Corvette encounter? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-10-2015, 02:40 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Corvette encounter?

So at a red light a 2015 corvette stops next to me and starts revving at me. Puts his window down and asks if mine is a v6 and I told him no. He asks is it a gt I told him yea. He keeps gloating and tells me oh well still not good enough. I play along and I ask him zo6?
He tells me na but "I've got 460 go even if you were supercharged you wouldn't touch me."
When the light turned green he took off. No way that was the stock exhaust and it looked like a base automatic.

This guy didn't even know what he was driving. Seemed like a rental. This guy was like 21, probably his sugar daddy's car or something.

Times like those I wish my car was either turbo or driving my 335i

Moral of the story, I didn't know corvette guys were such *******.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
alecas447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2015, 03:13 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

I saw a blerb in Maxim I think it was once. Compared differnt car guys like Mustang vs. Camaro. Corvette vs. Porsche, Ferarri vs. Lamborghini. It was actually funny wish I could find it but it basically said the same thing. Corvettes were for people who were short, bald or buttoned down shirts with some gold chains. lol. It is like anything though there are good and bad. Lots cool Vette guys but allot look down on Mustangs. give me base price vette money and I would take a GT built my way all day
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 03:19 PM   #3
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaplesStang View Post
I saw a blerb in Maxim I think it was once. Compared differnt car guys like Mustang vs. Camaro. Corvette vs. Porsche, Ferarri vs. Lamborghini. It was actually funny wish I could find it but it basically said the same thing. Corvettes were for people who were short, bald or buttoned down shirts with some gold chains. lol. It is like anything though there are good and bad. Lots cool Vette guys but allot look down on Mustangs. give me base price vette money and I would take a GT built my way all day
Can't beat the sound of a cammed z06 though

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2015, 03:20 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
Can't beat the sound of a cammed z06 though

It sounded great. But damn what a ******

Old 03-10-2015, 03:33 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by alecas447 View Post
It sounded great. But damn what a ******

Hes not delusional, just a prick. You really couldnt touch him even if supercharged lol. thats reality, not a delusion. He was just being a dick though.

I hate it when im about to compliment somebody's car and then they just **** talk mine like I should feel bad about my car.

Dude, obviously your 2015 STI is going to rape my 1999 mustang GT... Gimme a break dude, cant afford much of a car when paying rent and tuition and not having time to have a job.. Cant we all get along? except fwd honda guys.. we dont have to be nice to them for all I care haah
Panther140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 03:34 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Moral of the story, I didn't know corvette guys were such *****.

They aren't. That was either his dads or a rental. or his dads rental that he isnt supposed to drive. Actual corvette owners are either older and mature enough to not act like that, or they are just too stoked about driving a corvette to bother acting like that.
of course, im the guy who's always wanted to stick my head out of the window of a volkswagen and yell "THREE VEE DUBS FOR UNDER 17 THOUSAND, WOOOHOOO!"
Old 03-10-2015, 03:36 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenixignition View Post
They aren't. That was either his dads or a rental. or his dads rental that he isnt supposed to drive. Actual corvette owners are either older and mature enough to not act like that, or they are just too stoked about driving a corvette to bother acting like that.
I knew a guy driving a base corvette from 2007 that just SCREAMED at my brother for parking in the stall next to him "YOU COULDA DENTED MY DOOR THATS A $100K CAR, YOU KNOW THAT YOU LITTLE PUNK?!?!" lol, you got ripped the F off. I saw that same **** on craigslist for $25k last night mint condishh
Old 03-10-2015, 03:38 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther140 View Post
I knew a guy driving a base corvette from 2007 that just SCREAMED at my brother for parking in the stall next to him "YOU COULDA DENTED MY DOOR THATS A $100K CAR, YOU KNOW THAT YOU LITTLE PUNK?!?!" lol, you got ripped the F off. I saw that same **** on craigslist for $25k last night mint condishh
OH MY GOD i freaking hate it when corvette master race owners park diagnally in 2 spaces somewhere. YOU DONT BELONG AT BURGER KING, GO BACK TO TEXAS DE' BRAZIL!

saw some guy at an advance autoparts with a honda civic si and a ricey fartcan muffle do that one time. i took a picture. wish i still had it.
Old 03-10-2015, 03:47 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
It sounded great. But damn what a delusional prick

If you become proficient at autocross, you will be able to beat most of the Corvettes that attend.
I've found that many of those guys can only drive fast in a straight line.
The last autocross that I attended, I was faster than one those 'Vettes that have that little 7 liter engine in it... I can never remember the name.
As a matter of fact, my Bullitt would have come in second place in the class that is mostly Corvettes on race tires
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 03:49 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaplesStang View Post

What part of naples are you in ? My mother still lives in the estates I'm currently in Miami for school. My 335i is up there. What do you have a 5.0?

Old 03-10-2015, 03:50 PM   #11
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
If you become proficient at autocross, you will be able to beat most of the Corvettes that attend.
I've found that many of those guys can only drive fast in a straight line.
The last autocross that I attended, I was faster than one those 'Vettes that have that little 7 liter engine in it... I can never remember the name.
As a matter of fact, my Bullitt would have come in second place in the class that is mostly Corvettes on race tires
Drag racing takes a hell of a lot less ability as compared to autocross. Definetly can see who the better driver is in autox. Drag has a lot more to do with the car

Old 03-10-2015, 03:57 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Hes not delusional, just a prick. You really couldnt touch him even if supercharged lol. thats reality, not a delusion. He was just being a dick though.

I hate it when im about to compliment somebody's car and then they just **** talk mine like I should feel bad about my car.

Dude, obviously your 2015 STI is going to rape my 1999 mustang GT... Gimme a break dude, cant afford much of a car when paying rent and tuition and not having time to have a job.. Cant we all get along? except fwd honda guys.. we dont have to be nice to them for all I care haah
Sorry hese delusional my 335i would runs circles around him with some race juice

Old 03-10-2015, 04:54 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Sorry hese delusional my 335i would runs circles around him with some race juice

If by "race juice" you mean a 150 shot of nitrous, then yes.

You must have a really bad *** 335i to beat pretty much any corvette since they invented the LT-1
Old 03-10-2015, 04:56 PM   #14
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Race gas doesn't add horsepower..
I think he is talking about nitrous lol

Old 03-10-2015, 04:59 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Corvette encounter?

Quote:
I think he is talking about nitrous lol

100 octane on a 335i yes it does there are dynos proving pump gas vs race gas lol

Old 03-10-2015, 05:06 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
100 octane on a 335i yes it does there are dynos proving pump gas vs race gas lol

Octane doesn't add horsepower.
Octane is a measure of the fuel's resistance to ignition. (aka stability). It doesn't mean that the fuel has more energy in it (which is what would create hp).

With higher octane fuel, you can add more timing, compression, and boost to an engine. But just dumping 100 octane in your regular ol engine wont do squat unless you started off with such ****ty fuel that the engine was pulling drastic amounts of timing back.

Does your 335i have some sort of built engine in it? Because that's about the only way you're gonna keep any modern vette in sight. Unless you have a 2013 335i or something
Old 03-10-2015, 05:07 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Octane doesn't add horsepower.
Octane is a measure of the fuel's resistance to ignition. (aka stability). It doesn't mean that the fuel has more energy in it (which is what would create hp).

With higher octane fuel, you can add more timing, compression, and boost to an engine. But just dumping 100 octane in your regular ol engine wont do squat unless you started off with such ****ty fuel that the engine was pulling drastic amounts of timing back.

Tuned for race gas. You will make more hp. About 20-30rwhp. I'll see if If I can find some dynos when I get home

Old 03-10-2015, 05:10 PM   #18
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Texas
Similar thing as the OP happened to me recently. Sitting at a light in my red candy 2011 V6 with silver stripes. Just washed and shined it. A guy about my age (early 60s) pulls up in this gorgeous goldish C6 and tells me to roll down my window. He then smiled and told me what a beautiful car I had. Not cocky, just nice. I thanked him as he slowly drove away. Felt great the rest of the way home.
2002 Black/Red GT (Ginger)
2011 Red Candy Metallic V6 (Manfred)
2016 Magnetic Metallic GT (Susie II)
bigmac3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 06:16 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Tuned for race gas. You will make more hp. About 20-30rwhp. I'll see if If I can find some dynos when I get home

Yeah that's the tune bringing the horsepower.. not the gas. Your 335i would need more than just high octane gas to gain power.

Adding timing, cranking up boost, changing valve timing, fuel maps, and things like that is what gains horsepower. Not adding fancy gasoline. You just have to add the race gas after you do all of that so that it combusts when it is supposed to.
Old 03-10-2015, 06:23 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Corvette encounter?

Quote:
Yeah that's the tune bringing the horsepower.. not the gas. Your 335i would need more than just high octane gas to gain power.

Adding timing, cranking up boost, changing valve timing, fuel maps, and things like that is what gains horsepower. Not adding fancy gasoline. You just have to add the race gas after you do all of that so that it combusts when it is supposed to.

It's not stock. With my tune 100 octane would give me quite a bit more power than 9

My 335i has piggyback tune with preloaded maps on it already.

The race gas map already adjust to it I just datalog and send it to the tuner and he tells me how it's running.

With the tune and intake on 15 psi i make 370/420

That's on the basic map.

On the race tune maps I'll be at about 400whp with just tune and intake

Old 03-10-2015, 07:20 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Too bad that some people cannot just be cool with other modded/enthusiast cars. I show respect all modded cars and their drivers. Obviously the types who feel the need to put others down for the car they drive have some type of inferiority complex themself.
Old 03-10-2015, 07:23 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It's not stock. With my tune 100 octane would give me quite a bit more power than 9

My 335i has piggyback tune with preloaded maps on it already.

The race gas map already adjust to it I just datalog and send it to the tuner and he tells me how it's running.

With the tune and intake on 15 psi i make 370/420

That's on the basic map.

On the race tune maps I'll be at about 400whp with just tune and intake

Oh okay that makes sense. Switching between maps would definitely get the gain you speak of
Old 03-10-2015, 07:35 PM   #23
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Who says you can't appreciate both?
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1426034114.451109.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	177141

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 07:47 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Your broke turbo bmw wouldn't touch him lol. Yeah vette guys 9 out of 10 are a bunch of richboy *****. Vettes are fast as hell though.
Old 03-10-2015, 07:49 PM   #25
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitMuscle99 View Post
Your broke turbo bmw wouldn't touch him lol. Yeah vette guys 9 out of 10 are a bunch of richboy ********. Vettes are fast as hell though.
The older ones that are above 40 are typically good hard working people that are cool to be around though.

Old 03-10-2015, 07:51 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The older ones that are above 40 are typically good hard working people that are cool to be around though.

Like I said 9 out of 10. I met some cool vette guys before. One vette owner actually went to the mustang memories show last year giving everybody that deserved it props and was very open minded as far as American cars went.
Old 03-10-2015, 08:03 PM   #27
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
Corvette encounter?

I think it might be a regional thing nearly all the corvette owners in my town are good quality people, now Camaro owners is a different story...
No matter what car type or car brand they will always be infected with those type of people, that give the brand/type a bad name. It's so unfortunate, I meet a lot of really pleasant ricer owners that you'd enjoy being around and want to go to shows with. Then again there's some muscle car owners that I wouldn't want to be in the same show as them...
It all depends on the character quality of the owners...

Adventure till you drop
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 08:05 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonhgt View Post
Too bad that some people cannot just be cool with other modded/enthusiast cars. I show respect all modded cars and their drivers. Obviously the types who feel the need to put others down for the car they drive have some type of inferiority complex themself.
I agree. Just shows that there 2 types of people in the world. Those who can appreciate all fast cars and those who think theirs is better than whatever you have. I had a nice talk with a Camaro guy today. He was cammed with long tubes etc. Sounded great. Dynoed at 505. I personally don't like Camaros but I respected his.
Old 03-10-2015, 09:16 PM   #29
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Recon View Post
...It all depends on the character quality of the owners...
Every month our Mustang club has a car meet at a local Crackerbarrel. We invite different car clubs each month and I have to say that the Corvette Club shows up in quantity and are a great bunch of guys.
2002 Black/Red GT (Ginger)
2011 Red Candy Metallic V6 (Manfred)
2016 Magnetic Metallic GT (Susie II)
bigmac3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 09:19 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac3 View Post
Every month our Mustang club has a car meet at a local Crackerbarrel. We invite different car clubs each month and I have to say that the Corvette Club shows up in quantity and are a great bunch of guys.
I might be in a corvette club here within the next 5 years.
Old 03-10-2015, 09:59 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Oh okay that makes sense. Switching between maps would definitely get the gain you speak of

Yea lol my fault forgot to much the piggyback

---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitMuscle99 View Post
Your broke turbo bmw wouldn't touch him lol. Yeah vette guys 9 out of 10 are a bunch of richboy ********. Vettes are fast as hell though.

But my Prius will pull on yours lol

Old 03-10-2015, 10:36 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota
Not a corvette encounter but I did witness a scary accident today on my way home from dropping off a friend tonight after work. I'm on hwy 169 between Chisholm and Hibbing tonight when a dumbass blows pass me in a 2000s mercury cougar. Tried to pull off some fast and furious driving moves between slower traffic and took out a crossover suv. I pulled over and waited for police to arrive. I gave a statement as an eye witness to the crash. Luckily no one was seriously hurt. Last words the police officer said to me. "nice car"
Old 03-10-2015, 11:19 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

There's always gonna be a quicker car than the one you're driving. The best thing to do when you encounter a dick, is to keep em guessing. When someone says something like what the OP stated, I say:
"Yeah your car might be quicker than mine, but is your car quicker than my .338 Lapua? I think not.... but feel free to keep talking and you might find out."
You won't make friends like that, but you're almost garanteed they'll quit talking to you. Lol

***resident gun idiot***
Roguestang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 11:20 PM   #34
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguestang View Post
There's always gonna be a quicker car than the one you're driving.

Not if you are John Force

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 11:44 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Recon View Post
I think it might be a regional thing nearly all the corvette owners in my town are good quality people, now Camaro owners is a different story...
No matter what car type or car brand they will always be infected with those type of people, that give the brand/type a bad name. It's so unfortunate, I meet a lot of really pleasant ricer owners that you'd enjoy being around and want to go to shows with. Then again there's some muscle car owners that I wouldn't want to be in the same show as them...
It all depends on the character quality of the owners...

Adventure till you drop

It is true it depends on the person.

But this guy was an asshat. And he was the one that came up trying to show off on what is possibly his moms rental.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT