Finally drove the GT - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-12-2015, 05:33 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Finally drove the GT

First time since Halloween last year. Damn it felt good, getting tuned next week Friday first day of spring....
Attached Files
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2015, 08:12 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Very nice, your car sounds mean as heck! You won't be sneaking by any cops this summer, that is for sure!

I busted my stang out three days ago, avoiding all these potholes and ice spots on the road (in the early mornings) has been a PITA, but well worth it.
Old 03-12-2015, 08:27 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonhgt View Post
Very nice, your car sounds mean as heck! You won't be sneaking by any cops this summer, that is for sure!

I busted my stang out three days ago, avoiding all these potholes and ice spots on the road (in the early mornings) has been a PITA, but well worth it.
Its funny you say that because I went by a cop about 10 minutes into my cruise going the other way and seen him do a u turn on a busy road a ways behind me so I turned into a gas station real quick and cut it off. I'm hit haha. And thanks. If you go to Woodward or mustang memories show in Dearborn you Will defiantly see me for sure and hear it in person. I'm actually organizing a cruise now on the other forum for after the tune.
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2015, 08:35 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Nothing like the natural high you get hiding car from cops so they don't start messing with you. I hope to get out to one of the cruise days on other thread this summer, if I can sneak away from job/kids.

What kind of exhaust setup have you got?
Old 03-12-2015, 08:37 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonhgt View Post
Nothing like the natural high you get hiding car from cops so they don't start messing with you. I hope to get out to one of the cruise days on other thread this summer, if I can sneak away from job/kids.

What kind of exhaust setup have you got?
Its more what's done to the motor than the exhaust. But I don't like to give my combo out anyways. Pm me if you want to know.
Old 03-14-2015, 08:43 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Well I got pulled over this morning. This is gonna be one hell of a summer I can tell already. Luckily it was a Detroit cop. He said I better do something to quite it down and said He heard me coming 3 blocks away. Ran my driving record and said it was good. Didn't write a ticket luckily as I wasn't speeding, he was a younger rookie. Said it sounds like I have a big block in there and said don't let me see you again and to do something with the exhaust haha.
Old 03-14-2015, 10:20 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Finally drove the GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitMuscle99 View Post
Well I got pulled over this morning. This is gonna be one hell of a summer I can tell already. Luckily it was a Detroit cop. He said I better do something to quite it down and said He heard me coming 3 blocks away. Ran my driving record and said it was good. Didn't write a ticket luckily as I wasn't speeding, he was a younger rookie. Said it sounds like I have a big block in there and said don't let me see you again and to do something with the exhaust haha.

You got lucky. A rookie was recklessly driving and almost hit me as I was making a left. To justify, he gave me a ticket for running a red light.

This guy was like 24. And he was nervous as hell because I knew my rights so kept threatening to arrest me. And I kept telling him he can't.

Long story short, he was so pissed at himself he didn't bother asking for insurance card or registration. Nor did he give me a ticket for driving in sandals or for illegal tints. He gave me a ticket for the one thing I did not do. Talk about luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
alecas447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 10:24 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by alecas447 View Post
You got lucky. A rookie was recklessly driving and almost hit me as I was making a left. To justify, he gave me a ticket for running a red light.

This guy was like 24. And he was nervous as hell because I knew my rights so kept threatening to arrest me. And I kept telling him he can't.

Long story short, he was so pissed at himself he didn't bother asking for insurance card or registration. Nor did he give me a ticket for driving in sandals or for illegal tints. He gave me a ticket for the one thing I did not do. Talk about luck.

Damn what a ******* hiding behind a badge lol
Old 03-14-2015, 10:32 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Damn what a ******* hiding behind a badge lol

Yeap he even told me that if I go to court. He will be there to testify. And I quote " whose word will the judge believe, mine or some kid in a mustang". Lol.
When pulled me over he asked me to get out of the car he asked if I was ****ing stupid. I told him no officer, are you?

He then asked me like 10 questions to which, I know I don't have to reply.

My best shot is go to court to at least fight to not the 3 points.

Old 03-14-2015, 11:14 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeap he even told me that if I go to court. He will be there to testify. And I quote " whose word will the judge believe, mine or some kid in a mustang". Lol.
When pulled me over he asked me to get out of the car he asked if I was ****ing stupid. I told him no officer, are you?

He then asked me like 10 questions to which, I know I don't have to reply.

My best shot is go to court to at least fight to not the 3 points.

Damn that **** makes me want to get a go pro with a swivel mount on my rear view that I can turn in case I get pulled over by an ******* like that this spring and summer. Even though He was wrong if you weren't a smartass he May of let you go. I was nice as hell to the cop. I was like "is there a problem here sir I wasn't speeding and in fact I was under the limit" which I was. He said the reason I stopped you was the excessive noise coming from your car, do you have your liscence and registration. He went to his car I was like Wtf. Then he came back said I have a good driving record and proceeded to tell me its obnoxiously loud and to get it quieted down etc Lmao. Told him okay sir I'll get right on that today. Then he was like does this thing have a big block or what? How are you doing to quiet it down? I said there's silencer inserts I can go home and put in the exhaust tips and he said okay go do that than.
Old 03-14-2015, 11:23 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Damn that **** makes me want to get a go pro with a swivel mount on my rear view that I can turn in case I get pulled over by an ******* like that this spring and summer. Even though He was wrong if you weren't a smartass he May of let you go. I was nice as hell to the cop. I was like "is there a problem here sir I wasn't speeding and in fact I was under the limit" which I was. He said the reason I stopped you was the excessive noise coming from your car, do you have your liscence and registration. He went to his car I was like Wtf. Then he came back said I have a good driving record and proceeded to tell me its obnoxiously loud and to get it quieted down etc Lmao. Told him okay sir I'll get right on that today. Then he was like does this thing have a big block or what? How are you doing to quiet it down? I said there's silencer inserts I can go home and put in the exhaust tips and he said okay go do that than.

That's the thing he verbally abused me. But he might have let me go.

But he did call more officers to see if he can arrest. When they arrived they laughed and left. Poor rookie lol

Old 03-14-2015, 12:37 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

But he did call more officers to see if he can arrest. When they arrived they laughed and left. Poor rookie lol

Old 03-14-2015, 04:48 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

What a joke
Old 03-14-2015, 07:30 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Mines been in the garage since early november. I'll be waking her up tomorrow I think. Normally I like to wait for rain to wash the salt away. But it is time.
JWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 07:53 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWorm View Post
Mines been in the garage since early november. I'll be waking her up tomorrow I think. Normally I like to wait for rain to wash the salt away. But it is time.
Well I just went on two short cruises as my car needs a tune from the ported head and cam swap but I will be driving it full time come April or end of the month for sure. We had rain already here and Detroit's to poor to salt most roads only main streets haha.
Old 03-14-2015, 08:30 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Lol. I work in detroit alot. They do lack on the salt. Toledo goes a little overboard with it though.
JWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 08:57 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWorm View Post
Lol. I work in detroit alot. They do lack on the salt. Toledo goes a little overboard with it though.
If your ever in the area let me know.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT