness/cpu for 6500, you can get a 400hp 5.0 stroker 4.6 for 3k....no reason to go back to pushrod, unless its just want you like...

Also, the old muscle cars were not as fast as you think they were, i grew up working on 442's and nova's and stingray's and my uncles 66 stang. We are talking 325-375 hp in 4500-5500lb cars and thats with the BIG motors...425 with the hemi. a 13 second quarter was king back in the day. Now my neon can do that.
retiredvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 09:25 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Oceanside
Region: California
Posts: 21
True I did hear bout that. Guess mistakewas a bit much. Letme reword it with the 4.6 it seems ford took a step back. And should of just kept with the 5.0 but guess. The gas consumption was something they were trying to fix or so I was told
gt_nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 09:28 PM   #43
Registered Member

Regular
 
natestang07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Soap Lake
Region: Washington
Posts: 5,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt_nez View Post
True I did hear bout that. Guess mistakewas a bit much. Letme reword it with the 4.6 it seems ford took a step back. And should of just kept with the 5.0 but guess. The gas consumption was something they were trying to fix or so I was told
At the time the 4.6 was a step forward. It was a step forward for the new 2v then another step forward for the 3v then another one for the coyote. Only do they look bad now after innovation

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 09:29 PM   #44
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt_nez View Post
Hmmmmm someone should tell Volkswagen, car and driver and whoever is manufacturing the Jetta gli models to correct there mistake cuz someone who's never owned a jetta gli model says there's no such thing😱😱lol
You obviously didn't read my last post you idiot. There is a Jetta Wolfsburg and a Jetta GLI. There is no such thing as a Wolfsburg Jetta GLI as you so eloquently put. And for the record, I've had 2 GLI's.
iammclovin804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 09:34 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Oceanside
Region: California
Posts: 21
Yeah the 60s 70s and so on they weren't tuning 11s or 12s. They were called muscle cars cuz thats what they were all muscle. Hence the roar of that engine is still to this day one of the best sounds in the world . And that's why I like the 90s mustsngs due to the pricing of parts and also the light weight body . That's why the 93 cobra would be the dream stang well after the 60sE but that's way out of my league
gt_nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 09:35 PM   #46
Registered Member

Regular
 
natestang07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Soap Lake
Region: Washington
Posts: 5,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt_nez View Post
Yeah the 60s 70s and so on they weren't tuning 11s or 12s. They were called muscle cars cuz thats what they were all muscle. Hence the roar of that engine is still to this day one of the best sounds in the world . And that's why I like the 90s mustsngs due to the pricing of parts and also the light weight body . That's why the 93 cobra would be the dream stang well after the 60sE but that's way out of my league
The lack of emmisions and leaded gas helped that roar a lot. You have to remember if you take off the cats that weren't present on passed cars our modern cars will roar

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 09:41 PM   #47
Registered Member

Regular
 
Recon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hopkinsville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 6,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
The lack of emmisions and leaded gas helped that roar a lot. You have to remember if you take off the cats that weren't present on passed cars our modern cars will roar

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Don't forget high compression, large carburetors, and big cubic inches...
I have two, and I'm grateful that I could've saved them from the crusher. Which is where they were going to go if I hadn't bought them...


Adventure till you drop
__________________
Mustangalley.com
Mustang of the day,
July 12, 2015
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 09:45 PM   #48
Registered Member

Regular
 
natestang07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Soap Lake
Region: Washington
Posts: 5,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Recon View Post
Don't forget high compression, large carburetors, and big cubic inches...
I have two, and I'm grateful that I could've saved them from the crusher. Which is where they were going to go if I hadn't bought them...


Adventure till you drop
Do you need my mailing address to ship one?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 09:49 PM   #49
Registered Member

Regular
 
Recon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hopkinsville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 6,518
turbo for stock 2004 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
Do you need my mailing address to ship one?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app

I'm sorry my friend they aren't for sale and NEVER will be... If I have kids they get them. Unfortunately, you can't save them all, something I'm still struggling to accept. I don't have a classic ford but I came close a couple of times...
69 grande
70 Torino cobra
67 fairlane GTA (dad alway wanted one, I don't care for autos...)


Adventure till you drop


Forgot the 63 galaxie 500


Adventure till you drop
__________________
Mustangalley.com
Mustang of the day,
July 12, 2015
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 09:49 PM   #50
Registered Member

Regular
 
natestang07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Soap Lake
Region: Washington
Posts: 5,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Recon View Post
I'm sorry my friend they aren't for sale and NEVER will be... If I have kids they get them. Unfortunately, you can't save them all, something I'm still struggling to accept. I don't have a classic ford but I came close a couple of times...
69 grande
70 Torino cobra
67 fairlane GTA (dad alway wanted one, I don't care for autos...)


Adventure till you drop
I grew up hearing about my dad's constant regrets in crashing rebuilding and then selling his 66 mustang

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 09:52 PM   #51
Registered Member

Regular
 
Recon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hopkinsville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 6,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
I grew up hearing about my dad's constant regrets in crashing rebuilding and then selling his 66 mustang

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Hear similar stories from all of my family members... Biggest regret is from my uncle... 63 corvette Z06


Adventure till you drop
__________________
Mustangalley.com
Mustang of the day,
July 12, 2015
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2004 mach 1 vs. 2004 svt cobra Michaelgranlund 1996-2004 Mustang GT 32 03-08-2013 08:19 PM
What is the differnce between a 2004 mustang svt and a 2004 mustang gt? skeet General Mustang Discussion 3 12-13-2011 10:53 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



08:30 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.