Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Slp

1K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  motoreyes 
#1 ·
So i have a off road x pipe with slps. Is that basically straight pipes?...

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#2 ·
Its close. SLP "mufflers" are more like resonators.

#3 ·
You're real close, like Scotty said, the LM1 mufflers are just straight through hollow, essentially being just a resonator. I used to have your exact setup, until I realized it was just super obnoxiously loud lol

"I don't drive fast, I fly low"

#4 ·
For a straight through, Magnaflows or Dynomax Ultras sound great. Magnapacks if you want to go louder. I agree that SLP is a little too much especially if you live in a neighborhood.

#5 ·
When I had my LM1/ or x, I was not able to drive trough my hometowns of belmar/manasquan/spring lake, after 10pm.. They all have noise ordinances after 10pm which include loud mufflers, and trust me they'll stop ya REAL quick at that time of night.

"I don't drive fast, I fly low"

#10 ·
Honestly you can't really go wrong with any system IMO. All are going to flow the same for the most part and with an o/r X they're all going to be loud

#13 ·
^Seems like a LOT of ppl run the LM1s with the LS1 cars. Had a guy in our neighborhood in Brick that ran what sounded like that setup but at least he didn't DD the thing and only took it out on nice days in the afternoons.

#14 · (Edited)
Something must be different with my car because if I stay in a higher gear and not be "retarded" in the neighborhood its not that loud

Now when I open it up it is 110% retarded loud lol

#17 ·
Those would most likely be Magnapacks. Which are made by Magnaflow.

#16 ·
SLP Loudmouth's and an off road H on my Shelby. It's just a wee bit loud.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.