Corvette encounter? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-11-2015, 07:52 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by alecas447 View Post
What part of naples are you in ? My mother still lives in the estates I'm currently in Miami for school. My 335i is up there. What do you have a 5.0?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
I am right off of 951 and Vanderbilt. Shes close. I come to your coast all the time though. usually once or twice a month for shows and meets. I am going to Palm Beach cars and coffee this Sunday. Lots of sweet rides there. I usually go to Mustang meets at the Wynwood walls also.
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2015, 08:26 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaplesStang View Post
I am right off of 951 and Vanderbilt. Shes close. I come to your coast all the time though. usually once or twice a month for shows and meets. I am going to Palm Beach cars and coffee this Sunday. Lots of sweet rides there. I usually go to Mustang meets at the Wynwood walls also.

I lived in the townhouses becomes sweet at on 951 and Vanderbilt about a year and a half ago

alecas447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 09:33 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Not if you are John Force

Bullitts are better than Bullets
Touche lol

***resident gun idiot***
Roguestang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2015, 02:17 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I lived in the townhouses becomes sweet at on 951 and Vanderbilt about a year and a half ago

Yup know them. I almost moved in the ones behind there. I am right around corner at Summit Place. Holler if ever in town and need help with anything on the car. Hopefully see you at one of the good meets over on the east coast. If you havent ever gone go to the Palm Beach cars and coffee sometimes. TONS of Mustangs lots of sweet rides from classics to imports and exotics too.
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 02:37 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

My buddy has a brand new corvette and everyone seems to complement, take pictures so yeah they possibly do become cocky about it, although my friend isn't really cocky, he's just into muscle cars in general.

GoldenCaMuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 03:39 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Corvette encounter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaplesStang View Post
Yup know them. I almost moved in the ones behind there. I am right around corner at Summit Place. Holler if ever in town and need help with anything on the car. Hopefully see you at one of the good meets over on the east coast. If you havent ever gone go to the Palm Beach cars and coffee sometimes. TONS of Mustangs lots of sweet rides from classics to imports and exotics too.

Do you go to the meets the regular car meets in naples?

And yea no doubt I'll hit you up, I go every couple weeks up there. I have been to Palm beach meets yet.

What do you have ? I've probably raced you in the 335i lol

Edit: nvm just saw it. There's plenty of 2vs and 5.0s up there
Old 03-12-2015, 08:33 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Vette owners usually aren't ****** bags. Most have went through slow cars to get there.

That guy is probably some guy who has money. Who thinks his 400 plus hp vette is like a Bugatti

My friend who owns a 07 vette is not a prick. He used to own a 5.0, but had multiple bad encounters. So he isn't a mustang fan. This is his vette pro-charged. Just letting you know this car smoked that 2015 vette by a train.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1426167120.668975.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	177230

joe_117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 02:02 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
I consider even a C5 to be a very nice performance car. I dont understand how anybody could hate on a car with that power to weight, that reliability, that handling, and doing it all for the price of a vette.
Panther140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 05:29 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
A vette isn't in the same class as a mustang though. Vettes are like supercar status. You could compare a gt500 to one or a gt40 but not a mustang. But in the end all cars can be fast, some just aren't as fast from factory that's all.
Old 03-12-2015, 05:36 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitMuscle99 View Post
A vette isn't in the same class as a mustang though. Vettes are like supercar status. You could compare a gt500 to one or a gt40 but not a mustang. But in the end all cars can be fast, some just aren't as fast from factory that's all.

There's plenty of things one can grab for the price of a base corvette

Old 03-12-2015, 05:37 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Not saying I'd get one I'd never buy a 60k car when I can make one faster for less
DetroitMuscle99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 02:33 AM   #47

I raced a 01 Vette a few days ago my Mustang is a 96 4.6L 5 speed and I smoked him, even if the guy that was being a prick to you had the faster car that does not mean he knew how to drive it, when he took off like that I would have done my best to pass but that's just me and my ego talking, my ego talks a lot sometimes
ShawnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 07:43 AM   #48
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
That's the kind of guy you get a real good launch with a set of 4.10s or 4.30s and watch him panic and spin. Let off at 45-60mph and laugh, I do not condone street racing or speeding and neither does this forum but a hard launch/pull to the speed limit... that's what these cars are for.

And as far as Corvettes... for the prices of some of the C5s I've seen its haaaaaaaaaaaaaard to find a better deal on a LS1 equipped vehicle with that sort of power/weight although you need to also buy a bottle of Brut and a gold chain and some bad button down shirts when you buy one.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 09:20 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Where i live the corvette guys are respectable while the camaro guys arent, some dude pulled up next to me in a iroc and said his car was faster than mine because he had 2 more cylinders. That was a fun victory for the sixer lol. Dude accused me of cheating thats how shocked he was that he lost.
superdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 10:19 AM   #50
Staff
Regular
Staff

A new Civic SI would walk an Iroc, they are slow as ****.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 03-25-2015, 12:13 PM   #51
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
All the Corvette guys in my neck of the woods are members off AARP and meet for bingo at least once a month. I still have another 10 years before I'm old enough to buy one.
Old 03-28-2015, 10:49 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I drive an 02 gt with all the bolt ons and a Bama tuner. Love My car. But the vette has always been my dream. One day I will park a vette next to my new edge.... or maybe not because I just found out my wife is pregnant and we only have her car as a fam car. I may have to sale my red headed slut . I love all American muscle cars. Just because you drive a corvette doesn't make you an a $$ bag. I know a few mustang guys that deserve to get toasted by vette. ALL YOU Can Do Is Enjoy YOUR Car While YOU Have it.
JWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 11:46 PM   #53
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguestang View Post
When someone says something like what the OP stated, I say:
"Yeah your car might be quicker than mine, but is your car quicker than my .338 Lapua? I think not.... but feel free to keep talking and you might find out."
I'll race your .338 Lapua against my .22-250. First one to 100yds wins! lol

Had a guy in a Challenger try and race me the other day. We left the light and got up to cruising, about 45-50 and he kept revving. I looked over and laughed and he took off. Almost bit it when he went to change lanes in front of me and fishtailed very close to a guard rail.

"Holy crap bro. You're a genius." - 2011 Kona Blue
au01st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 12:12 AM   #54
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWorm View Post
I drive an 02 gt with all the bolt ons and a Bama tuner. Love My car. But the vette has always been my dream. One day I will park a vette next to my new edge.... or maybe not because I just found out my wife is pregnant and we only have her car as a fam car. I may have to sale my red headed slut . I love all American muscle cars. Just because you drive a corvette doesn't make you an a $$ bag. I know a few mustang guys that deserve to get toasted by vette. ALL YOU Can Do Is Enjoy YOUR Car While YOU Have it.
With the passenger's seat pulled all the way forward a rear facing seat fits in a Mustang... just saying lol. Also when you can turn it back around to "normal" orientation it fits pretty well. Being an 02, you have the LATCH system in your car so a carseat clips right in on the 2 bottom posts and the top post.

Old 03-29-2015, 12:24 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by au01st View Post
I'll race your .338 Lapua against my .22-250. First one to 100yds wins! lol

Had a guy in a Challenger try and race me the other day. We left the light and got up to cruising, about 45-50 and he kept revving. I looked over and laughed and he took off. Almost bit it when he went to change lanes in front of me and fishtailed very close to a guard rail.
Haha finally someone who appreciated the humor!

***resident gun idiot***
Old 03-29-2015, 12:26 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
With the passenger's seat pulled all the way forward a rear facing seat fits in a Mustang... just saying lol. Also when you can turn it back around to "normal" orientation it fits pretty well. Being an 02, you have the LATCH system in your car so a carseat clips right in on the 2 bottom posts and the top post.
Yep! My new edge has "babied" quite well with my daughter. Never had any issues. I can get two of those rear facing car seats in there. BUT, it probably has to do with the size of the car seat more than anything.

***resident gun idiot***
Old 03-29-2015, 01:53 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota
Saw my first corvette on the road last weekend. Just a early 2000s C5 Z06. I'm sure he was just out cruising around the first time of the season.
Old 04-02-2015, 09:18 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Got to respect anybody that puts time into their ride! We all have our preferences and our $ limits. To each his own and enjoy what you've got!

dmcgoy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 09:20 PM   #59
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
Corvette encounter?

Ordered some Borla ataks for 01 Vette today...
Going to sound mean...

Adventure till you drop
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 09:41 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Recon View Post
Ordered some Borla ataks for 01 Vette today...
Going to sound mean...

Adventure till you drop

I bet. I heard a 2v with Borlas the other day. Jaw dropped­čśČ

Old 04-02-2015, 09:51 PM   #61
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
Corvette encounter?

Quote:
I bet. I heard a 2v with Borlas the other day. Jaw dropped­čśČ

Yea the owner of the car is a guy I go to shows with, he has a 69 Chevelle and an evil 520 cu in nitrous 70 monte. He's real hot for my impala, but he knows the answer to the question. They are really nice cars, and the Vette is his new project. He has my ideology when it comes to projects, exhaust first everything else later...

Adventure till you drop
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT