I have a good friend who got himself 04 Mustang convertible and very exited about it. He has a birthday coming soon and me and another several friends are thinking to get for him a new kit to replace his existing stereo and speakers. The problem is that none of us has similar car and any knowledge about car audio specs.
So I would appreciate if anyone here could help us to select the right components that will fit nicely to this model.
We would like to get him a new double-din head unit + set of speakers + amplifier (if the budget would allow)
So here are several questions that I have:
1. How many speakers this car has and what are their sizes?
2. Are there any specific requirements for this model that we need to know when choosing the equipment?
3. What are the advised speaker/amp/deck specs that we need to look for? For instance, what is the sufficient RMS? Or what audio specs the deck should have?
4. I heard that in some cases the wiring is replaced as well, is it true here? or he will be able to connect the new speakers on the existing wiring?
5. I've seen some amps that have 5 channels. Is it a good option in case he will want to add a sub in the future or should we go with regular 4 channel amp?
Our budget is not fixed and the goal is to get for him a good system but in a reasonable ranges. I would appreciate if you guys can offer some models that might be decent.
Thank you in advance!
Also, in case it is needed, his current head unit looks like this: