How to adjust gear ratio in sct tuner? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-22-2015, 03:21 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
How to adjust gear ratio in sct tuner?

Hey guys my car is In the shop right now getting 4.10s installed and I left my bama tuner in it so I can't get the code off of it to have a new tune rewritten. I've heard of people somehow changing the rear end gear themselves through the tuner but how exactly do u do it and does it work perfectly fine? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
GHO5T5NIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2015, 07:51 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I would reach out to bama asap. I could be wrong but you would have to return your car back to stock before uploading a new tune.

Then use a strategy tune and select 4.10 gears. But many don't suggest using them because its a generic tune.

But easily call Sct or Bama they get paid to help people let them help hahaha

Sent from my LG-E980 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Black8thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 07:57 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Before you load the tune there is a edit tune options. Click on it then scroll down to gear setup and put in your new gear ratio. I Also use the rev limit option from the tune option list. I use the neutral rev limiter as a two step and set my rev limit at 6,100rpm for when I spray. Window switch is set at 6,000rpm.
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2015, 02:45 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitMuscle99 View Post
Before you load the tune there is a edit tune options. Click on it then scroll down to gear setup and put in your new gear ratio. I Also use the rev limit option from the tune option list. I use the neutral rev limiter as a two step and set my rev limit at 6,100rpm for when I spray. Window switch is set at 6,000rpm.

Ok thank you very much! Does it fix the speedometer perfectly? I tried to mess with the revs/mile when I put bigger tires on it and the speedometer wasn't even close

Old 02-22-2015, 02:46 PM   #5
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
It's easy to do. Strategy tune section and it gives a bunch of options to select which gears.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 03:18 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHO5T5NIPER View Post
Ok thank you very much! Does it fix the speedometer perfectly? I tried to mess with the revs/mile when I put bigger tires on it and the speedometer wasn't even close

I've had the same gears for while now and only used a bama tune once then took it to a local shop for tunes from then on out. It matches my speedo pretty spot on. I wouldn't be using it if otherwise. If you have different wheel/tires, gears etc than of what they originally tuned for than put it in on the options list but I would have them send a new free tune just to be sure everything matches up and is as good as it can be. Probly will not match up perfect until the initial tune is for your gear set.
Old 02-23-2015, 09:01 AM   #7
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHO5T5NIPER View Post
Hey guys my car is In the shop right now getting 4.10s installed and I left my bama tuner in it so I can't get the code off of it to have a new tune rewritten. I've heard of people somehow changing the rear end gear themselves through the tuner but how exactly do u do it and does it work perfectly fine? Thanks
Hey GHO5T5NIPER

That's a really great question and if you're making the swap I would really reccomnend shooting the Bama Team a call and have them shoot over a revision so that once the rear is buttoned up you're going to hit the ground running! Shoot them a call at 888.226.9764 and they'll get you set up today!

Let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime and I'm here to help!

Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 10:23 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post
Hey GHO5T5NIPER

That's a really great question and if you're making the swap I would really reccomnend shooting the Bama Team a call and have them shoot over a revision so that once the rear is buttoned up you're going to hit the ground running! Shoot them a call at 888.226.9764 and they'll get you set up today!

Let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime and I'm here to help!

Alex

Can they do it without the number on the back if the tuner? I have all the other information but like I said I left the tuner in the glove box and I'm sure he already has it in the air lol

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT