AM Exhaust doesn't fit - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-09-2015, 12:22 AM   #71
Registered Member

Regular
 
natestang07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Soap Lake
Region: Washington
Posts: 5,321
I could be wrong but what you are smelling is more carbon monoxide than carbon dioxide.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-09-2015, 01:10 AM   #72
Registered Member
Regular
 
alecas447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: miami
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
I could be wrong but what you are smelling is more carbon monoxide than carbon dioxide.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app

It's horrible. I'm used to it but passengers complain it makes them nauseous


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
alecas447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 01:11 AM   #73
Registered Member

Regular
 
natestang07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Soap Lake
Region: Washington
Posts: 5,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by alecas447 View Post
It's horrible. I'm used to it but passengers complain it makes them nauseous


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Hmmmm weird. You may have to keep your Windows up

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-09-2015, 01:34 AM   #74
Registered Member
Regular
 
alecas447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: miami
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
Hmmmm weird. You may have to keep your Windows up

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Yea it's weird seems like the smell you would get from an o/r. Idk maybe the cats are gutted or something.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
alecas447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 01:35 AM   #75
Registered Member

Regular
 
natestang07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Soap Lake
Region: Washington
Posts: 5,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by alecas447 View Post
Yea it's weird seems like the smell you would get from an o/r. Idk maybe the cats are gutted or something.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
It is the smell you would get with an off road. Probably a little toned down though

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 01:41 AM   #76
Registered Member
Regular
 
alecas447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: miami
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
It is the smell you would get with an off road. Probably a little toned down though

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Yea Ima go o/r anyways. She's gunna have to get used to it then lol


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
alecas447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 01:45 AM   #77
Registered Member

Regular
 
natestang07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Soap Lake
Region: Washington
Posts: 5,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by alecas447 View Post
Yea Ima go o/r anyways. She's gunna have to get used to it then lol


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
My wife is pretty sensitive to smells and she actually like the off road smell better

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 12:07 PM   #78
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,863
Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
I could be wrong but what you are smelling is more carbon monoxide than carbon dioxide.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Carbon Monoxide is orderless. Combustion gases are what OP is probably smelling, which is a mix of several orders. If it's a "rotten eggs" kinda smell, the cats can do that.

OP, If you removed you cats, that can cause the exhaust to be a bit more strong. Either way, you need to make sure you don't have leaks allowing your exhaust gases to come up in the cabin.
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 12:28 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular
 
alecas447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: miami
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
Carbon Monoxide is orderless. Combustion gases are what OP is probably smelling, which is a mix of several orders. If it's a "rotten eggs" kinda smell, the cats can do that.



OP, If you removed you cats, that can cause the exhaust to be a bit more strong. Either way, you need to make sure you don't have leaks allowing your exhaust gases to come up in the cabin.

The Oder is just raw gas and yea a bit of rotten eggs.

And no I have high flow cats. Which is why I find it weird


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
alecas447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 02:01 PM   #80
Site Sponsor
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Malvern, PA
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve96 View Post
Now That's customer service!! Awesome job! I totally appreciate this kind of service. I was an AM customer anyway and this just reinforced that even more so!
Thanks for the kind words Steve. If you've seen me around here you'll know that I'll stop at nothing to ensure that our customers beyond happy with our parts and service. Even though we didn't make this kit we feel responsbile and we'll always help our guys out no matter what!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alecas447 View Post
Nope it's good. Thanks!
alecas447 - Just wanted to make sure you were set! Keep me in the loop!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubnbit View Post
Geez, that's awesome.

Thanks as always Ubnbit! If anyone ever has a problem with an order or a quick questions please don't hesitate to let me know, I'm always around to help out!

Alex
__________________
Alex Lazarus | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 1-866-363-4591
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 02:03 PM   #81
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,863
Quote:
Originally Posted by alecas447 View Post
The Oder is just raw gas and yea a bit of rotten eggs.

And no I have high flow cats. Which is why I find it weird


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Maybe it will be like that for a bit since they are new..?
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 04:48 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular
 
alecas447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: miami
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
Maybe it will be like that for a bit since they are new..?

I bought it used lol


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
alecas447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 08:36 PM   #83
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,863
Quote:
Originally Posted by alecas447 View Post
I bought it used lol


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Lol well **** 👍


IG: @azurebluemach
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Tags
exhaust

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Will 205/75-14 tires fit 14x7 wheels? will 225/45-17 tires fit 16x8 wheels? baudier Classic Mustangs 4 03-29-2016 09:25 PM
2014 exhaust that doesn't stick out saleenfanning 2011-2014 Mustang GT 25 03-16-2014 10:48 PM
Exhaust that doesn't pop? 86GTFoxBody 2005-2010 Mustang GT 29 06-14-2012 03:27 PM
Can a 1969 power steering fit in a fit in a 1967 mustang? buchanan Classic Mustangs 2 12-11-2011 09:10 AM
Will the performance parts that fit a 4.6 mustang fit a 4.6 lincoln town car? ruhleah General Mustang Discussion 4 04-09-2010 01:33 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



01:15 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.