American Muscle is the WORST - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-21-2015, 04:12 PM   #1
WJL
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
American Muscle is the WORST

So i buy a set of Ford Racing gears and installation kit from American Muscle i open up the bearing kit and the pinion bearing falls a part literally the bearing cage falls off and the rollers go rolling.

I called American Muscle and their response was oh we'll give you a $20.00 discount on a new bearing kit.

They sold a defective kit and will not own up to it, i said to him how about if i pack everything up and send it back, he said he was told by his supervisor not to issue a return shipment. After all the %&#@ I've heard i gave them a shot and look what happens.

If i were you i would but nothing from them

Sincerely

Pi%$ed Off
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2015, 04:17 PM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJL View Post
So i buy a set of Ford Racing gears and installation kit from American Muscle i open up the bearing kit and the pinion bearing falls a part literally the bearing cage falls off and the rollers go rolling.

I called American Muscle and their response was oh we'll give you a $20.00 discount on a new bearing kit.

They sold a defective kit and will not own up to it, i said to him how about if i pack everything up and send it back, he said he was told by his supervisor not to issue a return shipment. After all the %&#@ I've heard i gave them a shot and look what happens.

If i were you i would but nothing from them

Sincerely

Pi%$ed Off
Being hostile and a jerk will not solve your issues. You are mad. Calm down and solve your problem like an adult. Wait until the week and talk to Alex.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 03-21-2015, 05:14 PM   #3
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
The kit was most likely defective from the manufacturer or UPS messed it up. AM is the middle man really. But they normally would replace it. It sounds like that person either wanted to get out of there or they didn't know what to do.

As pissed as you are just calm down and once Alex sees this thread I'm positive he will send you out a new one free of charge.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2015, 06:09 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
Have you ordered and returned a bunch of stuff with them before or first time?
Old 03-21-2015, 06:13 PM   #5
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
I'm positive they will take care of it. Get more bees with honey tho
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Old 03-21-2015, 07:36 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubnbit View Post
I'm positive they will take care of it. Get more bees with honey tho
I think it's Flys .... Flys with honey, but bees make honey. Idk
Did you know honey never goes bad and lasts forever.
Old 03-21-2015, 08:15 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waylap1 View Post
I think it's Flys .... Flys with honey, but bees make honey. Idk
Haha funny stuff. I had a bad experience with am before they sent me my mach 1 chin without bolts lol. They sent me one right away next day air when I complained about it though. I would of asked to talk to someone else or called back.
Old 03-21-2015, 08:19 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waylap1 View Post
you couldnt tell me this last week? i just threw the bottle out. ugh.
Old 03-21-2015, 08:27 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I know how you feel. I got chin deep into my rear end gear swap and rebuild and found out the spider gears they advertised as and sent me aren't for a traction lock rear end. So I called them up and they refunded the money on the spot. Without the box and without questions. And took them back. I think the guy or gal on the phone didn't know what to do. Wait for Alex or call again on Monday. They will for sure take care of you.

Sent from the mothership.
Old 03-21-2015, 08:46 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
All will be righted.
Good luck & update.
Sorry to hear that, sucks I know
Old 03-21-2015, 09:14 PM   #11
WJL
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Yea i'm already over it,
to tell you the truth as soon as i opened the bearing kit i could tell it was well not of good quality, i should have stopped right there and returned it for a better kit.

If you compare the Motive Bearing Kit to the stock oem, the oem is way better heavier.

I wished someone would of told me, oh well i'm just going to buy new bearing and go from there.
Old 03-21-2015, 11:34 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
You shouldnt have to sweet talk to somebody just to have them fix what they ****ed up. Yeah I agree its better to be pleasent with them, but you have the right to be angry and express it if you wish. It is justified and "being angry" doesnt void your warranty.
Old 03-21-2015, 11:51 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
American Muscle is the WORST

Quote:
Originally Posted by robb15033 View Post
All will be righted.

Good luck & update.

Sorry to hear that, sucks I know

True, but when dealing with a business you shouldn't have to post a compliant online where a business rep sees it and addresses it. These kinds of things should be taken care of when dealing with the business through normal means of communication (calling customer service, email, etc). I mean lets say OP wasn't a member on here. This would have ended based on the call to customer service and it would never get resolved.
Old 03-22-2015, 12:05 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Just beware, mods really frown upon airing out grievances with vendor sponsors on this forum. Just saying...

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Old 03-22-2015, 12:09 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

^ This is how a free market works though. I'm sure that American Muscle will eventually make this right, especially if they see this. If not, then lesson learned I guess. Ive worked at an auto parts store before, and we did not question customers if they said they had an issue with a part. IF there was any chance in hell that they thought we gave them a bad part, we *****g fixed it and were friendly about it. If they were mad at us, we tried even harder. Thats the way MEN do business. And guess what? we were the most successful store in the chain considering the size of town we were in. Although I didnt like working for my whiny boss there at all, he knew how to keep a customer happy and coming back. And thats what is valuable to a business, because customers have money and mouths.
Old 03-22-2015, 12:20 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther140 View Post
^ This is how a free market works though. I'm sure that American Muscle will eventually make this right, especially if they see this. If not, then lesson learned I guess. Ive worked at an auto parts store before, and we did not question customers if they said they had an issue with a part. IF there was any chance in hell that they thought we gave them a bad part, we *****g fixed it and were friendly about it. If they were mad at us, we tried even harder. Thats the way MEN do business. And guess what? we were the most successful store in the chain considering the size of town we were in. Although I didnt like working for my whiny boss there at all, he knew how to keep a customer happy and coming back. And thats what is valuable to a business, because customers have money and mouths.
Just offering up advice on how this forum works. This forum is not a free market, there are rules to follow.

Old 03-22-2015, 12:21 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Maybe you could show me the part of the rule section that prohibits telling other people our experiences with companies
Old 03-22-2015, 12:54 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Maybe you could show me the part of the rule section that prohibits telling other people our experiences with companies
It's in there, with a bold heading. Please take 5 minutes to read all the rules over and you will find it yourself.

Old 03-22-2015, 01:22 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberMeBlue View Post
It's in there, with a bold heading. Please take 5 minutes to read all the rules over and you will find it yourself.

Couldnt find it. Maybe I am misinterpreting this:
Member Conduct

You hereby agree to refrain from engaging in any inappropriate conduct when using the Websites. Inappropriate conduct will not be tolerated and may result in the termination of member privileges. Inappropriate conduct is any conduct deemed by the Company to be harmful to the online community, including not limited to the following:
posting any content deemed by us to be obscene, sexually explicit, vulgar, threatening, harassing, or abusive;
posting content containing nudity or violence;
soliciting personal information from anyone under 18 years of age;
providing a hyperlink to any website containing nudity or violence;
soliciting or promoting any criminal activity;
posting content which promotes hatred of any race, ethnicity, sex, gender, or religion;
transmitting unsolicited email to the Company or any member;
impersonating any person or entity;
posting advertisements or any other form of commercial solicitation without express authorization from the Company;
infringing the intellectual property rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, patent, privacy, publicity or other personal or proprietary rights;
posting any defamatory or otherwise false information; and
posting or transmitting computer viruses or any other malicious software
Old 03-22-2015, 01:28 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Couldnt find it. Maybe I am misinterpreting this:
Member Conduct

You hereby agree to refrain from engaging in any inappropriate conduct when using the Websites. Inappropriate conduct will not be tolerated and may result in the termination of member privileges. Inappropriate conduct is any conduct deemed by the Company to be harmful to the online community, including not limited to the following:
posting any content deemed by us to be obscene, sexually explicit, vulgar, threatening, harassing, or abusive;
posting content containing nudity or violence;
soliciting personal information from anyone under 18 years of age;
providing a hyperlink to any website containing nudity or violence;
soliciting or promoting any criminal activity;
posting content which promotes hatred of any race, ethnicity, sex, gender, or religion;
transmitting unsolicited email to the Company or any member;
impersonating any person or entity;
posting advertisements or any other form of commercial solicitation without express authorization from the Company;
infringing the intellectual property rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, patent, privacy, publicity or other personal or proprietary rights;
posting any defamatory or otherwise false information; and
posting or transmitting computer viruses or any other malicious software
See the following. I also included the paragraph about free speech:

Dealer/Vendor and Customer Disputes
This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about vendors or sales from private parties. Please settle your differences with the seller, manufacturer and dealer through other means but not through our community.

About the First Amendment, censorship and your "right to free speech"
We believe in public freedom of speech but that right does not infer that others have to publish your speech. Mustang Evolution is privately owned and we require members to abide by our rules and by the decisions of our staff. If you post outside these guidelines your post may be edited or deleted - any law or constitutional right your country may have regarding freedom of speech does not apply to this site.

Old 03-22-2015, 01:33 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberMeBlue View Post
See the following. I also included the paragraph about free speech:

Dealer/Vendor and Customer Disputes
This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about vendors or sales from private parties. Please settle your differences with the seller, manufacturer and dealer through other means but not through our community.

About the First Amendment, censorship and your "right to free speech"
We believe in public freedom of speech but that right does not infer that others have to publish your speech. Mustang Evolution is privately owned and we require members to abide by our rules and by the decisions of our staff. If you post outside these guidelines your post may be edited or deleted - any law or constitutional right your country may have regarding freedom of speech does not apply to this site.

Yeah I understand the application of the first amendment when it comes to private entities--

But, there is literally a section of this forum for people to talk to/about AmericanMuscle. SO that means that this thread is not against the rules, it was just posted in the wrong section. There are a bunch of threads like this regarding Americanmuscle on this forum, but they are in the appropriate section. How can this be against forum rules when there is an entire section devoted to this specific company?
Old 03-22-2015, 01:48 AM   #22
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Yeah I understand the application of the first amendment when it comes to private entities--

But, there is literally a section of this forum for people to talk to/about AmericanMuscle. SO that means that this thread is not against the rules, it was just posted in the wrong section. There are a bunch of threads like this regarding Americanmuscle on this forum, but they are in the appropriate section. How can this be against forum rules when there is an entire section devoted to this specific company?
The proper place is called "support our sponsors"
Not stomp your feet and have a hissy fit while nobody is around to fix an issue you have lol

Old 03-22-2015, 01:49 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
The proper place is called "support our sponsors"
Not stomp your feet and have a hissy fit while nobody is around to fix an issue you have lol

Well then why don't you buy the bearing kit from the guy
Old 03-22-2015, 01:50 AM   #24
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Well then why don't you buy the bearing kit from the guy
Why would I do that?

Old 03-22-2015, 01:50 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I am going to take a step back and let the mods address this. I was just trying to give the OP some advice that I know was going to be forthcoming, based on the rules and what I have seen happen time and time again out here.

Old 03-22-2015, 02:17 AM   #26
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
GrabberMeBlue is right. All disputes should be handled privately. Being a section for American Muscle does not make it an exemption since the rule also applies to all other types of companies, there are many other types of topics that can be created in the section (which this isn't even in, this is a tech section so the placement is already wrong, wouldn't it make sense that if you wanted AM's attention to post it in the AM section anyway?). Only under drastic circumstances should posts be public. This is one of those situations that should be handled over PM with a representative.

OP i would recommend sending Alex from AM a message, tell him what happened.

I'm going to go ahead and close the thread.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT