I need some serious advice! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-16-2015, 05:12 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I need some serious advice!

So, i just came back from the shop where my car is currently at. I pulled up to check up on my car after they first told me it was going to be ready this passed Saturday, and it wasn't. When i got there on Saturday they told me the car wouldn't be ready till Tuesday (tomorrow). To make a long story short, when i pulled up i seen my car was parked in the corner of the entrance, cool, I didn't think much of it. When i parked and walked up, I noticed this... Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1424127926.105001.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	175538

I was like WTF!!!!! I immediately went to the owner of the shop, but wasn't there. I left and came back not even an hour later to confront him about it! The very first thing he says, which i already knew he was going to say, "It was already like that." The moment he said that, i went off on him! He then says, "it looks like you or someone might have hit a curb." I was like, if someone or I hit a curb, don't you think the lip spoiler would have been damaged just as bad? It's still intact! I told him my car for the last two years has been in the garage parked in reverse. So, before bringing it here i would have noticed immediately that, that was there. He then says that he will have to look at the tapes to see if his guys did it, which i already know he's going to say nothing came up. So, i keep going back and forth about this.

What do i need to do in order for them to get this fixed! I was already so worried to leave my car there overnight and it's been there for a whole week already. They're rebuilding the transmission by the way. I seriously need help on what i need to do. I am soooooo mad as I'm typing this so sorry if certain things don't make sense. I'm not thinking clear right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
BeastyStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2015, 05:15 PM   #2
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Threaten to get a lawyer and file a claim. I'm sure he would rather buy a new bumper and chin than deal with the lawyers and case.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 05:22 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Thank you!

It's a shame, i just bought my suspension mods and guess where i was going to get them installed?

This was my first time ever leaving my car somewhere and definitely gave me a very bad experience that I don't know how i'm going to do it for the next upcoming mods. I'm going to be paranoid that's for sure.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2015, 06:31 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Most reputable shops will make note of any body damage while writing the initial work order. Especially on cars that are in otherwise good condition other than certain imperfections. Just to avoid this kind of dispute.
I would try my hardest to work something out with this shop because if you ever do take this to court, you will be required to show some hard evidence that the car wasn't in that condition prior to being worked on at that shop.
This is why it is so important to make sure that any body damage, or lack thereof, is noted on the work order.
Especially when dealing with an unfamiliar shop...
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 06:55 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I do in fact have a couple of pictures of my car taken to the shop a couple days prior. I know it's not on the day of, but would that be proof enough?

I also have a copy of the work order, and nowhere did they indicate any damage to the car. After tomorrow, if they don't accept responsibility, i will follow with the legal actions. Do you think this is proof enough?

Thanks,

Old 02-16-2015, 08:12 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I am neither a lawyer nor a small claims court judge so I can't tell you if you have enough evidence in your favor.
In my opinion, your best chance is to try to work it out with the owner. Be nice but firm in your argument that they are responsible for the damage. If you can't work it out, don't threaten to get a lawyer and sue. Most states have a small claims court system to handle these matters, so the shop owner will think that you're a goof ball if you claim to get a lawyer and sue. (It sounds like he's been down this road before!). And a lawyer will probably cost more than the damage to your car! Just walk away and go file a small claims case against him IF you think that you have sufficient proof that the car was not damaged when you dropped it off at their shop.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 06:26 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

After hours of being at the shop and looking over footage and not seeing my car in any if the clips, I decided to try with my insurance. It was a lot easier doing it that way. They're going to take care if it. Thank you though.

Old 02-17-2015, 10:24 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
The least he can do is be upfront about it.

alecas447 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT