WHAT DO I DO?!!? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-12-2015, 05:59 PM   #36
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
WHAT DO I DO?!!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther140 View Post
My schedule is not up to me. I am in a program and these classes are offered once a year. They are all prereqs for the next class, which is also only once a year. ALl of my schedule is interdependent and set up like a program. You don't get a choice.

I worked full time while in high school. 43 hours a week every week since I was 16 and could drive. After high school, got a job in a foundry at 85 hours per week. In college, I was working 20 hours a week until this schedule started.

Even if I could pick when my classes are, there is physically not enough hours in the day to get them all done in less than 4 days. 5 days is pushing it with homework. Also, its not exactly the easiest **** to learn. IDK what kind of schooling you are talking about, but 2 days a week? if you think you can do this program with only 2 days a week you just show how little you know about what we're up to here lol. Theres a reason half of the people in my program failed out last semester. Literally half of us just gone. And its about 50% harder this semester if you are measuring it in man hours required to keep up. 20% of the people who sign up for my program pass at all. 80% failure rate dude. nobody has a job in this program except the teacher. For example: one kid walked out the classroom last year crying, and never came back lol. And its not because we have a bad teacher or anything. They are the best teachers I have ever encountered, but engineering just isn't attainable for everybody... or most people..

You know how a lot of people struggle with calculus? Or any other higher level math like that? Ive taken engineering classes that make that **** look like learning your ABCs. Those raw math classes are the easiest part of engineering. Anybody that can follow directions can do that

I have plenty of friends that have gone to class two days per week morning until night.

I also have a friend who's studying engineering at one of the top engineering Schools in the Country.

He seems to do just fine working 15-20hrs a week and paying for his 2013-Mustang GT.

I know for a fact a restaurant wouldn't mind hiring you part-time 1-2 nights per week. I also agree live in the dorms you'll have an amazing time!

Plus I know there are breaks throughout the semester
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2015, 06:02 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowconve View Post
go to a loan car title place and dont tell them it dosnt work get a loan and either stay with the cash or use it to fix ur car its up to u bro and sorry to hear about the hard times and hope u get out of them soon
If I kept the cash and let them take my car, would it hurt my credit score?
Old 03-12-2015, 06:11 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
WHAT DO I DO?!!?

Quote:
If I kept the cash and let them take my car, would it hurt my credit score?

Yes, they will charge you ridiculous fees and rates that 1k loan will be like 5k in no time. Then they will take your car to the "guaranteed credit approval" car lot they also own. And then add repo fees and lawyer and collection fees to the loan and you will owe them like $7,347.69 and they will have your car on that 1k loan. Your weed idea probably best one so far!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2015, 06:22 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave73 View Post
Yes, they will charge you ridiculous fees and rates that 1k loan will be like 5k in no time. Then they will take your car to the "guaranteed credit approval" car lot they also own. And then add repo fees and lawyer and collection fees to the loan and you will owe them like $7,347.69 and they will have your car on that 1k loan. Your weed idea probably best one so far!

I know it is the best idea lol. I know enough stoners to where it wouldn't even be sketchy for me. Theres like 8 kids I know who are good at keeping their mouths shut in my town alone. And then some kids from college who are 100% libertarian and are safe to deal with. Problem is, I don't even want the possibility of getting caught with drugs. I would be so screwed long term. making $10k is not worth risking ruining my life. Id rather just get a $10k loan
Old 03-12-2015, 06:31 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Keep a supply cache nearby. Only carry enough for "personal use".

Sent from my LG-D800 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 03-12-2015, 06:32 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
I know it is the best idea lol. I know enough stoners to where it wouldn't even be sketchy for me. Theres like 8 kids I know who are good at keeping their mouths shut in my town alone. And then some kids from college who are 100% libertarian and are safe to deal with. Problem is, I don't even want the possibility of getting caught with drugs. I would be so screwed long term. making $10k is not worth risking ruining my life. Id rather just get a $10k loan

Man your telling me a whole lot more than I want to hear! lol....change of plan....quit college get away from mom and dad ..join the Air Force to become a aviation mechanic, travel the country possibly the world, have a place to live, food on the table, benefits, money for college, and pretty much a guaranteed high paid job when you come out!

Old 03-12-2015, 06:35 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford View Post
I have plenty of friends that have gone to class two days per week morning until night.

I also have a friend who's studying engineering at one of the top engineering Schools in the Country.

He seems to do just fine working 15-20hrs a week and paying for his 2013-Mustang GT.

I know for a fact a restaurant wouldn't mind hiring you part-time 1-2 nights per week. I also agree live in the dorms you'll have an amazing time!

^ This. I would like to know what school and program he is going through.

I’ve never heard of a school/degree with an 80% failure rate. Although some degrees are hard generally universities do a well enough screening applicants prior to ensure they are in a position to be successful. Its in their interest to make sure you pay tuition throughout the whole degree, opposed to only having 20% of the starting class paying the last semester.

I went through a grad program that was just as demanding and honestly they way he describes his schedule is easy. During school I was lucky to get 6 hours a sleep a night and wish I could have gone to school during the day go home study and go to sleep. And like you said basically anywhere will hire you weekends only or 1-2 nights a week for a few hours.
Old 03-12-2015, 06:41 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave73 View Post
Man your telling me a whole lot more than I want to hear! lol....change of plan....quit college get away from mom and dad ..join the Air Force to become a aviation mechanic, travel the country possibly the world, have a place to live, food on the table, benefits, money for college, and pretty much a guaranteed high paid job when you come out!

I just talked to a recruiter last night because I am seriously considering enlisting. All he kept doing was telling me how much money id make.. Dude, I want you to tell me why the other guys need to die. I am more concerned with helping out than making money when it comes to joining a military. I can get a private sector job for that. I feel like enlisting just to take advantage of the GI bill and the signing bonus and the pay is kind of a less than honorable reason to join. Either way, im not eligible to join this year because I have an Adderall prescription. If I enlist it would probably be with the national guard. I don't like the federal government at all lol. Like, I really hate Obama. but I don't want this to turn into a political thread so im just gonna leave it at that. They will close it if I go off about the federal government again! lol
Old 03-12-2015, 06:48 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford View Post

Not in one of the tough years of the program and not at my program. Maybe you missed where I said these classes have only 1 time slot per year. I cant just fail a class and take it next semester. If you fail 1 class, you are 1 year behind. That's why so many fail out here. and I highly doubt he was working 20 hours a week while taking 19 credits a year before he graduates. I could see it freshman year if you aren't commuting and you're only taking 12-15 credits.

I worked 20 hours a week first year of college too. I was taking 12 - 15 credits of easy freshman classes and commuting at the same time. Doesn't work like that anymore
Old 03-12-2015, 07:03 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarzTA17 View Post
^ This. I would like to know what school and program he is going through.

I’ve never heard of a school/degree with an 80% failure rate. Although some degrees are hard generally universities do a well enough screening applicants prior to ensure they are in a position to be successful. Its in their interest to make sure you pay tuition throughout the whole degree, opposed to only having 20% of the starting class paying the last semester.

I went through a grad program that was just as demanding and honestly they way he describes his schedule is easy. During school I was lucky to get 6 hours a sleep a night and wish I could have gone to school during the day go home study and go to sleep. And like you said basically anywhere will hire you weekends only or 1-2 nights a week for a few hours.

One of the reasons we have so many fail out is because of the way class selection is here.

If you fail one class, you cannot take it next semester. Each class is only available 1 time per year (except for Gen eds, which are far behind me). You also cant just continue on with your other classes. Each class that you take is a prereq for your next class, which is a coreq for all your other classes that year. Meaning, you cant be in the other classes unless you are in all of them at once. So if you fail one class, you cant take the next class, which means you cant take your other classes either.

So if you fail one class you cant take the next one until it is offered again, which is next year. Not next semester, its next year.

Fail one class and you are pretty much done. Theres also a **** ton of work to do, so its already hard to pass. If you have life hit you, go to the hospital for a week or something like that, kiss the year goodbye. Most people never come back. Some do, but its a mess.
Old 03-12-2015, 07:22 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
All my sarcastic remarks toward you aside there Panther, join any branch of the military and get you some experience in life. Learn to work as a team member. Get life lessons. Experience new places, do new things. Get out of that little town you feel trapped in. Then in a couple years if you decide to get out you can go to school debt free and you will GET PAID TO GO TO SCHOOL! I was in the Marines. I am 26 years old don't have a job, go to school 24 credit hours a semester and get more money a month than most people working 45+ hours a week. Best decision of my life. My school is paid for and I have the freedom to spend nearly 19k a year on whatever I want after all my living expenses and bills are paid monthly. Don't think you're trapped or have no way out. There are always options. And you can always buy a better mustang down the road. Ford made thousands of them a year.

Sent from the mothership.
Old 03-12-2015, 07:46 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slater2111 View Post
All my sarcastic remarks toward you aside there Panther, join any branch of the military and get you some experience in life. Learn to work as a team member. Get life lessons. Experience new places, do new things. Get out of that little town you feel trapped in. Then in a couple years if you decide to get out you can go to school debt free and you will GET PAID TO GO TO SCHOOL! I was in the Marines. I am 26 years old don't have a job, go to school 24 credit hours a semester and get more money a month than most people working 45+ hours a week. Best decision of my life. My school is paid for and I have the freedom to spend nearly 19k a year on whatever I want after all my living expenses and bills are paid monthly. Don't think you're trapped or have no way out. There are always options. And you can always buy a better mustang down the road. Ford made thousands of them a year.

Sent from the mothership.
I tried to enlist last night and I couldn't because I have an Adderall prescription and brain injuries and a reconstructed foot and ankle lol
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT