adjustable shocks or not? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-03-2015, 05:24 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
adjustable shocks or not?

daily drive with sr performance springs ride quality sucks with the stock shock and struts, should i go adjustable shocks and struts or no? it would be koni also. tips and advice please!
mustangt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2015, 07:54 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Adjustable is usually the best way to go as long as you know how to set it up right.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:59 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
do you have CC plates and or isolators? That might be why your ride quality sucks
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2015, 05:38 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
I would totally go for some adjustable coil overs. I really cant see a disadvantage that they put you at.

Obvioiusly, if you set them up like a god darn R tard, you wont like it, but you have the power to adjust a major factor in how your car performs. You can adjust them with simple hand tools and have a completely different handling car to suit your needs. Love it.

Coming from a motocross background, I LOVE the idea of being able to tweak your suspension without disassembling everything and replacing parts.
Panther140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 05:54 PM   #5
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther140 View Post
I would totally go for some adjustable coil overs. I really cant see a disadvantage that they put you at.

Obvioiusly, if you set them up like a god darn R tard, you wont like it, but you have the power to adjust a major factor in how your car performs. You can adjust them with simple hand tools and have a completely different handling car to suit your needs. Love it.

Coming from a motocross background, I LOVE the idea of being able to tweak your suspension without disassembling everything and replacing parts.

With certain coilovers if they use a hyper coil spring you can get different rates and swap them out based on your needs. I'm running pretty stiff coilovers right now and you can definitely feel every little bump in the road.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 11:30 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I already went ahead with koni none adjustable and got them in yesterday the struts are damaged... Called AM today and there are sending a new pair my way. I just got done installing the rear shocks which took 20 mins, but can't feel the difference without the fronts. Guess I'll just have to wait...
mustangt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 09:05 PM   #7
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
The Koni STR.T's are for sale right now. I just bought a set. I figured that I would go with a good set of street performance shocks/struts since I casually drive/cruise my stang and only drag strip it about 2-5 times a year. I figured you'd have to buy adjustables that are nearly twice the expense to get any real value and ease of adjustment out of them. That's how I made my decision anyways.

IG: @azurebluemach
Old 03-09-2015, 09:09 PM   #8
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
Lol, I just saw your last post. Whoopsey, guess just ignore my last post .

Pretty much everyone I've known says they feel an enormous difference from the set they replaced. Maybe there is something else going on that is making her drive so uncomfortably.

IG: @azurebluemach

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT