1996 Gt Convertible Auto - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-07-2015, 09:41 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
1996 Gt Convertible Auto

Hey guys! Just bought my first mustang. An orange 96 GT Convertible. Needs a couple of things. But I just have a few questions.

Did the 96 GT come with a remote FOB?
When did they start putting a TCS button in the Mustangs?
-Could I wire a TCS button to mine?
What are common issues with these mustangs?
4.10 gears a good idea?
Anywhere I can buy a 98 center console? (Want to replace ash tray with cup holders. Consoles have same mount through both years)

Thanks guys!

1996 Mustang GT
TangerineScream is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2015, 10:29 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Idk about the TCS button, but some thngs to look for is burning oil. Check the oil level, drive it 20 miles and beat the **** out of it. Check the oil afterwards. I could have saved myself thousands by doing this last tiem.
Panther140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 11:06 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Congrats on your new and first stang! A lot of people don't realize Bright Tangerine was a factory (and rare) color option for the 96's. Everyone automatically assumes Competition Orange was the first orange available on the 04's.

To answer your questions...
1. The 96's did come with 2 remote fobs from the factory. Though I've heard of many used stangs not coming with any, they magically disappear! I only got one with my 03 that I bought used from a dealership. You can buy new fobs and have them programmed to work if you want.

2. The TCS button should be in the lower left portion of the shifter bezel next to the cigarette lighter. I don't know if it was optional on the GT's, if it was, some bezels in the cars will not have the position for the button. You can buy a shifter bezel with that button built in but I do not know what is all entailed in re-wiring or it in. If the car does not have TCS then a button isn't worth much.

3. Biggest issue I've heard of with a stock/near stock Non PI/PI 2v is the plastic upper intake cracking. Most guys tend to upgrade to an aftermarket unit at that point. The convertible tops have been known to leak and the motors are junk so I would inspect the seals on the top and test the top to be sure it functions properly.

4. 4.10's are a very common choice when swapping gears. Common saying is 3.73's for manuals and 4.10's for autos but guys choose those and others and do just fine. Really depends on your end goals and application, there is such thing as over gearing. Either ratio will be a helluva lot better than the stock 2.73's.

5. Some resto vendors like Latemodel Restoration Supply and CJ Pony Parts have larger pieces like center consoles but expect to pay. You might be better off searching the scrap yards or contacting a mustang specific salvage yards like MPS Auto Salvage or Prestige Mustang.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2015, 11:29 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Get the console at a junk yard and save money.

4.10s make a big difference but consider the cons.

The 4.6 is reliable as can be. Take care of it and you'll be fine. Common problems are the intake leaking as stated above, and oiling problems due to running the wrong oil. Run 5w30/5w20 as recommended by ford.
Billgluckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 12:42 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicpony03 View Post
Congrats on your new and first stang! A lot of people don't realize Bright Tangerine was a factory (and rare) color option for the 96's. Everyone automatically assumes Competition Orange was the first orange available on the 04's.

To answer your questions...
1. The 96's did come with 2 remote fobs from the factory. Though I've heard of many used stangs not coming with any, they magically disappear! I only got one with my 03 that I bought used from a dealership. You can buy new fobs and have them programmed to work if you want.

2. The TCS button should be in the lower left portion of the shifter bezel next to the cigarette lighter. I don't know if it was optional on the GT's, if it was, some bezels in the cars will not have the position for the button. You can buy a shifter bezel with that button built in but I do not know what is all entailed in re-wiring or it in. If the car does not have TCS then a button isn't worth much.

3. Biggest issue I've heard of with a stock/near stock Non PI/PI 2v is the plastic upper intake cracking. Most guys tend to upgrade to an aftermarket unit at that point. The convertible tops have been known to leak and the motors are junk so I would inspect the seals on the top and test the top to be sure it functions properly.

4. 4.10's are a very common choice when swapping gears. Common saying is 3.73's for manuals and 4.10's for autos but guys choose those and others and do just fine. Really depends on your end goals and application, there is such thing as over gearing. Either ratio will be a helluva lot better than the stock 2.73's.

5. Some resto vendors like Latemodel Restoration Supply and CJ Pony Parts have larger pieces like center consoles but expect to pay. You might be better off searching the scrap yards or contacting a mustang specific salvage yards like MPS Auto Salvage or Prestige Mustang.

Thanks! Good to know it came with keyless entry. I absolutely love the Bright Tangerine. Thanks for the info on the TCS. I like to have a slight irresponsible side. So, I was hoping to be able to switch it off occasionally. I've been told the 4.6 is incredibly reliable. I'm really good at holding up stuff like that. And if I was to get an aftermarket upper intake, would I need a tune for the new one? I haven't messed too much with cars. I supercharged a Bonneville once and screwed it up massively. So I'm trying to play this one safe. Convertible top and motor are brand new. Really good condition. I don't plan to do any track racing or formal drag. Mainly just light to light races and other such nonsense. Not too much pushing of the car. I really want great acceleration. That's my end goal.

1996 Mustang GT
Old 02-08-2015, 12:44 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billgluckman View Post
Get the console at a junk yard and save money.

4.10s make a big difference but consider the cons.

The 4.6 is reliable as can be. Take care of it and you'll be fine. Common problems are the intake leaking as stated above, and oiling problems due to running the wrong oil. Run 5w30/5w20 as recommended by ford.

What are the drawbacks to 4.10s? Is a synthetic blend good in these cars? I'm kind of new to this. I live in FL if that matter.

1996 Mustang GT
Old 02-08-2015, 12:45 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1423377896.060075.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	143.0 KB
ID:	175034 this is the car by the way.

1996 Mustang GT
Old 02-08-2015, 12:59 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

I run full synthetic Mobil 1.

Is this your daily driver? I have 4.10s in my 5 spd gt. if you do any interstate driving I would say stay away from the 4.10s as you'll be revving much higher and cruising speed. Also consider the fact that without proper suspension mods and good tires it will be hard to get tractioin first gear..which is def not good for red light to red light.
Old 02-08-2015, 01:03 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Nice car by the way. Mine is a 96 also, and ran like a turd when I bought it. Look into the pi swap and mark vii swap for more power. I would go for one if those before blowing money on bolt ons.
Old 02-08-2015, 01:05 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
+1 on the PI swap. Best bang for your buck imo on those cars aside from FI.

There's a good bit of work entailed to get it done correctly but it's well worth it from what I've heard.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 10:12 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicpony03 View Post
+1 on the PI swap. Best bang for your buck imo on those cars aside from FI.

There's a good bit of work entailed to get it done correctly but it's well worth it from what I've heard.

What part exactly is that?

1996 Mustang GT
Old 02-08-2015, 10:46 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

It's a head swap. Google it. More than enough info online.
Old 02-09-2015, 02:01 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by TangerineScream View Post
What part exactly is that?

1996 Mustang GT
Basically you take the heads, cams, and intake from a 99-04 4.6l mustang (other 4.6l models as well) and install them on a 96-98 model mustang GT. The heads, cams, and intake were redone from Ford starting I believe half thru 99-04. They flow better and produce more HP. You will gain roughly 40-50 HP from doing this. They called these new parts "PI" or performance improved/improvement. I have been slowly gathering the parts to do this to my 96 GT but now I'm stuck on picking up a 01-04 new edge GT. You can find the parts used and have the heads gone thru at a machine Shop etc or you can buy new ones as well from Ford racing or get some even more improved ones from Modular Head Shop. Google it like others have said you will get a ton of info on this swap.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Follow on Instagram @steviesstangs
15% off waxgods.com use code: manic15
10% off toplabel.com use code: Manic10
Steve96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 02:26 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve96 View Post
Basically you take the heads, cams, and intake from a 99-04 4.6l mustang (other 4.6l models as well) and install them on a 96-98 model mustang GT. The heads, cams, and intake were redone from Ford starting I believe half thru 99-04. They flow better and produce more HP. You will gain roughly 40-50 HP from doing this. They called these new parts "PI" or performance improved/improvement. I have been slowly gathering the parts to do this to my 96 GT but now I'm stuck on picking up a 01-04 new edge GT. You can find the parts used and have the heads gone thru at a machine Shop etc or you can buy new ones as well from Ford racing or get some even more improved ones from Modular Head Shop. Google it like others have said you will get a ton of info on this swap.

Okay. I've done a bit of research. I definitely want to do it. I'll just have to take a bit and get everything together for it.

1996 Mustang GT
Old 02-11-2015, 02:26 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1423643197.779543.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	175183

Washed the car today

1996 Mustang GT
Old 02-14-2015, 01:50 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1423900173.926275.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	102.3 KB
ID:	175343i got mine from an older lady in Orange County, ca by the beach with 58 xxx miles that was three years ago. I paid 5 k. Now I'm 18 debating wether to get a newer mustang. I don't have much money saved. So possibly wait until I hit over 10 k.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
GoldenCaMuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 01:51 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

I suggest you change the oil on the transmission, engine regularly.....

Old 02-14-2015, 10:45 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenCaMuscle View Post
Attachment 175343i got mine from an older lady in Orange County, ca by the beach with 58 xxx miles that was three years ago. I paid 5 k. Now I'm 18 debating wether to get a newer mustang. I don't have much money saved. So possibly wait until I hit over 10 k.

Nice! Like the color. I'm 18 and this is the nicest car I've owned. Haha. And I'm religious about changing fluids. Haha.

1996 Mustang GT
Old 02-14-2015, 12:54 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I like the orange color.

BeastyStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 01:42 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

I didn't like it at first than I fell in love with it haha. I wouldn't mind owning another dark green mustang I like how it looks black at night.

---------- Post added at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

Yeah orange colors dope not to many of those around

Old 02-14-2015, 05:05 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Laser red metallic. Not my favorite either but has grown on me over the years.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1423955084733.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	175390  
Old 02-14-2015, 05:25 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Flawless paint, I like those rims Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1423956321.092256.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	286.7 KB
ID:	175391 mine are stock

Old 02-15-2015, 08:03 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

I actually sold my stock wheels that were like yours for 500 bucks, they did have good tires on them though. Mine are 17" staggered 17x9 front and 17"x10 in the rear.

---------- Post added at 09:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 AM ----------

Quote:
Flawless paint, I like those rims Attachment 175391 mine are stock

Thanks

Old 02-15-2015, 08:51 AM   #24
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by TangerineScream View Post
Hey guys! Just bought my first mustang. An orange 96 GT Convertible. Needs a couple of things. But I just have a few questions.

Did the 96 GT come with a remote FOB?
When did they start putting a TCS button in the Mustangs?
-Could I wire a TCS button to mine?
What are common issues with these mustangs?
4.10 gears a good idea?
Anywhere I can buy a 98 center console? (Want to replace ash tray with cup holders. Consoles have same mount through both years)

Thanks guys!

1996 Mustang GT
-Came with 2, more important is to have the factory PATS keys because FOBs are cheap but getting new keys cut is pricey.

-No idea why you'd want to. If it did its by the shifter. Most ppl leave it off.

-There is a full bolt on sticky at the top of this forum. Yes 4.10s is a good idea especially for an automatic of this year. As others have said, the PI swap is something you should look into. Someone did mention the issues with the crossover but that is a 99/00 PI intake problem, the NPI intake has a metal crossover.

-Ebay or a forum on here. However... **** the 98 intake, those cupholders are effing useless. Well... the front one is ok for small cups and soda cans and since you have an auto you will not be slamming the shifter into your drinks on the 2 or 4 shift. It still sucks *** tho, any decent sized beverage is going to go flying if you go around a corner quick.

Better option is to get an 01-04 center console and paint it to match since the 99-04 were different shades than 94-98. I actually have an 01 console FS that I never put into my 98 if you are interested in buying. And the correct interior dye (for black) as well to match it to a 94-98 car.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 01:09 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
congrats on you new car. my suggestion as an old timer who's had 17 mustangs and now my kids have had 4 between them is this. Mustangs are a blast, even stock. You can spend thousands of dollars to add 50 or even 100hp and in the end you will still get outrun by every single new stock mustang, camaro, corvette, hellcat and even dodge hemi truck/car out there. Your car has alot going for it but its an underdog, its one of 2 years of poor performance for the 4.6 plus you have an auto and without a shift kit, tune and a stall converter the auto will hold you back. So here is my suggestion. Make the most of what you got, don't try to be faster than everyone just be quicker.

Start with a tune, i suggest a bama tune, they can firm up your shift points and wake up that car, then i'd get a set of 3.73 gears no higher no lower trust me on this its the perfect gears for your auto, after that focus on your suspension, hp improvements will cost you too much for too little. New shocks and struts, eibach pro springs, energy suspension bushings, sub frame connectors, southside lowers some good uppers and a strut tower brace, as for cup holders you can get some slip in cup holder thingies at pep boys i use.

Like I said if you cant be faster than the big boys be quicker. Mustangs are all about the torque and seat of the pants fun. You work up that suspension which is pretty cheap and they can easily pull 1+g on the skids and you won't miss the HP at all and can drive around them all day long
retiredvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 02:51 PM   #26
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredvet View Post
congrats on you new car. my suggestion as an old timer who's had 17 mustangs and now my kids have had 4 between them is this. Mustangs are a blast, even stock. You can spend thousands of dollars to add 50 or even 100hp and in the end you will still get outrun by every single new stock mustang, camaro, corvette, hellcat and even dodge hemi truck/car out there. Your car has alot going for it but its an underdog, its one of 2 years of poor performance for the 4.6 plus you have an auto and without a shift kit, tune and a stall converter the auto will hold you back. So here is my suggestion. Make the most of what you got, don't try to be faster than everyone just be quicker.

Start with a tune, i suggest a bama tune, they can firm up your shift points and wake up that car, then i'd get a set of 3.73 gears no higher no lower trust me on this its the perfect gears for your auto, after that focus on your suspension, hp improvements will cost you too much for too little. New shocks and struts, eibach pro springs, energy suspension bushings, sub frame connectors, southside lowers some good uppers and a strut tower brace, as for cup holders you can get some slip in cup holder thingies at pep boys i use.

Like I said if you cant be faster than the big boys be quicker. Mustangs are all about the torque and seat of the pants fun. You work up that suspension which is pretty cheap and they can easily pull 1+g on the skids and you won't miss the HP at all and can drive around them all day long

Don't agree with all of this.

1 - 4.10s are going to be better, period, even 4.30s for the 4R trans.

2 - Most definitely focus on power, the NPI motor benefits greatly from a very cheap, fairly easy and inexpensive PI swap not to mention an NPI swapped motor is going to be higher compression than a regular PI motor and make more power.

3 - Bama is bottom of the barrel for tunes, there are much better options.

4 - Agree that the stock auto trans/stall/unturned is going to hold him back, which is why a j-mod and a tune is a good idea. Stall converter later on but the 96/97 transmissions were weaker than the late 97-up units (to the 04 which was the strongest of them all).

5 - Definitely on suspension, that is the great equalizer for all of the older Mustangs vs the newer competition. Way too many newer Mustang/Camaro/Challenger/whatever owners think they are invincible and when a car they think has no chance jumps out by a car length right off the bat they'll panic and floor it and just start spinning.

6 - You are an underdog for sure but don't think you have no chance, I have seen cars giving up over 100hp run faster times at the track because of a correct overall setup vs just dyno numbers.

With all that said, you are looking at several $thousand to become respectable and that is doing the work yourself. This is not to say you can't make this car very fun especially with just some minor suspension upgrades, a j-mod (only costs about $60 DIY), basic bolt ons and a tune.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 02-15-2015, 04:21 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Don't agree with all of this.

1 - 4.10s are going to be better, period, even 4.30s for the 4R trans.

2 - Most definitely focus on power, the NPI motor benefits greatly from a very cheap, fairly easy and inexpensive PI swap not to mention an NPI swapped motor is going to be higher compression than a regular PI motor and make more power.

3 - Bama is bottom of the barrel for tunes, there are much better options.

4 - Agree that the stock auto trans/stall/unturned is going to hold him back, which is why a j-mod and a tune is a good idea. Stall converter later on but the 96/97 transmissions were weaker than the late 97-up units (to the 04 which was the strongest of them all).

5 - Definitely on suspension, that is the great equalizer for all of the older Mustangs vs the newer competition. Way too many newer Mustang/Camaro/Challenger/whatever owners think they are invincible and when a car they think has no chance jumps out by a car length right off the bat they'll panic and floor it and just start spinning.

6 - You are an underdog for sure but don't think you have no chance, I have seen cars giving up over 100hp run faster times at the track because of a correct overall setup vs just dyno numbers.

With all that said, you are looking at several $thousand to become respectable and that is doing the work yourself. This is not to say you can't make this car very fun especially with just some minor suspension upgrades, a j-mod (only costs about $60 DIY), basic bolt ons and a tune.

It is my understanding its this kids first mustang. As a long time mentor I always council people to learn their cars before putting down more power. You must build a solid foundation before you add more power. Suspension work before horsepower work. To do otherwise is human nature but wrong. I assume also this person will be driving this mustang every day, highways, byways road trips across country everywhere, 3.73 is the perfect gear no higher no lower. He will cruise at 3100 rpm @75mph which is high enough. Bama tunes are only what you make them, you can customize them or have them customized for your specific needs but they are easy, don't involve putting in a hard wired chip(which is just dumb) and you can adjust your tunes on the fly with your android(within reason). You need to learn to maximize the 245hp and 300lbs of torque you have before you start adding more. A tune, cai, set of aftermarket mufflers, 3.73's and x/h pipe is really all the go fast parts you will want until you get the suspension locked in. Why spend the insane amount of money and time, not to mention the huge risk of more damage(really things happen when you crack open an engine for the first time) by replacing the heads then having to replace every gasket and retime everything and degree the cams etc etc when you could have done your ENTIRE suspension for that, saved up for 6 months and then done something..
retiredvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 06:40 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

If I were you bro I wouldn't bother. All I really did to mine was a cold air intake and flowmaster... I suggest you save your money for college or maybe a newer mustang when you decide its time to let go. I agree with him, so much can go wrong and if you don't have money to fix those mistakes. After I installed flowmaster I decided it's time for a newer mustang so ever since I've been saving my paychecks hopefully within a year I'll have my 2015 5.0. Or settle for a 2014. Regardless you are blessed to have a mustang GT not many kids your age have one, (Hondas) lol.

Old 02-15-2015, 06:45 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Lots of good info on this thread and also a lot of bad info. So I'll just keep my mouth shut

Oxford White Roush Stage 1 SN# 6925--SOLD but never forgotten!
Kona Blue GT premium - Slammed on BC's and BMR's full rear suspension
The_Chech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 07:32 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

All it really is, is opinions he doesn't have to listen to any of us he can modify his car if he wants but I mean he already has a GT I'd focus on visuals not so much performance. I wouldn't even suggest street racing so much can go wrong.

Old 02-15-2015, 07:35 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

All I'm going to say is if you plan to keep your current mustang for a long time and or worry much about performance than all power to you modify that stang. All I need for mine is some cobra rims, a front lip, and installing my HiD lights and I'm done I don't plan to get rid of mine.

Old 02-15-2015, 07:35 PM   #32
Staff
Regular
Staff

All I am saying is that yes, suspension suspension suspension but there is only so much you can do without spending a ton of money. For a budget, its a bit of a mix.

What I would do (me personally):

-SR lowering springs/Steeda LCAs/Tokico Illumina shocksstruts/MM CC plates

-UPR stainless X pipe

-Catback of your choice

-J mod

-4.10s

-PI conversion

-TFS plenum/TB combo

-MPT tune

-Good set of wheels/tires

That is a solid 12 second ride that won't break the bank and will be reliable. If highway driving is a concern then yes maybe go with 3.73s or you can step the tire size up to a 27" diameter rear for a little lower RPM while cruising. Or both.

As for another person saying do 1 or 2 things and just drive it as is and save your money... that is really great advice too. Make it reliable and have a good looking good sounding ride going through college, get a job (if you aren't a History major or something) and then drop the coin on something REALLY nice instead of being completely broke all through college trying to turn a 2V into a racecar on a college budget.

Old 02-15-2015, 08:59 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Hah no idea how to quote on the app but the history major line made me lol. So true. My opinion is commonly wrong just ask my wife. I just like to err on the conservative side

Sent from my LG-D415 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 02-15-2015, 09:08 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Indeed! Cat back would be great !

Old 02-16-2015, 12:32 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Wow! Lots of info. So, let me hit on a few things.

I don't highway drive very often as of now. But when I do, it's to go St Augustine or Orlando. This is about 2 hours one way. So, it's not a HUGE thing to worry about. But it is still there.

IM NOT STREET RACING. Just want to be able to hold my own with my buddies.

Yes this is my first mustang.

While appearance stuff is important, and something that I love to do, I really want to bring that 0-60 time up. I have some goals for this car. But none are feasible as of now. That being said, I just got bumper inlay letters, have hash stripes on the way, and am looking at rocker panel stripes.

I want to do the PI swap. I just have a lot of questions about it. I'm sure they've been answered at some point on this forum, so I'll look first before asking.

I also love the color! Orange is my favorite color on this year mustang and I looked for a LONG time before I found one. When I found it, I drove 9 hours to get it. Absolutely love the car. High miles. But it was owned by a mechanic, had a recent engine and tranny rebuild, and is in great shape. Just need new leather. Haha.

I plan to keep this car for a VERY long time. Until I get a BRAND NEW mustang or I run this one into the ground.

I appreciate the "save for college" mentality. But college is not a reality for me. Not good at school. It would be a waste of time and money since I would fail out anyway.

Love the pictures! I really want some more ideas for my car, so PLEASE post pictures of your cars guys! Always love to see other people's cars.

1996 Mustang GT

---------- Post added at 06:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 PM ----------

Quote:
Indeed! Cat back would be great !

Looking at Pypes Violators.

1996 Mustang GT

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT