Easy Performance Modifications - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-16-2015, 07:11 PM   #36
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteCali5oh View Post
But yea they're both basically the same blower just slight differences making vmp come out ahead. A lot of people don't know about them yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Sounds like they just make the Roush kit a bit better! Install seemed easy enough as well.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2015, 07:12 PM   #37
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Fairly. There's some differences. The roush on the 5.0 won't whine like the vmp. The elbow for the blower is CNC port matched on the vmp. It also came with all plug and play harnesses. Only had to splice two wires in. Came standard with a JLT intake and choice of pulley size and injectors. Real nice kit. Plus they send custom tuning and datalogs unlike roush crap tune.

I have a 4.6 in my car... Maybe I'll put a 5.0 stroker kit in it... I heard one that had one and it sounded like a demon possessed monster...

Adventure till you drop
Old 02-16-2015, 07:13 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
I have a few videos on my
Instagram if u wanna hear it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2015, 07:13 PM   #39
Registered Member

Regular

Easy Performance Modifications

Here is what it sounded like....http://youtu.be/ZQWE2bNdRBI
Sex to my ears

Adventure till you drop
Old 02-16-2015, 07:17 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by alecas447 View Post
Yeap. You should see the power my 335i had when I dynoed it just tune and intake. It's a gorgeous thing. Detroit's nitrous will never have that. That's what he can't comprehend.

---------- Post added at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

Funny thing is I've owned cars with both. But you couldn't comprehend that either.
Old 02-16-2015, 07:37 PM   #41
Registered Member

Regular

Can we please not start this crap again...

Adventure till you drop
Old 02-16-2015, 07:42 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Here we go again
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 02-16-2015, 08:29 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
I can see good points from both sides. Yes a CAI is not the 1st choice for gains, especially on a stock/near stock 2v motor, in fact I'd put it right up there with a throttle body and/or plenum.

If anything, you are freeing up once restricted power but in small amounts throughout the power band that are not going to be noticeable. I do agree that many manufacturers abuse their ability to advertise by stating instant gains that you can feel the minute after you install it! B*tch please..

However, when really thinking about bolt on "engine performance" mods, a cheap CAI is really the best mod for a beginner to install. An inexpensive $50 CAI was my very first mod I did on my 03 when I was 15. It was a great learning experience and helped me get to know my car. That to me was worth the $50 spent. It gave me the itch to keep modding as well as the confidence to do other work on my car - exhaust, springs, brakes, etc. Again, just my opinion based on my experience starting out in the modding world. YMMV

So bottom line OP, if you want a good inexpensive engine mod to help build your mechanical ability, grab a cheap CAI. Don't be swayed into one that costs hundreds.

If not, look into some exterior mods or even some lowering springs. They honestly aren't that difficult to install with a buddy or two and some cold brews.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
Old 02-16-2015, 08:45 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicpony03 View Post
And I'm pretty sure you guys did accomplish scaring the op away from this forum lol.

On the off chance he is still going to check this thread...
I can see good points from both sides. Yes a CAI is not the 1st choice for gains, especially on a stock/near stock 2v motor, in fact I'd put it right up there with a throttle body and/or plenum.

If anything, you are freeing up once restricted power but in small amounts throughout the power band that are not going to be noticeable. I do agree that many manufacturers abuse their ability to advertise by stating instant gains that you can feel the minute after you install it! B*tch please..

However, when really thinking about bolt on "engine performance" mods, a cheap CAI is really the best mod for a beginner to install. An inexpensive $50 CAI was my very first mod I did on my 03 when I was 15. It was a great learning experience and helped me get to know my car. That to me was worth the $50 spent. It gave me the itch to keep modding as well as the confidence to do other work on my car - exhaust, springs, brakes, etc. Again, just my opinion based on my experience starting out in the modding world. YMMV

So bottom line OP, if you want a good inexpensive engine mod to help build your mechanical ability, grab a cheap CAI. Don't be swayed into one that costs hundreds.

If not, look into some exterior mods or even some lowering springs. They honestly aren't that difficult to install with a buddy or two and some cold brews.

I just wanna know how installing an intake helps you to get to know your car. Literally my girlfriend installed one on my car before and she's never done any of that.

Old 02-16-2015, 08:48 PM   #45
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
I just wanna know how installing an intake helps you to get to know your car. Literally my girlfriend installed one on my car before and she's never done any of that.

That makes it sound like a good start then if she knows nothing and was able to do it lol. But oh well

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 02-16-2015, 08:48 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

It didn't make her know anything else about the car either

Old 02-16-2015, 08:51 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Get yourself some great tires and decent suspension mods ... if you ain't hooking it ain't booking bro lol

Sent from my LG-E980 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 02-16-2015, 08:53 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:

I guess what I mean is it's a good way to break the ice on modding your car. It is by no means the only way, but if it gets you turning wrenches that's a start. There are too many people these days that won't even do an oil change let alone install something on their cars, it's kinda sad.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
Old 02-16-2015, 08:55 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by alecas447 View Post
Don't stoop down to detroits logic.

You'll end up with a tranny.

Just ask him.

I didn't. She installed a cold air intake on my old turbo dart. Anyone can do it. She didn't learn anything from it

Old 02-16-2015, 10:09 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
I see you guys can't act like mature adults... grow up and quit bickering with each other. If you wanna argue take it to PMs. Quit bringing your spats into these threads.

OP if you're looking for some straight answers then PM one of the more supportive members or check out our Beginners Guide to Bolt-ons in the stickies
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

« Door lock | Shaking »