What Camshafts should I get? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-18-2015, 12:35 PM   #1
Registered User
Newbie
 
sten37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Blacklick/Gahanna
Region: Ohio
Posts: 9
What Camshafts should I get?

Hey, I have A 1996 GT with A 281cid SOHC 4.6L W. I was wondering what cams are good to buy for this? I'm looking for like A street/track cams something that will keep the cars idle not too rough but still puts out good power. It does have A T45 in it if that helps.

I'm looking to spend 750$ on just the cams and depending on the cams get better valves if needed.

I've looked but I couldn't find anything for my motor.
sten37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-18-2015, 01:15 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Steve96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Waterford
Region: Michigan
Posts: 2,386
Look at the cushman stage 1-2 cams. Cushman motor sports. Also on American muscle they should have cams for your year. Comp cams makes a stage 2 270 I believe is the number.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
1996 GT
2003 GT
Follow on Instagram @manicmustangs
Follow on Instagram @steviesstangs
15% off waxgods.com use code: manic15
10% off toplabel.com use code: Manic10
Steve96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 01:16 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Steve96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Waterford
Region: Michigan
Posts: 2,386
Also could check out MHS / modular head Shop. Get a set of PI heads with stage 1-2 cams already installed. I think they use bullit cams.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
1996 GT
2003 GT
Follow on Instagram @manicmustangs
Follow on Instagram @steviesstangs
15% off waxgods.com use code: manic15
10% off toplabel.com use code: Manic10
Steve96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-18-2015, 01:23 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Salinas
Region: California
Posts: 7,418
If your car hasn't already been "PI swapped", I would do that before, or during, the cam swap.
The PI swap is, replacing the heads, cams, and intake manifold with the "Power Improved" parts from a 99-04 4.6 engine. It is a very good power improvement over the 96-98 heads, cams, and intake.
And it can be done within your $750 budget, roughly, whereas, just cams, timing components, and a dyno tune will cost at least double that. And you still won't be making the horsepower of a PI engine with comparable modifications.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 03:47 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
alecas447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: miami
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,018
How much do our cars usually make with just cams?

I'm considering this myself.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
alecas447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 05:53 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
DetroitMuscle99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Detroit,Mi
Region: Michigan
Posts: 280
If you don't have pi heads I have a pair for sale for a windsor block. Most cam company's are good so it's just a personal preference and what specs you want. Many will custom grind cams for what specs you want. Can't go wrong with crane, comp or crower.
__________________
This is why we play the game... to separate the contenders from the pretenders!
DetroitMuscle99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 05:57 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Salinas
Region: California
Posts: 7,418
With some fairly aggressive cams, such as the Cushmans, and all of the supporting mods, like good flowing heads and exhaust, you might get a 2v into the low to mid 300 horsepower range.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 06:39 PM   #8
WJL
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Pittsburgh
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 285
+1 on the PI swap then a tuner JMAO
WJL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 07:01 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
alecas447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: miami
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
With some fairly aggressive cams, such as the Cushmans, and all of the supporting mods, like good flowing heads and exhaust, you might get a 2v into the low to mid 300 horsepower range.

I don't plan on getting other bolt ons. I think there a waste

So most likely I'll just do exhaust gears tune and cams

300whp doesn't sound bad


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
alecas447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 08:15 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
DetroitMuscle99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Detroit,Mi
Region: Michigan
Posts: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by alecas447 View Post
I don't plan on getting other bolt ons. I think there a waste

So most likely I'll just do exhaust gears tune and cams

300whp doesn't sound bad


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
You won't get that without full bolt ons, sorry.
__________________
This is why we play the game... to separate the contenders from the pretenders!
DetroitMuscle99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 08:19 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
alecas447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: miami
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,018
What Camshafts should I get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitMuscle99 View Post
You won't get that without full bolt ons, sorry.

What am I missing?

Intake and a throttle body?

With a tune I highly doubt those 2 will make a huge difference. Maybe 10wp at most. And that's being lucky

Id be happy with a NA 290whp 2v


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
alecas447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 08:21 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
DetroitMuscle99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Detroit,Mi
Region: Michigan
Posts: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by alecas447 View Post
What am I missing?

Intake and a throttle body?

With a tune I highly doubt those 2 will make a huge difference. Maybe 10wp at most. And that's being lucky

I've be happy with a NA 290whp 2v


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Intake plenum and tb yes, every little bit adds up in the end man. And btw I have over 300whp n/a.
__________________
This is why we play the game... to separate the contenders from the pretenders!
DetroitMuscle99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 08:49 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
alecas447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: miami
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,018
What Camshafts should I get?

Cammed?

I mean doesn't seem like it would Make that much but I might as well.

Hopefully I can tune for 93.

I want it to be a torque monster like my 335i


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
alecas447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 09:03 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
DetroitMuscle99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Detroit,Mi
Region: Michigan
Posts: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by alecas447 View Post
Cammed?

I mean doesn't seem like it would Make that much but I might as well.

Hopefully I can tune for 93.

I want it to be a torque monster like my 335i


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Ported heads and cammed. You could tune for 93 that's what I'm tuned for. Mustangs in general almost always make more torque than hp differs from power adder to power adder also.
__________________
This is why we play the game... to separate the contenders from the pretenders!
DetroitMuscle99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 09:16 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
toneman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Michigan
Posts: 51
I have a 99 Gt with a five speed trans and 3.73 rear gear. It's got every bolt on with full length headers into an X pipe and Flowmaster three chamber mufflers. Stage 2 Crower cams were installed and the car was tuned on the dyno for 93 octane fuel. It put down 295 rwhp and 305 foot pounds of torque at the rear wheels. All work was done Alternative Auto in Chesterfield Michigan. The car runs stronger than the numbers would suggest and the sound is amazing. You really need to have better heads on your car to get the performance I think your looking for. Hope this helps!


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
toneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 09:17 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
alecas447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: miami
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitMuscle99 View Post
Ported heads and cammed. You could tune for 93 that's what I'm tuned for. Mustangs in general almost always make more torque than hp differs from power adder to power adder also.

Debating if I should mod this one to the max(want to stay NA for now btw)

Was thinking about FI but that's a lot of headaches.


Or upgrade turbos. Which I'm leaning to not do it just because it's a auto sedan and would like to fix for a daily driver.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
alecas447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 10:06 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Salinas
Region: California
Posts: 7,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by alecas447 View Post
Debating if I should mod this one to the max(want to stay NA for now btw)

Was thinking about FI but that's a lot of headaches.


Or upgrade turbos. Which I'm leaning to not do it just because it's a auto sedan and would like to fix for a daily driver.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
I'm building a NA Teksid for one of my Bullitts. Most of the parts are CL finds, including a almost new set of ported PI heads. Im going to try for around a 11:1 compression ratio and I'm going to use a mild set of cams so that it will still have some low-end torque for autocross.
Im hoping to break into the low 300's with that setup.

I think that it will be a fun car but it is a lot of money for a relatively small horsepower gain.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 11:03 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
alecas447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: miami
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
I'm building a NA Teksid for one of my Bullitts. Most of the parts are CL finds, including a almost new set of ported PI heads. Im going to try for around a 11:1 compression ratio and I'm going to use a mild set of cams so that it will still have some low-end torque for autocross.

Im hoping to break into the low 300's with that setup.



I think that it will be a fun car but it is a lot of money for a relatively small horsepower gain.

Yea it is the definitely not the bang for buck.
It's to much money for nut much which is why I was think as less bolt ons as possible but with tune and cams
But I just want to stay NA


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
alecas447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 04:34 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
DetroitMuscle99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Detroit,Mi
Region: Michigan
Posts: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by alecas447 View Post
Debating if I should mod this one to the max(want to stay NA for now btw)

Was thinking about FI but that's a lot of headaches.


Or upgrade turbos. Which I'm leaning to not do it just because it's a auto sedan and would like to fix for a daily driver.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
It could get pretty expensive especially if you don't do the work yourself. I did the work myself and saved on the labor costs and personally don't think doing heads is that tuff. Luckly I have a friend that rents out shop bays so I just dropped the motor and did them. But if you slowly get part by part its not all that bad. Then if you don't do the work yourself your looking at 1500 to 2000 for labor. But staying n/a and wanting 300whp you will always have to have ported heads and at minimum pi heads with FULL bolt ons.
__________________
This is why we play the game... to separate the contenders from the pretenders!
DetroitMuscle99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 04:40 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
DetroitMuscle99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Detroit,Mi
Region: Michigan
Posts: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
I'm building a NA Teksid for one of my Bullitts. Most of the parts are CL finds, including a almost new set of ported PI heads. Im going to try for around a 11:1 compression ratio and I'm going to use a mild set of cams so that it will still have some low-end torque for autocross.
Im hoping to break into the low 300's with that setup.

I think that it will be a fun car but it is a lot of money for a relatively small horsepower gain.
It is but makes a decent difference depending on how aggressive the ports/runners are. There are people with just over 300whp breaking into the 11's n/a. The proof is out there. A certain amount of weight reduction and all the proper supporting mods including running gear gets it done.
__________________
This is why we play the game... to separate the contenders from the pretenders!
DetroitMuscle99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 04:47 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
DetroitMuscle99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Detroit,Mi
Region: Michigan
Posts: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by toneman View Post
I have a 99 Gt with a five speed trans and 3.73 rear gear. It's got every bolt on with full length headers into an X pipe and Flowmaster three chamber mufflers. Stage 2 Crower cams were installed and the car was tuned on the dyno for 93 octane fuel. It put down 295 rwhp and 305 foot pounds of torque at the rear wheels. All work was done Alternative Auto in Chesterfield Michigan. The car runs stronger than the numbers would suggest and the sound is amazing. You really need to have better heads on your car to get the performance I think your looking for. Hope this helps!


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Lidio! That's where I get my car tuned. Pm me if your intrested in renting the dyno Woodward dream cruise week. 7 other local mustang owners plus me are in already and there is 4 or so months left. I suggest you go If you want to see a nasty 1000whp+ cobra.
__________________
This is why we play the game... to separate the contenders from the pretenders!
DetroitMuscle99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 07:51 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
alecas447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: miami
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,018
What Camshafts should I get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitMuscle99 View Post
It is but makes a decent difference depending on how aggressive the ports/runners are. There are people with just over 300whp breaking into the 11's n/a. The proof is out there. A certain amount of weight reduction and all the proper supporting mods including running gear gets it done.

I think cams is the only thing I wouldn't be able to do due to time


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
alecas447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 07:11 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
retiredvet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: union
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 252
if you already have a PI engine and you get the BBK 78mm throttle body/plenum for $240 and you have x/h pipe and either factory flows or better, pulley's and a good aftermarket tune..comp xtreme stage 2 cams will wake that motor up to the tune of 37hp at the wheels and you won't need to upgrade your springs or anything until you step up to stage 3's. That would put you in the 320whp range. Thats without any porting or serious work. With a simple rebuild .030 over using quality parts, quality springs, stage 3 cams, have the heads ported or buy a set of twisted wedge heads and everything else I mentioned you are coming close to 400hp with stock compression(meaning you are primed and ready for turbo/blower/nitrous).
retiredvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 07:25 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
DetroitMuscle99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Detroit,Mi
Region: Michigan
Posts: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredvet View Post
if you already have a PI engine and you get the BBK 78mm throttle body/plenum for $240 and you have x/h pipe and either factory flows or better, pulley's and a good aftermarket tune..comp xtreme stage 2 cams will wake that motor up to the tune of 37hp at the wheels and you won't need to upgrade your springs or anything until you step up to stage 3's. That would put you in the 320whp range. Thats without any porting or serious work. With a simple rebuild .030 over using quality parts, quality springs, stage 3 cams, have the heads ported or buy a set of twisted wedge heads and everything else I mentioned you are coming close to 400hp with stock compression(meaning you are primed and ready for turbo/blower/nitrous).
You would want to have forged internals for anything over 450whp. Who made 320whp on full bolt ons and cams without ported heads? That's new music to my ears. I haven't seen it, heard of someone just over 300whp with full bolt ons and cams but not 320ish whp. Comp cam stage two cams require a spring upgrade also.
__________________
This is why we play the game... to separate the contenders from the pretenders!
DetroitMuscle99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 08:59 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
retiredvet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: union
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 252
damn I thought my phone posted, Guess not. I make 288rwhp with my 03. I have all the mods i listed except a 70mm TB and spacer and stock upper. My motor has never been opened, my lower has never been off even though I do have an aftermarket one in the garage. You add in 37hp from the cams another 10-15 from the upgrade to the bbk 78mm TB/plenum and a few more for a new improved tune and easy 320rwhp.

As for the stage 2's no they don't require new springs, its recommended as it is for all cam changes but not required. Stage 3's and up do though. The cams are very mild only .500 lift and 270/274 duration. They don't even require any degreeing. The stage 3's are .556's hence the spring change requirements.
retiredvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 11:03 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
alecas447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: miami
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,018
What Camshafts should I get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredvet View Post
damn I thought my phone posted, Guess not. I make 288rwhp with my 03. I have all the mods i listed except a 70mm TB and spacer and stock upper. My motor has never been opened, my lower has never been off even though I do have an aftermarket one in the garage. You add in 37hp from the cams another 10-15 from the upgrade to the bbk 78mm TB/plenum and a few more for a new improved tune and easy 320rwhp.

As for the stage 2's no they don't require new springs, its recommended as it is for all cam changes but not required. Stage 3's and up do though. The cams are very mild only .500 lift and 270/274 duration. They don't even require any degreeing. The stage 3's are .556's hence the spring change requirements.

Sorry i just still don't see how a throttle body makes that much of a difference.

If it does I would be glad to give it a try.

But I think cams is what would help the most


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
alecas447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 11:04 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Salinas
Region: California
Posts: 7,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredvet View Post
damn I thought my phone posted, Guess not. I make 288rwhp with my 03. I have all the mods i listed except a 70mm TB and spacer and stock upper. My motor has never been opened, my lower has never been off even though I do have an aftermarket one in the garage. You add in 37hp from the cams another 10-15 from the upgrade to the bbk 78mm TB/plenum and a few more for a new improved tune and easy 320rwhp.

As for the stage 2's no they don't require new springs, its recommended as it is for all cam changes but not required. Stage 3's and up do though. The cams are very mild only .500 lift and 270/274 duration. They don't even require any degreeing. The stage 3's are .556's hence the spring change requirements.
You're estimate is about 30 horsepower too high for the modifications that you listed, on a typical 2V. On most dynamometers anyway.
A full bolt-on GT usually pulls in the 250-260 range.

One of the forum members recently had a difficult time breaking into the 300's with a non-PI short block, TFS heads, mild cams, and a dyno tune. He was also using the stock intake plenum.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 12:06 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
retiredvet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: union
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 252
Making hp is no secret formula. Fuel, air,fire..that's it. If u have a bottleneck anywhere in the intake of those it destroys your ability to produce. Exhaust side is far more forgiving. Every little thing counts. That cai that does nothing on stock actually adds a few once u go larger throttle/plenum..those pulleys actually add 6rwhp at least on mine. Good set of 8 mm spark plug wires and ngk plugs and the spacer under the plenum helps with charge cooling....Everything helps each other add up to more than the sum of their parts. My dyno software said 281rwhp but on the actual dyno it put down 288rwhp. 58degrees and 830ft elevation on 93 octane with a highly customized bama tune

Sent from my LG-D415 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
03 GT 13.4 @ 117MPH best 2v 4.6 w/ auto
Check out my Garage info for what I am installing at this moment~
retiredvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 04:52 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
DetroitMuscle99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Detroit,Mi
Region: Michigan
Posts: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredvet View Post
Making hp is no secret formula. Fuel, air,fire..that's it. If u have a bottleneck anywhere in the intake of those it destroys your ability to produce. Exhaust side is far more forgiving. Every little thing counts. That cai that does nothing on stock actually adds a few once u go larger throttle/plenum..those pulleys actually add 6rwhp at least on mine. Good set of 8 mm spark plug wires and ngk plugs and the spacer under the plenum helps with charge cooling....Everything helps each other add up to more than the sum of their parts. My dyno software said 281rwhp but on the actual dyno it put down 288rwhp. 58degrees and 830ft elevation on 93 octane with a highly customized bama tune

Sent from my LG-D415 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
No making Hp is no secret and every little bit adds up. But your not getting that much whp out of tb/intake plenum. You will not make over 310whp even with a more aggressive cam unless the pi heads are ported. Streetability would suck with to aggressive of a cam also. Throttle body spacer is not going to help with charge cooling they are just expensive paperweights.
__________________
This is why we play the game... to separate the contenders from the pretenders!
DetroitMuscle99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 05:24 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
retiredvet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: union
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 252
Well I am along with the other mods I listed. That's a fact. The spacers are proven for 40+ years so no offense if I don't listen to someone half my age with a fraction of my experience with mustang. I don't appreciate being called a liar so you can directly go **** yourself

Sent from my LG-D415 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
03 GT 13.4 @ 117MPH best 2v 4.6 w/ auto
Check out my Garage info for what I am installing at this moment~
retiredvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 05:31 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
DetroitMuscle99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Detroit,Mi
Region: Michigan
Posts: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredvet View Post
Well I am along with the other mods I listed. That's a fact. The spacers are proven for 40+ years so no offense if I don't listen to someone half my age with a fraction of my experience with mustang. I don't appreciate being called a liar so you can directly go **** yourself

Sent from my LG-D415 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Didn't mean direct harm by the comment but never seen dyno proven results with just a spacer. And I'm not new to mustangs. I've owned two before this, I may be 30yrs old but I'm no dummy. Was brought up in a Ford family and my father was a master mechanic for Ford motor company for over 40+yrs. And I do all the work to my mustang by myself so direct that New **** elsewhere. And btw I'm talking whp numbers. Your profile states 280ish whp which is about right.
__________________
This is why we play the game... to separate the contenders from the pretenders!
DetroitMuscle99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 05:45 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Salinas
Region: California
Posts: 7,418
I am at the same experience level as you are RV.
Spacers are a holdover from the carburetor days where they did have some effect. They have been dyno-proven to not do a damned thing on these engines.
I don't think that anyone is calling you a liar... Your dyno? Maybe.
There are a lot of misconceptions flying around out there. The same as there were 40 years ago. Nowadays, with the internet, you can read about case after case of similar dyno results for said modifications. If you show a better dyno result than everybody else with the exact setup as you, you can bet your *** that everyone is going to hound you until you tell us what was done to achieve those spectacular results.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 05:49 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular
 
alecas447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: miami
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredvet View Post
Well I am along with the other mods I listed. That's a fact. The spacers are proven for 40+ years so no offense if I don't listen to someone half my age with a fraction of my experience with mustang. I don't appreciate being called a liar so you can directly go **** yourself

Sent from my LG-D415 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Not sure if your cammed, but I don't see 288 on a FBO 2v


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
alecas447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 05:53 PM   #34
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Name calling = closed thread.

Keep it up, I'm not joking


Bullitts are better than Bullets
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 06:00 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular
 
DetroitMuscle99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Detroit,Mi
Region: Michigan
Posts: 280
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Name calling = closed thread.

Keep it up, I'm not joking


Bullitts are better than Bullets
Easy huge... I didn't call nobody names.
__________________
This is why we play the game... to separate the contenders from the pretenders!
DetroitMuscle99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2005-2009 Comp Mutha Thumpr camshafts. Graham1992 Mustang Parts for Sale and Wanted 12 12-02-2012 11:50 AM
anyone install FR Camshafts? redfire 2005-2010 Mustang GT 15 10-12-2012 12:55 PM
2011 V6 Camshafts?? ChrisMustangs 2011-2014 V6 Mustang 14 09-30-2012 12:49 PM
Camshafts?! tea84 2011-2014 Mustang GT 9 02-06-2012 07:49 PM
O4 3.9 v6 mustang camshafts? Zebs5408 Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 2 10-04-2009 02:54 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



01:26 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.