WTF AM! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-07-2015, 11:22 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
WTF AM!

got it resolved but this is not cool its the second time I have gotten damaged parts from them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6377.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	1.51 MB
ID:	176896  
mustangt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2015, 11:29 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

It happens from everyone just call them and they'll get it fixed

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
alecas447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 11:34 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
That's not a big deal, I would install them. Will not make a difference

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2015, 12:20 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I know it's not that bad, the point is if I'm going to spend that much money on "new parts" I want new . It's just the second time and I didn't say anything about the first time with my springs. They came all beat up and scratched and falling out of the box and installed them anyways.
Old 03-07-2015, 12:25 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I know it's not them packaging its from there distributor, but I read many forums about damaged parts. So they should check there packing before sending it off. I would know I work for a factory and we get issues like that so we double check everything and have not had an issue yet
Old 03-07-2015, 12:33 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangt03 View Post
I know it's not them packaging its from there distributor, but I read many forums about damaged parts. So they should check there packing before sending it off. I would know I work for a factory and we get issues like that so we double check everything and have not had an issue yet

I ordered a shift knob for Christmas.

It had scratches and a dent but I never bothered contacting them for something as simple as that

Old 03-07-2015, 01:26 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:
Have you ever worked for a shipping company? The box may have left AM in perfect shape but shipping companies don't exactly do the best job of keeping their packages in tact.
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 01:35 PM   #8
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
I know people who used to work for shipping companies. They would see a box with an iPad in it and yell across the warehouse "Hey Jim catch!!!!!"

There are some times no matter how well they package it the shipping guys will still mess it up. It's life, we can't do much about it. Luckily AM is nice and will pretty much always send replacements.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 02:07 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
It has nothing to do with the shipping companies its AM's lack of care when packaging parts. I ordered once from them and it will likely be the last as all my parts (1 of which was light bulbs) was thrown in an over sized box and shipped. No packing material or even an receipt. I've been ordering parts online for close to 15 years and ordered from more vendors then I can count and have never received a part without a receipt and some packaging material. I even had a follow up question on the dome lights about them flickering and emailed them and never received a response.

And the thing is this isn't just me. As mentioned above they don't pack the shift knobs. I was going to order one from them but look at the reviews on their site. There are more then too many reviews for just about every shift know and other parts of it being received scratched up or damaged and literally just thrown in over sized boxes. That's not to say that if you inquiry enough that eventually they wont fix it but even at that Ive seen a few times when people have posted on here that they called their customer service and were told they were SOL and it wasn't until they received negative publicity on here that one of their reps on here fixed it. You would think they would revisit how they operate and ship goods if there are that many complaints. I mean I understand sometimes the shipping companies can be rough with packages but at the same time there is a common sense aspect of selling and shipping parts that you should know this and think hey maybe I should put items in the correct sized boxes and include bubble wrap or those bubbles to help protect the goods that I'm shipping especially appearance or breakable items.
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 08:39 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarzTA17 View Post
It has nothing to do with the shipping companies its AM's lack of care when packaging parts. I ordered once from them and it will likely be the last as all my parts (1 of which was light bulbs) was thrown in an over sized box and shipped. No packing material or even an receipt. I've been ordering parts online for close to 15 years and ordered from more vendors then I can count and have never received a part without a receipt and some packaging material. I even had a follow up question on the dome lights about them flickering and emailed them and never received a response.

And the thing is this isn't just me. As mentioned above they don't pack the shift knobs. I was going to order one from them but look at the reviews on their site. There are more then too many reviews for just about every shift know and other parts of it being received scratched up or damaged and literally just thrown in over sized boxes. That's not to say that if you inquiry enough that eventually they wont fix it but even at that Ive seen a few times when people have posted on here that they called their customer service and were told they were SOL and it wasn't until they received negative publicity on here that one of their reps on here fixed it. You would think they would revisit how they operate and ship goods if there are that many complaints. I mean I understand sometimes the shipping companies can be rough with packages but at the same time there is a common sense aspect of selling and shipping parts that you should know this and think hey maybe I should put items in the correct sized boxes and include bubble wrap or those bubbles to help protect the goods that I'm shipping especially appearance or breakable items.

Yea I wouldn't order a shift knob fo them again.

Same happened with extensions I ordered. But they took care of that.

Old 03-09-2015, 10:16 AM   #11
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
got it resolved but this is not cool its the second time I have gotten damaged parts from them.

Quote:
I know it's not that bad, the point is if I'm going to spend that much money on "new parts" I want new . It's just the second time and I didn't say anything about the first time with my springs. They came all beat up and scratched and falling out of the box and installed them anyways.
Hey Mustang,

I'm really sorry to hear about the trouble, I would be pretty upset too!

Unfortunately, the Koni's come pre-packaged from the manufacturer and that packaging does not seem to be holding up to the "careful" hands of UPS.

I will definitely have a conversation with the person in charge of shipping and see what we can do about having these double-checked before shipping in the future (along with other products).

I see that you got this taken care of? If you could, shoot me over a PM with your order # as I want to make sure that new set is sent out to you with guaranteed overnight shipping.

Looking forward to hearing back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alecas447 View Post
I ordered a shift knob for Christmas.

It had scratches and a dent but I never bothered contacting them for something as simple as that

Hey Alecas,

Sorry to hear about your shift knob, I have shipped hundreds personally and have not had any come back damaged!

Shoot me over a PM with your address and a shift knob of your choice, I will have another shipped out on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile high JDF View Post
Have you ever worked for a shipping company? The box may have left AM in perfect shape but shipping companies don't exactly do the best job of keeping their packages in tact.
Mile,

I appreciate the support here. I 100% guarantee that is indeed the case but I still hate to see products arriving in that condition. I will do what I can to make sure they are packaged better in the future!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
I know people who used to work for shipping companies. They would see a box with an iPad in it and yell across the warehouse "Hey Jim catch!!!!!"

There are some times no matter how well they package it the shipping guys will still mess it up. It's life, we can't do much about it. Luckily AM is nice and will pretty much always send replacements.

Bullitts are better than Bullets
Soccer,

I have friends in the shipping industry also and unfortunately, no matter how bad it sounds, what you said is completely accurate! I'm sure you've heard the "soccer with Iphones" stories also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarzTA17 View Post

Hey Starz,

I appreciate you taking the time to having this posted up! I'm really sorry to hear that your experience with us did not go as planned. I can assure you that what you experienced is not the norm.

As stated before, I will do what I can to have our shipping procedures altered to have ALL of the packaged pre-inspected before shipping but at the same time, we cannot control what happens after they leave our warehouse. What we can control is what we do in cases where the parts do not come in perfect and I am always willing to bend over backwards to help our customers.

Would you be willing to shoot me over a PM with your order #?

I would love to "fix" your situation as your business and support is appreciated and I would hate for you to have a "bad taste in your mouth" due to that experience.

If anyone needs any help or has any questions, please feel free to reach out!

-Will
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 10:56 AM   #12
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
OP, You didn't mention if you did or didn't but always talk to the seller 1st B4 complaining publicly. AM Will (intended!) make it right just let them know your problem and they'll fix it for ya! I have noticed that damaged in shipping seems to be the most common complaint but it seems they'll go above and beyond if there is a problem. It is how people/companies that deal with issues that determines how they are.
Old 03-09-2015, 03:40 PM   #13
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
OP, You didn't mention if you did or didn't but always talk to the seller 1st B4 complaining publicly. AM Will (intended!) make it right just let them know your problem and they'll fix it for ya! I have noticed that damaged in shipping seems to be the most common complaint but it seems they'll go above and beyond if there is a problem. It is how people/companies that deal with issues that determines how they are.
Thank you for the kind words Strange,

I will always do my best to make sure my customers are happy.

I got quiet a few PM'S and will get back to everyone ASAP!

Thanks for the patience and I can assure you that we will get everyone taken care of.

-Will
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 03-09-2015, 06:05 PM   #14
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
I got a scratched rim from AM once and while they did replace it once I sent pics, they would not overnight a replacement and I had to wait 3 days. This is the ONLY gripe with AM as far as business practice. Last time I had an issue with Summit and it was their fault they overnighted the part Airborne Express which is how to properly handle an issue like this when the **** up is on your end.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 06:13 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

I only had one issue with a shifter I bought from AM. This was not thier fault, as some of the screws that came with it fell out of the box during shipping. You could clearly see the box had been crushed, and the handle poked a hole, allowing one plastic baggy (I assume) to fall out. But I didn't put AM on blast. I called Them up, and the phone rep sent me out a whole new shifter (on good faith I would return the shifter after I took the screws I needed out) as the screws didn't come separately. They shipped them overnight and I got them the next day.

Now I don't know about anyone else, but for anyone to take someone else on thier word alone that they would return something is almost unheard of in this day and age. Especially over the phone/internet. Kudos to AM for thier great customer service and prompt assistance.

And I'm not biased to any one company, but I have bought alot from them in the past (as well as other mustang part sites) but they have sure earned my future business.

***resident gun idiot***
Roguestang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 06:51 PM   #16
Staff
Regular
Staff

They take your word for it because they have your credit card number... just sayin...

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 03-09-2015, 07:06 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
They take your word for it because they have your credit card number... just sayin...
unauthorized credit card charges is a crime.
dinobike19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 07:14 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah they can't leagally charge it unless you authorize it. Since it was not the original purchase, it would not qualify under my orignal authorization. And it would not be wise for them to do it unless I gave them permission either over the phone (with the conversation being recorded) or written of some kind. All I need to do is dispute it with my bank and they would have no proof I authorized anything besides that original purchase. And I'd get my money back within 10 business days (per banks dispute policy. However the dispute could take up to 60 days).

***resident gun idiot***
Old 03-09-2015, 07:30 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

I had a problem with AM. I didn't put it on blast here, I went to them and they handled it very well. The product I bought and the product I received wasn't as advertised. Even when I threw away the box it came in, they still took it back no questions asked. I have spent $4000 at AM since November. And I will spend much more in the near future with them. Their customer service is what keeps me coming back.

Sent from the mothership.
Slater2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 09:25 AM   #20
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinobike19 View Post
unauthorized credit card charges is a crime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguestang View Post
Yeah they can't leagally charge it unless you authorize it. Since it was not the original purchase, it would not qualify under my orignal authorization. And it would not be wise for them to do it unless I gave them permission either over the phone (with the conversation being recorded) or written of some kind. All I need to do is dispute it with my bank and they would have no proof I authorized anything besides that original purchase. And I'd get my money back within 10 business days (per banks dispute policy. However the dispute could take up to 60 days).
Its standard business practice and I'm sure is written in their return policy. Amazon is the same way. If they send you a replacement part and don't receive the original part within 30 days they'll charge your CC. Have fun trying to fight it if you don't return the original part and they charge you for it.

Old 03-10-2015, 10:52 AM   #21
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
I got a scratched rim from AM once and while they did replace it once I sent pics, they would not overnight a replacement and I had to wait 3 days. This is the ONLY gripe with AM as far as business practice. Last time I had an issue with Summit and it was their fault they overnighted the part Airborne Express which is how to properly handle an issue like this when the **** up is on your end.
Hey Scotty,

Sorry to hear that the wheel wasn't overnight-ed! That's not what I like to hear as I always like to have the replacements sent out as fast as possible.

If you ever have an issue in the future, or need any help, please feel free to reach out to me and I will make sure you're completely taken care of.

Quote:
I only had one issue with a shifter I bought from AM. This was not thier fault, as some of the screws that came with it fell out of the box during shipping. You could clearly see the box had been crushed, and the handle poked a hole, allowing one plastic baggy (I assume) to fall out. But I didn't put AM on blast. I called Them up, and the phone rep sent me out a whole new shifter (on good faith I would return the shifter after I took the screws I needed out) as the screws didn't come separately. They shipped them overnight and I got them the next day.

Now I don't know about anyone else, but for anyone to take someone else on thier word alone that they would return something is almost unheard of in this day and age. Especially over the phone/internet. Kudos to AM for thier great customer service and prompt assistance.

And I'm not biased to any one company, but I have bought alot from them in the past (as well as other mustang part sites) but they have sure earned my future business.
Hey Rogue,

Although I'm sorry to hear that you had an issue with your order, I'm glad we were able to get you taken care of. We will always go above and beyond to make sure our customers are happy and strive on our customer service as much as we strive on selling quality products!

If you ever need anything, let me know!

Quote:
Quote:
Its standard business practice and I'm sure is written in their return policy. Amazon is the same way. If they send you a replacement part and don't receive the original part within 30 days they'll charge your CC. Have fun trying to fight it if you don't return the original part and they charge you for it.
Although this is correct, we never simply go ahead and charge a card regardless of whether or not the replacement item was returned. We will always go out of our way to contact a customer via email and phone and get the situation resolved before charging anyone for anything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slater2111 View Post
I had a problem with AM. I didn't put it on blast here, I went to them and they handled it very well. The product I bought and the product I received wasn't as advertised. Even when I threw away the box it came in, they still took it back no questions asked. I have spent $4000 at AM since November. And I will spend much more in the near future with them. Their customer service is what keeps me coming back.

Sent from the mothership.
Hey Slater,

I'm glad we got you taken care of and your loyalty, business and support is appreciated!

If you ever need anything, you know where to find me!

Hope this helps and I'm always available if anybody needs anything!

-Will
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 03-10-2015, 01:58 PM   #22
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMWill View Post
Hey Scotty,

Sorry to hear that the wheel wasn't overnight-ed! That's not what I like to hear as I always like to have the replacements sent out as fast as possible.

Although this is correct, we never simply go ahead and charge a card regardless of whether or not the replacement item was returned. We will always go out of our way to contact a customer via email and phone and get the situation resolved before charging anyone for anything!
I forget who the rep was, and I don't have the car anymore. The wheels were very good quality when I did get them so I was happy with that and would buy them again. But when I specifically told the rep that I wanted to put the tires on that weekend and that AM is second rate compared to Summit/Jegs if the new wheel was not overnighted the guy would not budge and I had to wait until Saturday to get it and the wheel/tire shop could not get me in that day and I had to wait. I mean yeah life sucks and sometimes you have to wait but still... Wheels were purchased right around this time last year.

And as far as the CC, yeah that is definitely good practice on AM's part to try to work it out with the customer first... but in the end you guys are still going to charge someone's card if they try to de-fraud via reporting a defective item and then trying to get a 2 for 1 deal by not returning the initial item.

Old 03-10-2015, 02:46 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yes that is SOP for most merchants, But has nothing to do with my situation. There was no return of my original purchase order. A new order was created with no credit card information, therefore it was a different transaction all together. But now we're splitting hairs. Regardless, I think you missed my original point that they have always gone above and beyond for thier customers. And that to me is a big thing in this day age. Most companies (mostly bigger ones) aren't customer service driven anymore.

***resident gun idiot***
Old 03-10-2015, 06:17 PM   #24
Staff
Regular
Staff

AM is a great vendor don't get me wrong. Very good and I do believe most ppl working there really do give a ****. That being said, they sell their fair share of garbage products and sell "1 size fits all" tunes.

However... My next Mustang I will likely be putting in a big order from them pretty soon after I buy it. It really is up to the customer to know wth they are buying beforehand and AM sells some great stuff.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Old 03-10-2015, 06:45 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Oh yeah you got rid of your sn95... you looking for a coyote?

***resident gun idiot***
Old 03-11-2015, 08:45 AM   #26
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Oh yeah you got rid of your sn95... you looking for a coyote?
I did and I was but not so sure now. Every time I look at the monthly paymenet even for a $22k mint condition 2011/2012 that will only be driven in nice weather I cringe. I could do a HELL of a lot with a $6-$8k New Edge auto or another 94/95 Cobra and the biggest thing is I know how to tear those cars down to the unibody and put everything back together pretty much with my eyes closed.

Old 03-11-2015, 09:44 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

I'm feeling the urge to get another Stang, but I'm waiting for what I want. I dont really want to build another car, I'd like a factory freak, so to speak. I'm hoping to find an older gt500, or a track pack Coyote by fall (but I'd probably put a vortech on it) . She'll be a garage queen for sure. Lol since I've got my Fox and 4v swapped New Edge for DD.

***resident gun idiot***
Old 03-11-2015, 09:56 AM   #28
Staff
Regular
Staff

I love the 07-09 GT500 but it is haaaaaaaaaaaaard to justify the prices on them when something like a 2012 GT is $6-$10k less money, half a decade newer, newer interior and all the other updates etc... Also pretty much just as fast.

I dunno if you are looking for a "factory freak" car you might want to see what the Alpha Camaro is going to be like. That is if you can stand a Chevy lol.

Old 03-11-2015, 02:45 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I love the 07-09 GT500 but it is haaaaaaaaaaaaard to justify the prices on them when something like a 2012 GT is $6-$10k less money, half a decade newer, newer interior and all the other updates etc... Also pretty much just as fast.

I dunno if you are looking for a "factory freak" car you might want to see what the Alpha Camaro is going to be like. That is if you can stand a Chevy lol.
Haha that's my predicament with the gt500. The main reason I want one is because it is a "numbered car".... and I appreciate the General too (just as much as Ford really), but I'm partial to the pony car (no pun intended) from Ford lol but the say good things come to those who wait. So we'll see!

***resident gun idiot***

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT