turbo for stock 2004 GT - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-30-2015, 11:58 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
turbo for stock 2004 GT

I'm wondering what turbo I can use for my GT I'm not really trying to upgrade the internals due to the fact Imah sell it after a year, (trying to get that 93 cobra) just a noob when it comes to turbo don't know the difference between mm brands etc, o also are the front wheels a different size from the rear wheels, I always thought they were, but just trying to make sure befor I purchase matte black Cobra wheels. Thanks in advance✌
gt_nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2015, 12:27 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Why buy a turbo if you're just gonna sell it in a year? That's a lot of money to drop only to sell it a year later
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 12:42 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Tryin to add some value to the diminishing value of a Old mustang, or trying to get a better trade In value but chances are I might end up keeping it, plus imah end up getting a payment plan for.the turbo and install so it ain't.like.I'm.dropping a couple gs At once
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2015, 01:13 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

That's the first time I've heard of somebody trying to install a turbo to add value. A turbo kit is an easy $3k+ venture not always including a tune. I don't see dropping $3k on a $6k car will adding up to 9k+.

If you want it for power then have at it, but as a financial investment that's not the smartest idea.
Old 01-31-2015, 01:22 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

True but I'll find newbie like me who will hear turbo and be like wahhhhhh sold, trust me there are people like me out there who think a mustang with a turbo is worth money, I mean come on my *** thought a gt was only couple hps below a cobra, boy was I mistaken hah
Old 01-31-2015, 01:38 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Let me just direct you to this guy here who has a badass turbo GT that won't sell because he's asking way too much. http://www.sn95forums.com/showthread.php?t=66630
Old 01-31-2015, 07:13 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
A hellion kit would be your best bet over a on3 performance kit. Won't add much value and yeah it possible some younger kid with his parents money would sucker into it but the odds of that are fairly rare.
DetroitMuscle99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 09:07 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt_nez View Post
True but I'll find newbie like me who will hear turbo and be like wahhhhhh sold, trust me there are people like me out there who think a mustang with a turbo is worth money, I mean come on my *** thought a gt was only couple hps below a cobra, boy was I mistaken hah

I strongly advise YOU to not modify your car in anyway, shape, or form. Drive like it is and try your best not to destroy it. That's your best bet.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Cbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 09:28 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
If you don't know how to tell if your front and rear wheels are different sizes, you have no business owning a car with forced induction.
Old 01-31-2015, 10:38 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Trade for a mitsu eclipse if you want a fast turbo car that kids seem to be impressed by for some odd reason lol. If you can't tell wheel size don't waste the poor pony

tsteevs_foxbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 06:20 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish416 View Post
If you don't know how to tell if your front and rear wheels are different sizes, you have no business owning a car with forced induction.
If your selling it in a year the tune, kit, and install will run you at least 6K and nobody is going to want to buy it if you do all the work yourself.......

Because everyone will know your the one who fouled up a turbo install, went from spending 6K to 12k and now wants 20K SVT Cobra price for a pos.

If you can't tell tire sizes you have no business building such a project.
Old 01-31-2015, 06:26 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
If you are trying to make the car worth more then you need to make body and paint perfect, buff it, wax it, repair all damages. Clean engine make sure everything works, and make it clean, new tires, change oil. Keep the car simple. No stains on floor or headliner, clean under seats and such areas is what people would want to be. Maybe order new headlights if the ones you have are hazy.

2004 Mustang GT 5 Speed Full Bolt On 360rwhp 440rwtq
12.1 @ 117.9 (1.7) in 1/4th
7.6 @ 92.1 (1.6) in 1/8th
Speed_Mister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 09:45 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
I agree with speed Mister. Get it as clean and detailed as possible before you list it. I have looked at so many cars and people don't even do this, which I don't get as it costs Nothing. Everything working, clean, turn key is what people want.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Follow on Instagram @steviesstangs
15% off waxgods.com use code: manic15
10% off toplabel.com use code: Manic10
Steve96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 08:50 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Yeah Speed hit the nail on the head!
Old 02-01-2015, 09:05 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
On3 performance sells a kit right around $2,000. Ive heard nothing but good things out of their kit. They have a car that has their kit on it thats had 20k miles on the turbo with no problems.

FastEddie03GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 12:34 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastEddie03GT View Post
On3 performance sells a kit right around $2,000. Ive heard nothing but good things out of their kit. They have a car that has their kit on it thats had 20k miles on the turbo with no problems.

Yeah but that kit is for the more mechanically inclined because it needs some fabbing for some parts to fit. If you do a bit of research for it, it has some down falls like needing a tubular k-member for one.

Oxford White Roush Stage 1 SN# 6925--SOLD but never forgotten!
Kona Blue GT premium - Slammed on BC's and BMR's full rear suspension
The_Chech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 12:47 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

99% your gonna need a tube k member to run a turbo. Its recommended to have one with any brand turbo you go with. They might not tell you that in the description but youll wish you had one when your car is all apart.

Old 02-01-2015, 01:28 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Are you even aware how a turbo works?

Old 02-01-2015, 01:55 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastEddie03GT View Post
Are you even aware how a turbo works?

Me or the OP?

Oxford White Roush Stage 1 SN# 6925--SOLD but never forgotten!
Kona Blue GT premium - Slammed on BC's and BMR's full rear suspension
The_Chech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 03:24 PM   #20
ME Bloodhound
Staff

By what I've read OP has no business trying to put a turbo on the car. For 2 reasons, if you can't tell what your tire sizes are you need to learn more about cars before a turbo. And secondly it won't add value, do what speed mister said, make the car look better, the paint goes a long way.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 03:24 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Where I live the cost of living is expensive you peasants lol but yeah I'm surrounded by rich kids. And I guess I should rephrasethe question about the tires I was asking do they have to be the same size or can I put 18s in the back and put 17s in the front without a problem or will I have to mod the suspension right away, and no I will not put the turbo in myself a shop will do all that . All work and tunes week come out to 4500 with a payment plan of 650 monthly. Thanks to my flozzzyy of a sis who knows the shop owner lol but in the ends I wanna sell it around the 8g area but like I said I might end up keeping it cuz this is how it'll end up looking
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-11-14-17-06-49%20(1).png
Views:	79
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	175152  
Old 02-10-2015, 04:26 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
turbo for stock 2004 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
By what I've read OP has no business trying to put a turbo on the car. For 2 reasons, if you can't tell what your tire sizes are you need to learn more about cars before a turbo. And secondly it won't add value, do what speed mister said, make the car look better, the paint goes a long way.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

If anything I think a turbo will decrease value. Specially with op's knowledge of turbos.

I think people would rather buy a stock gt Just because they would like to build it themselves.

alecas447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 05:31 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

That's True othe r reason why was just in case I kept it I can build up on it and use the total power of the turbo. So if i kept it for a while and finally blew out the motor that's when I would upgrade all the internals with a forged block that way I'd have everything upgraded from Tran to suspension top differentials. Etc etc. But if that's the case I think I'll just get rid of this GT as is and try and get the car that made me love the concept of turbo the 2005 Wolfsburg jetta gli. It's slowlike the GT but much better interior and turbo already included, but I think I'll just enhance the exterior and clean the engine what speed said
Old 02-10-2015, 06:09 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That's True othe r reason why was just in case I kept it I can build up on it and use the total power of the turbo. So if i kept it for a while and finally blew out the motor that's when I would upgrade all the internals with a forged block that way I'd have everything upgraded from Tran to suspension top differentials. Etc etc. But if that's the case I think I'll just get rid of this GT as is and try and get the car that made me love the concept of turbo the 2005 Wolfsburg jetta gli. It's slowlike the GT but much better interior and turbo already included, but I think I'll just enhance the exterior and clean the engine what speed said

I wouldn't trade my gt for a gli.

I ran some kid boosting 26 psi in his turbo gti hatchback. He was so happy because he beat me by 100mph he was only 2.5 cars on a stock 2v v8

Old 02-10-2015, 07:35 PM   #25

Quote:
There's no such thing as a wolfsburg jetta gli. Just stop.
iammclovin804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 07:47 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by iammclovin804 View Post
There's no such thing as a wolfsburg jetta gli. Just stop.

Lmaoooo. Are you serious ?

Old 02-10-2015, 07:48 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Do your research first bruhh. why I know there is such a thing is due to the fact that's the car I first had when I got my ddriving permit
Old 02-10-2015, 07:57 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

And alec I would only buy it due to the fact It already has a turbo in italso the same amount of money you put in for bolt ons for the GT you would get a lot more horsepower with the same amount of money on the Jetta. Well not a lot 15 to 30 hp but again i just like that car cuz of that load *** swoosh it comes with. But true the gli model is more bark no Bite, one big factor also is you can recline your seat all the way back on a mustang you can't do that which sucks lol
Old 02-10-2015, 08:33 PM   #29

There's a Wolfsburg jetta and a jetta gli. A Wolfsburg jetta gli doesn't exist. Do your research "bruh".
iammclovin804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 08:38 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

True I totally miss that.

Jetta and gli are totally different models

Old 02-10-2015, 08:57 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Hmmmmm someone should tell Volkswagen, car and driver and whoever is manufacturing the Jetta gli models to correct there mistake cuz someone who's never owned a jetta gli model says there's no such thing😱😱lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-02-10-18-51-43.png
Views:	87
Size:	196.9 KB
ID:	175172  
Old 02-10-2015, 08:59 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

I created my account just to respond~

After years and years of reading this board I finally created an account. Just to tell you gt_nez to please reconsider working on your mustang. Please sell it, buy your wonderful and superior pre-turbo'd german car, lose this forum link and have a nice life. You don't seem to have a grasp on the very basics of life much less the soul of mustang ownership. Its about far more than about a cars worth or how it performs. For many of us old timers it was an underdog story in the 80's and 90's and we passed the blood of mustangs down to our children, now your age. You obviously didn't get that from your parents but from some video game or movie. You belong to the tuner world not to american muscle world. Go away.
retiredvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 09:02 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredvet View Post
After years and years of reading this board I finally created an account. Just to tell you gt_nez to please reconsider working on your mustang. Please sell it, buy your wonderful and superior pre-turbo'd german car, lose this forum link and have a nice life. You don't seem to have a grasp on the very basics of life much less the soul of mustang ownership. Its about far more than about a cars worth or how it performs. For many of us old timers it was an underdog story in the 80's and 90's and we passed the blood of mustangs down to our children, now your age. You obviously didn't get that from your parents but from some video game or movie. You belong to the tuner world not to american muscle world. Go away.

I had a feeling he was trolling...

Old 02-10-2015, 09:04 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

i never troll. I am just rarely outspoken.
retiredvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 09:05 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredvet View Post
i never troll. I am just rarely outspoken.

Not you. The op

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT