Do I need to clear my code? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-09-2015, 09:56 PM   #1
Registered Member
Region: Illinois
Do I need to clear my code?

So I had to replace bank2 o2 sensor because my previous one went bad and I have to take emissions but do I NEED to clear the code to get rid of my cel or will it go off by it's self once the computer recognizes the sensor is working properly? I don't want to clear it because a drive cycle takes me forever to complete which needs to be done before emssions. I replaced my o2 without unhooking the battery for this very reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Yellastang03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 10:09 PM   #2
Registered Member

Region: Other
It should clear itself after the CEL issue has proved to be fixed after 3 or so cycles. Drive the car 15-20 min. Turn off repeat. Should go off.

oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 08:25 AM   #3
Registered Member
Region: Florida
there was another thread in here somewhere about idle air control valves, and someone told us about a quick and easy way to recalibrate the ecu.
from what i remember, you disconnect the battery for at least 6 minutes, but some say 15 or so. then you let it idle until its warm, then turn on the ac for about 10 minutes i thinks, might have been only a few minutes, not positive. then there is a certain number of miles you wanna drive it, i think over 40mph. i dont think its any more than 10 miles. but i tried that out, and it reset everything, and idle'd and drove great. If i come across the thread ill try to remember to link it here.
2002 GT 5sp. 16x,xxx miles
Steeda Exhaust, C&L plenum, BBK Throttle Body, Steeda Underdrive, Steeda short throw, unknown stage clutch. Rear main leak. Compressor seal leak. Steeda lower control arms. good tires.
fenixignition is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT